Poll: Yay or Nay?

Thread: "Quote Alert"

10+ Year Old Account

"Quote Alert"

This is a suggestion for the site.
    Suggestion.
    Su..gess..tion for those of you who might flame me.

I think there should be a feature whenever you're quoted in a thread you should receive a Private Message about it saying something like "Blah blah has replied to your message in blah blah thread".

For me personally...it's kinda of annoying having to constantly refresh the page seeing if your message was replied yet.
    It would be helpful also for mod warnings in the forum like "Blah blah, stop changing the subject".

What do you think of this suggestion? P:

Not a bad idea. Don't know if I'd like a PM (could get pretty spammy), but some quick way of searching replies to your posts would be cool.

Maybe an additional link at the bottom to the left of "Edit Post" which says "Show replies (3)" or something. But yeah, sounds like a lot of work tbh.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see this implemented. There are already vB addons for such a feature, but I don't think any of them have been updated for the current major version.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Alternatively, you can search for your name using the search bar at the top of the page... It will return anywhere you name appears on the forum, including when you're quoted, and it sorts it by time...

Personally, I wouldn't use something like this because I post often, and my posts are often quoted, so I'd be getting PMs a few times an hour at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a bad idea, I think I've seen it here before. As long as you had the option to turn it off.

However, now you can just search your name in a thread and it will show any case of it being used, including being quoted (but not your posts, that's kind of weird).

Well unless you talk about yourself in the third person in your posts, your name wouldn't be in your posts for the search to pick-up

10+ Year Old Account
    One issue with this is that people usually respond to a thread using reply/reply with quote off a user, rather than the generic thread reply button. If you using threaded view (which may not exist anymore), you'll see people responding to posts that really didn't have anything to do with their posts.

It'd be a nice feature, but using subscribed threads from settings is enough for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen it used on other sites, not a bad idea as long as it's an option.