Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I was wondering if it was possible for Blizzard to create a more boring encounter than ragnaros but boy did they show me it was possible with Madness. 4 platforms containing adds, adds and nothing but adds. Icing on the cake is when you finally finish the playform stage you don't even fight deathwing, his face just slumps onto a platform and then more adds ????. 12 minute long fight on normal mode = cancer progressing on heroic where all the bullshit adds get more hp. So epic! Just kidding, possibly the worst fight ever created.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tuning is much better than it was on PTR, but it's still horribly boring... hell, it's even worse, since it takes longer than it used to. Adds, adds, more adds, for 10+ minutes.

Couldn't be more underwhelming. I know it's probably hard to come up with an epic fight every time out, but it feels like they didn't even try to make it epic.
    It is just flat out boring. No chance of wiping if your group is 1. Awake, 2. Sitting at their computer.

Truly disappointed it made it from ptr like this.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

We're having struggle with it. We run 1 tank, 2-3 healers and 6-7 dps.

We dunno if we should 2 heal or 3 heal it. We got Holy/ret pala, Disc/shadow priest and resto druid. Pala tank. Fury warr, combat rogue, boomkin, ele sham, mm hunter and fire mage.

We struggle with getting the big tentacles down before the 2. impale which kills our tank 3/5 times. 14% best try.

We stack, spread and nuke tentacle, nuke the meteor and kill off the tentacle, stack and kill the "hand".

Green -> Yellow -> Red -> Blue is our kill order.

For Blue and Green, when meteor comes we go to the oppesite end stack and use a tranq/hym and spread out after we after 2-4 sec being stacked.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vknyyovlrj7h4fdj/

Any suggestions would really help us.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Quote Originally Posted by Cowiesh View Post
    Any suggestions would really help us.
    Don't try to 1-tank it, use 2 tanks + 3 healers. There is a trick to helping dps requirements on the 4th limb... have one dps burn it down to 91 % while others are nuking the first limb, that way you won't need dps cooldowns on it to avoid Cataclysm. Then pew pew in p2 and make sure people are using Dream when they get Shrapnel.

i am only disappointed that i do not get to tank Deathwing, Chin to Chin..... my epic beard weeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopsa View Post
    Normal mode Madness is extremely easy compared to other end-tier fights for one reason: no single person can wipe the raid, or even KILL THEMSELVES on their own.
    Tank forgot Cooldown on Impale? Dead.
    Forgot to use Dream/self cooldown against Sharpnel? Dead.
    Didn't move out of the way of the meteor? Dead.

While losing people doesn't really mean you wipe, it severely reduces the chances of success.

I agree the fight is not as epic as some past bosses (Kil'Jaeden still holds the title for most epic encounter IMO) - but it is a fun fight.

I do like how different group comps can significantly alter the ideal platform order.

Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    They really dropped the ball on Spine of deathwing/Madness. Extremely underwhelming fights, it's kinda hard not to laugh when you realize deathwing isn't flying and the background is just moving like one of those bad 80's films.
    how would it be like if you for example had a gnome warrior/dk tank deathwing when he's flying/standing on the ground, it would've looked pathetic if they would have him in full size.

we run it with 1 tank 3 heals 6 dps, we were able to kill the big tentacle before 2nd impale so keeping tank alive was a piece of cake

order was: Ysera -> Noz -> Alex -> Kalec, BL on Ysera platform then BL again in p2

p2 we downed DW to 12% then switched to adds immediately, burnt it down, ignored 2nd set of adds, 1 tank 2 heals are pretty much doable as the big tentacle dies so fast that makes healing easier and quick burn in p2.

IMO, the fight was similar to Nefarian where ppl have to be concentrated and some mechanics can 1shot you if you do not handle them properly.

7/10

Wiping due to people falling off the platforms cuz the bounce buff wasnt applied to tanks.... GG

Deleted
    This seems really really easy on 25man, atleast we managed to 1shot it on normal mode. Bit sad really, but hat being said, I really get the feeling it's going to be horrible on heroic.. Let's see.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easily one of the most epic encounters I have ever done, the tuning is perfect on normal, the visuals are stunning, the music is phenomenal, the location is epic. Looking up from the wing tentacle I'm dpsing and seeing this giant mutated deathwing staring me down was just so insanely awesome. I love how many different ways you can change the strategy to fit your groups play style and make up, that's a really dynamic and enjoyable aspect (pun intended) of it.

9/10 on this fight, one of the best I've done.
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2011-12-05 at 11:08 PM.

While it is an outstanding fight, very nicely tuned with lots of good mechanics, it is horrendously disappointing to me as a final boss of an expansion. I understand we can't fight him traditionally, as he's just so damn huge, but just fighting his fingers? Man... I don't know. It doesn't feel awesome at all. Even the end is just Thrall doing a massive blast wave with the Dragon Soul. Can't we at least show that the raiders participate by having them click it at 1% to activate the Dragon Soul or something?

Deleted
    Madness made me understand why they decided after so long to give Enhancement shamans proper AoE at long last.
    Adds, adds and a few more adds.
    It was an 'okay' fight but for the last encounter in the expansion I was left feeling quite underwhelmed. But I reserve judgement until we reach Madness heroic and see what it's all about. I'm desperately hoping maybe it will be like Rag hc and it will have an entirely new, final phase. Sadly doubt it, but you never know!

Terrible fight, and far too easy on 10 man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I'm actually liking the encounter. A few mechanics should be added here and there on *heroic*, and p2 definitely needs to be harder in normal mode because right now it's a joke, but I like the feeling of the fight, unlike most people.

I'm definitely happy not to see a regular dragon fight.
    I agree with most of the above.

I felt like the fight was actually really well designed and pretty challenging in 10 man - our gear's shit, fair deuce, we're most not even half 391 geared (one of our tanks and one of our healers barely scrapping 378 item level) and we don't have the 5% haste buff from moonkins/shamans but P2 was not a joke for us at all. It's easy, surely enough, it's just tank and spank mostly and nuking the shit out of what you can but the debuff hits like a motherfucking truck and you have to nuke the boss pretty hard not to be overwhelmed by the damage.

Both Spine and Madness have a really nice feel to them, they're very well planned out even though they can both be frustrating; be it on the latter due to the 12~ minute tries (we wiped 4 times on 2% last night, for example) or on the former because of how random his rolls can be (might've been us failing).

10+ Year Old Account
    The fight is faaaaaaaar too easy on 10man.
    The only thing that kept us from killing it earlier this week, is that people kept falling into the water midair, getting killed.
    Once we actually managed to get him into p2, it was a kill.

I also think that he's a little bugged at the start. He kept tossing the elementium bolt with 10 seconds left on the countdown, something that really fucked us over because we only had one tank.

But I can see this fight being VERY hard for people not in heroic firelands gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    10-mans are easier to form and coordinate, but harder to beat. Most bosses drop 2 pieces of loot. 2/10 = 20%. (Lower chances of loot you want, but less competition.)

25-mans are harder to form and coordinate, but easier to beat. Most bosses drop 4-6 pieces. 5/25 = 20%. (Higher chances of loot you want, but more competition.)

I have to wait till next week to get enough people to try normal with guild. For the time being, I'm stuck joining a PuG or LFR, so I don't get to see what people are complaining about.

I still think the entire Nefarian fight is bullshit (especially on 10-man) compared to any non-heroic fight. That's just my opinion, and I haven't done the other have of Dragon Soul.

*smoke bomb*
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2011-12-05 at 10:52 PM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpony View Post
    But I can see this fight being VERY hard for people not in heroic firelands gear.
    P2's just a gear check, really (actually, the rest of the encounter is a bit of a check as well - soaking bolts, quite intense healing overall, impressive single target damage required, etc.), as I said above most of our raiders are in 385~ item level or something such and it's quite fucking hard to meet the (mainly) DPS requirements. It's definitely not going to be puggable which makes me extremely pleased, plus it feels great to finally have to push ourselves to dish out as much as we can (had never happened before, we only started raiding in Firelands).