Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is it me or did swtor promise no server issues ?

I think i read that swtor said they would only let so and so many ppl preorder because they wanted everyone to play with no full servers etc. And is it just me or is about 80% servers that have queue time ? I think they should have added more servers. I don`f feel like waiting 30 min - 1 hour 30 min to play the game when they promised me to not.

They never said anything like that. They said they'd stagger early access to try and avoid it. Since basically everyone is in now, it's obvious there were more than they were expecting. Which is retarded because they knew exactly how many early access codes had been redeemed.

As far as i have read they never promised that, even if they did the game is not released yet so i would reserve judgment on that issue.

Deleted
    Queues =/= server issues.

Queues exist so that you don't have server issues. So far I've had/heard about no server issue.

The server limits are lower atm. They're preparing for launch. That's what this early access is for, even if most people think they're doing this for no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    The queue in ToR reminds me this when WoW first launched in 04

http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html

I got DC, was back in 3 minutes. 1h 10min queue.

But I don't complain. So far the game and server stability is brilliant!

The game isnt officially released yet so I'm sure they'll have alot more servers up come the 20th. There's going to be like 3x's more people on the 20th then now since not everyone likes to preorder.

They promised no such thing.

What they did was a smart marketing move to stagger the launch and pretend people get "early" access when in all truth, they have deceived the market as to what their launch is.

That way, they can minimize queues and server instability while creating a positive relationship with their playerbase.
    But no, they never promised a lack of queues because that's unrealistic.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Deleted
    Queue time is not a server issue. If you get DC constantly / permanent lag ... ect ... That is server issue. So far I'm having no issues, other than a massive problem with character models which look like origami. No idea why, still trying to deal with that before actually getting into the game.

It is you.
    #TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by Rakash View Post
    I think i read that swtor said they would only let so and so many ppl preorder because they wanted everyone to play with no full servers etc. And is it just me or is about 80% servers that have queue time ? I think they should have added more servers. I don`f feel like waiting 30 min - 1 hour 30 min to play the game when they promised me to not.
    A lot of servers are very heavy or full... I'm currently sitting in a 403 queue time for my server... tiered early access didn't help much I guess!
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    queue times are ridiculous

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SarSil View Post
    Queues =/= server issues.

Queues exist so that you don't have server issues. So far I've had/heard about no server issue.

The server limits are lower atm. They're preparing for launch. That's what this early access is for, even if most people think they're doing this for no reason.
    precisely dont get me wrong im as anxious to play as any one else
    but its been 3 yrs since announcement if i had early access i wouldn't complain about que wait times

10+ Year Old Account
    it's you.

no new online game has ever come out the gates without server issues.

a company like bioware isn't stupid enough to guarantee that there will be no problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Queue time for a game you pay to play isnt acceptable, and it wasnt acceptable for WoW too.

They should block new player creation on full server and let people play their toons without waiting 60minutes.

I would love to see any proof of ANYONE promising 'no server issues.'

I think OP is full of it, on account that it's impossible to guarantee such a thing and no self-respecting company would ever think of making such a promise.

Bullshit, in other words.

PS: OP could not have sounded any more pathetic or whiny.

It's Early-Access and the servers are getting flooded due to the release. Really, try to think for a second before stating your "thoughts" to a bunch of strangers. I bet you're one of those people who start flipping out when their hamburgers don't get microwaved on time at McDonald's, and you have to wait an extra 2 minutes.
    Last edited by lolmodbans; 2011-12-17 at 12:59 AM.

Deleted
    All the best games will have some teething issues. Wow did. I remember my realm, Zenedar, for years was seen as the bastard child of all poor realm servers. But you kinda love it really, warm feeling and all that. Just chill. Doesn't matter what was said, chaos is everywhere.

Ok I'm not usually one to jump to a companies defense (they don't need it and it means nothing) and I do hate it when companies lie to customers...

but I do not believe a statement was made like that. The grace period thing was a lie but I do not remember them saying there will be no full servers.

To be honest i'd rather have full servers now than half-empty servers in 1 month, but i'm a little concerned about the 300-400 people in queue when it's only preorder access... what happens on 20th december ?

What they promised is that they would provide as smooth a launch as they could, and so far I think they delivered on that. Queues are rather long on some servers granted, but server stability (and lags for that matter) is very good, which leads me to believe that the servers aren't at full capacity yet and we might see more players allowed over time as they collect more data on how much exactly they can handle without degrading playing experience.

Also they still open up new servers almost daily and did promise several fresh servers on official launch. All in all I'm happy with how they handle things so far. I've seen more than one MMO launch with more problems than this.