Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stikz View Post
    Yep pretty much this, if they are going be doing cross-server and teleportation to dungeons i'll be a sad panda.
    Exactly this. When they put this LFF (Looking for flashpoint) system in my only hope is that it stays far far away from cross-server. Now about the teleportation part. Flashpoints in SWTOR are located at the Empirial Fleet (donno what the name of the Republic counter part is). They are all tugged into one area. As far as I know there isn't an instance in the world like in wow where it's located. So when you want to do a flaspoint come launch you simply go to that area and find a grp. This is why, imo, it really doesn't matter if you get teleported.

Their warzones (bg's) are already like this. Que up anywhere and get teleported when the que pops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    LFG shouldn't ever be implemented the way WoW has it. It should only find groups on your server, not cross server.
    Agreed that way it will hopefully cut down on idiots and those idiots will be known on the server.

If an LFG-tool is implented, as long as it's not cross-server I'll be mostly fine with it. I don't want WoW's auto-teleport in/out system, but if it's going to take more than 10-15 minutes for everyone to arrive there needs to be some way of speeding it up, for example free shuttle rides to the nearest space port when the group is full.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    This and I also don't want the LFG tool EVER transport the group straight into the Flashpoint. Otherwise I do not mind it.
    How is quicktravel to the nearest shuttlebay then taking a shuttle directly to the flashpoint any different ? RP factor aside.....
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I hate this game already, as it will destroy my will to play another mmo after i start this!
    ARGGGG bring 13th already !

If they make a LFG system similar to WoW's, I will have no problem leaving the game. Not gonna go through that **** again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    Agreed for the most point...NEVER transport to a Flashpoint where you have not been to before...
    As already mentioned, all flashpoint entrances (shuttles) are located on the fleet stations. There's no exploring planets for flashpoints, and there's no PvP opportunity.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Releasing major new content like new planets without additional cost for subscribers? BioWare, you so crazy! How dare you not follow the industry standard and pack every major change into an expansion!.

I know there's been some talk about [user interface customization] amongst our fans and is something that they're very passionate about. That's another thing that we have a team working on, to players a lot more power to essentially adjust their UI so they can move UI elements around, they can change the size or the alignment of it, and essentially customize how they get to play the game.
    Does that mean no Addons and only what they offer? It seems like he's saying we're going to add in <at some point> the ability to tweak the existing UI. There's a specific non mention of addons there.

Yeah if they bring out LFG that will be me done but until then I will enjoy the community and the game at the best it will be before that feature is introduced.

"So [an automatic Flashpoint finder]'s definitely a feature that we want to put in."

I hope they handle that one carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    No matter the butthurt people QQing about things they never actually did (LOL DUDE EPIC BATTLES OUTSIDE THE DUNGEON), the LFG system was probably one of the best things implemented into WoW.

Why? It's just the same thing as Blizzard releasing major patches.
    Using the word butthurt and all capital letters followed by knowing absolutely nothing about which you speak...classic.

I want to play this game right meow.

Here's an interesting thought....

If they implement a Looking for Flashpoint system that you don't like, you are not obligated to use it.
    I swear, so much LFD QQ. People are screaming out for FEWER options and threatening to throw a tantrum if OPTIONS they don't like make it into the game.
    Options. They're...optional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post

If they implement a Looking for Flashpoint system that you don't like, you are not obligated to use it.
    I swear, so much LFD QQ. People are screaming out for FEWER options and threatening to throw a tantrum if OPTIONS they don't like make it into the game.
    Options. They're...optional.
    Not really though, since everyone else will be using it, there will be no other way to find people for flashpoints, if a LFD tool is implemented similar tot WoW.

I don't mind them implementing a LFD tool though, as long as it not cross server.

10+ Year Old Account

If they implement a Looking for Flashpoint system that you don't like, you are not obligated to use it, but are obligated to be affected by it.
    I swear, so much LFD QQ. People are screaming out for MORE options and threatening to throw a tantrum if OPTIONS they like don't make it into the game.
    Options. They're... almost optional.

If you want to continue to group and run flashpoints with your own friends and people on your server, getting to the flashpoints however you see fit, I fail to see how a LFD tool negatively impacts you. The complaints are entirely anecdotal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    LFG shouldn't ever be implemented the way WoW has it. It should only find groups on your server, not cross server.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. I miss the sense of a server community, LFG killed that.

As long as they respect the intricacies of a server community, LFD is fine.

Good read, though. Thanks for posting!