Advice on gearing my Warlock

So far my lock has the current set of gear, Beato
    I still need the honor for the shoulder enchant but thats coming soon, my question is, bearing in mind that I'm a human with a racial trinket, should I bother to get a second PVP trinket for the resillience? I've never been a huge fan of on use trinkets and the Brewfest trinket gives me crit and a proc but if an experienced pvper thinks the extra resil will be a larger help I'll spring for the on-use one and work it in

My advice is to get battle-master trinket, and un-use inti + resi trinket.
    Resi is an important stat for locks.
    Then I'd gem pure resi in yellow gems, and pure inti in reds, like you do, and sta + resi in blue slots.
    Reforge all your gear to haste, and you should do fine

My lock is geared a "BIT" better than yours, and i'm sitting at 40% dmg mitigation without Soul Link + Glyph.
    The reason for the battlermaster trinket is the healthboosts works wonders with a Soul Burned healthstone, it have saved my life countless times (80k healthboost for a few secs)

Also, an on-use trinket will help you a lot to improve your pressure, pair it up with Demon Soul and perhabs Lifeblood, to get some increased dots at start
    Last edited by IAMANIKOLAS; 2011-11-10 at 09:53 PM.
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

Ah I forgot about the health bonus trinket... That can work, thanks for the advice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMANIKOLAS View Post
    Then I'd gem pure resi in yellow gems, and pure inti in reds, like you do, and sta + resi in blue slots.

My lock is geared a "BIT" better than yours, and i'm sitting at 40% dmg mitigation without Soul Link + Glyph.
    The reason for the battlermaster trinket is the healthboosts works wonders with a Soul Burned healthstone, it have saved my life countless times (80k healthboost for a few secs)
    You should NEVER gem pure resil. ANY good PvPer would tell you that. Go for +20 resil +20 int for your yellow sockets.
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2011-11-10 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Defined "something else"

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    You should NEVER gem pure resil. ANY good PvPer would tell you that. Go for +20 resil +20 something else for your yellow sockets.
    This.

And, if you decide to get an on-use trinket for damage, you can combine it in a macro with other cooldowns that increase your damage output, etc.. so essentially you use the macro and for a brief amount of time can put out even better pressure than normally, which sometimes wins it for you. (if you time it right, certain people CC'd, no trinkets.. etc)

Imo bro just get ur honor cap. Cause all the gear gonna be replaced by honor gear in 3 weeks it seems (29e nov = the end of this season).

What i suggest is grab the 2 enchants from honor. Then get ur 4k cap again. Cap ur valor (so u can convert the justice points into honor aswell) and rock the new season.

Just a few tips for your new gear for the next season ( i play warlock up to 2550 mmr )

* never gem resi. Warlocks have more then enough resi (when full geared) cause soullink and demon armor provides enough to be easy healed.
    i suggest 20int/20 haste gems in the yellow slots. The gems in ur blue slots are fine (the 20int/20hit ones) When u are hit capped its even worth it to put 40 int gems in the blue sockets.

* get a cloak enchant. As u dont have tailoring i suggest 50 interlect.

* U need to get spellpenetration!! One piece (cloak/neck gives u enough to be capped. U cant afford to have a fear missing or something like that

* Switch ur insignia trinket for the on use one. Its far better to use the trinket with demonsoul combined when u caught a healer in a full silence or full fear etc.

* I see u reforged everything to crit. Haste is far better then crit on mastery. Imo reforge everything to haste!

* If u have the cash get darkmooncard volcano (i do need to say i dont know if its still gonna be the best when the new patch goes life)

* Imo 40 resi on chest is better.

* Get lavewalker on boots

* I also think your spec is not how i should be.

U do need to get Jinx! its one of the best talent points for locks imo. Cause u need to learn how to work ur curses on multiple targets (weakness on melee tongues on casters elements on 1 of em etc)
    I also think that the improved fear is not worth it. U should get coex.

* as far as ur glyphs i would swap a few around aswell
    prime: UA, Haunt, Corr
    Major: Howl, soulswap, shadowflame (the soullink is not worth it anymore with the extra resi etc + ur pet dies way to fast.)

Hope i helped u out a bit.

If u want to know more, feel free to ask me!
    always good to help out fellow warlocks!

Greetz

Marss

---------- Post added 2011-11-11 at 12:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IAMANIKOLAS View Post

Also, an on-use trinket will help you a lot to improve your pressure, pair it up with Demon Soul and perhabs Lifeblood, to get some increased dots at start
    please dont listen to this. Battlemasters is not needed for warlocks (i do use it on my priest but he doesnt have portal )

Quote Originally Posted by SwiZzZ* View Post
    * U need to get spellpenetration!! One piece (cloak/neck gives u enough to be capped. U cant afford to have a fear missing or something like that
    Just quoting this since I realy don't want you to miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

good stream of advice there, have to come back here when gearing in next season to remember some tips there lol. As for the cape, I have int on it but at the time I hadnt logged out so it didnt update. My friend who used to be pvp obsessed on his druid before he quit was horny for a pvp lock so I let him set up my spec and he told me to go stats, tho now that I'm back into the gameplay of locks I'll revisit my talents and glyphs and such as you suggested thanks.

I'm planning on finishing up my vicious set and setting it all up to be ready for the season to end, but once I'm done I'll do what you suggested about honor, get the chants and hold onto 4k
    Last edited by Mabaroshi; 2011-11-10 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabaroshi View Post
    get the chants and hold onto 4k
    |This| thats what i am doin

---------- Post added 2011-11-11 at 01:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mabaroshi View Post
    I'm planning on finishing up my vicious set
    Since they changed the end date of the season to the 29e, u still have some weeks before to get conquest points (2s arena etc.) i suggest u do that aswell and get some ruthless aswell. Then when the new season starts just replace the items wich can be improved the most.

GL