Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    Everything.
    eat ALL the things!

My fathers side of the family is pretty standard american fair. Turkey, gravy, stuffing, canned cranberry, pumpkin pie, and etc.

My mothers side of the family is more interesting. My grandmother is from Italy and she came over here when she was 18, so she has no no actual thanksgiving experience. All she knew was that americans ate alot of food and there was turkey. So every thanksgiving we have a small dry turkey that no one eats and the rest is just awesome homecooked italian food. I wouldnt have it any other way tbh.

When its just my parents, its pretty unusual as well. My dad spent alot of time in Spain himself.(He was a cook and chef before he went to school to be a teacher.) So with a actually real good turkey and stuffing which is awesome initself. Thats where it ends usually. My dad cooks up albondigas(spanish meatballs) and some tapas on the side as well. Tapas are like spanish appetizers, like bar food. Theres patatas bravas as well as some others. My mom makes some anti pasta's and some pasta courses. Cause italians always eat pasta with their big meals.

I have had like maybe 4-5 "american" thanksgivings and thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much for every holiday, except maybe for Easter during which we often have scalloped potatoes and ham, we have a deep fried turkey. Absolutely incredible... and the sandwiches afterwards taste like sex... you know... if sex didn't actually taste disgusting...
    Last edited by Rageissues; 2011-11-20 at 09:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Pretty much for every holiday, except maybe for Easter, we have a deep fried turkey. Absolutely incredible... and the sandwiches afterwards taste like sex... you know... if sex didn't actually taste disgusting...
    I have never had deep fried turkey, I feel deprived.

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 01:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Donutbagg View Post
    My fathers side of the family is pretty standard american fair. Turkey, gravy, stuffing, canned cranberry, pumpkin pie, and etc.

My mothers side of the family is more interesting. My grandmother is from Italy and she came over here when she was 18, so she has no no actual thanksgiving experience. All she knew was that americans ate alot of food and there was turkey. So every thanksgiving we have a small dry turkey that no one eats and the rest is just awesome homecooked italian food. I wouldnt have it any other way tbh.

When its just my parents, its pretty unusual as well. My dad spent alot of time in Spain himself.(He was a cook and chef before he went to school to be a teacher.) So with a actually real good turkey and stuffing which is awesome initself. Thats where it ends usually. My dad cooks up albondigas(spanish meatballs) and some tapas on the side as well. Tapas are like spanish appetizers, like bar food. Theres patatas bravas as well as some others. My mom makes some anti pasta's and some pasta courses. Cause italians always eat pasta with their big meals.

I have had like maybe 4-5 "american" thanksgivings and thats it.
    Hey, turkey may be a tradition, but who cares? I say anything goes. If it's good, it's good! \o/
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    My family only really have a special meal at Christmas.
    Many people in the UK have roast turkey for their Christmas dinner, but my mum mixes it up a bit - sometimes roast goose (which is gorgeous when cooked right by someone who knows what they're doing), or she'll do roast game - pheasant, quail, partridge, venison etc.
    Always with at least 2 kinds of home-made stuffing (date and walnut being a personal fave), roast potatoes, roast parsnips, mashed swede (which I think Americans call Rutabaga?), carrots, fresh steamed greens, broccoli etc. And loads and loads of gravy
    Followed by the traditional British Christmas pudding (home-made of course) with fresh cream.

My parents are coming to my place in the Netherlands for Christmas this year, so the pressure is on me this time!
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Thanksgiving this year is going to consist of:

• Scarlet O'Hara Cocktails
    • Blue Cheese Stuffed Celery
    • Roasted Shrimp Cocktail
    • Assorted Olives and Cheeses with Crackers
    • Boned and Rolled Stuffed Turkey (extra stuffing on the side)
    • Mashed Potatoes
    • Green Bean Casserole with a Twist
    • Braised Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Pecans
    • Corn Dish
    • Stuffed Acorn Squash
    • Gravy
    • Apple Pie
    • Fresh Pumpkin Pie
    • Chocolate Kahlua Walnut Pie
    • Sour Cream Raisin Pie
    • Lemon Merinque Pie

That's about the usual list of dishes available during a holiday meal at my house. Some things change depending on the holiday, but for the most part it's a pretty good sampling of the things I present.

people think my family is weird for what we eat. but normally? turkey,ham,macaroni and cheese, like 4-5 veggies,corn bread,dinner rolls,cranberry sauce, stuffing and if my sister is cooking then we have some type of seafood.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I eat whatever's there
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Since everyone in my family is so picky I will be making the minimal amount of food to make it Thanksgiving and then tonight asking everyone that is real picky what custom dish they want me to make so everyone can eat more than 2 items... Of course I'll be making a turkey/stuffing, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, mash pot/gravy, cranberry sauce.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchee View Post
    Im from the UK, ill be on my diet of fish and chips. YAY![

i am the only one who likes fish and chips in my house

ot: depends on the occasion, if its a big family meal usually a huge roast, with way more food than we could ever hope to eat.
    we dont often do it for a variety of reasons, mostly my family doesnt really get on, we never have aunts / uncles over because we dont like each other, just grand parents round.
    and the other reason is that everybody is so bloody fussy at what they eat, i eat anything, litterally if its edible and infront of me i will eat it, but cooking for my family you pretty much have to cook a separate meal for each person
    i love roast dinners!