Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadowpriest.com - malicious site??

i use shadowpriest.com regularly. i think its a great site. however when i tried to access it today, i was informed that the site installs viruses etc on computers without the users knowledge.

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...p?f=73&t=30303

more information in the above link.

I got the same thing. Waiting for the smart people to figure out what's going on.

It's already figured out, just read what it says, it's pretty clear. Owners of shadowpriest.com just have to clean up there site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ximind View Post
    It's already figured out, just read what it says, it's pretty clear. Owners of shadowpriest.com just have to clean up there site.
    I think people are just wondering if that message is real (they actually have a virus on it) or just our scanner being oversensitive and detecting it wrongly.

I myself got the samething and wondering the same too, if anyone can confirm would be wonderful.

It is probably malicious ads.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes it's the ads.

Shadowpriest.com is owned by an advertising company. Their sole reason for buying the site was to make money; they don't care about the ads they have up or the community for that matter. That's why the site hasn't been updated in nearly 2 years.

They may or may not fix it. I wouldn't count on it. Just scan your computer regularly.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

I told people not to visit that site and I got bitched out for it. I told them that the ads were malicious and I got bitched out for it.

I'm beginning to hate this forum.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account
    How to Priest FTW ^_^

Addblock, get it, use it, love it.

Had the same problem the other day, been using How to Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    I told people not to visit that site and I got bitched out for it. I told them that the ads were malicious and I got bitched out for it.

I'm beginning to hate this forum.
    Feel free to send a PM with a link to those posts or a quote of them. Might be a simple reason...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Addblock, get it, use it, love it.
    This, a million times. A really handy addon for your browser.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    This, a million times. A really handy addon for your browser.
    One should mention that users should alow adds from their fav. websites in order to suport them(e.g Mmo-champion)!

i got the same thing...site is malicious and dont recomend togo there....

I find it funny that you are posting about this on MMO-Champ.

I only visit this site on my Mac as of last week, since this site gave me a virus twice last week.

Remember to use trash passwords on community sites!

Even if you're not getting malware from a community site, you never know who is trying to connect the dots elsewhere. Your password on a community forum is NOT secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrkur View Post
    I find it funny that you are posting about this on MMO-Champ.

I only visit this site on my Mac as of last week, since this site gave me a virus twice last week.
    If you honestly believe you got a virus from MMO-C and have some proof to back that up you need to PM Sunshine or Boub about it because they would want to fix whatever the issue may be. Making random posts in threads without any real info does nothing except spread rumors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Adblock, get it, use it, love it.
    Amen to that recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by Seolla View Post
    I think people are just wondering if that message is real (they actually have a virus on it) or just our scanner being oversensitive and detecting it wrongly.

I myself got the samething and wondering the same too, if anyone can confirm would be wonderful.
    Well, it's actually flagged in Google's search results, so I doubt it's a false positive. My guess is they got hacked.

Word of advice, keep your wow password different than any other website. If not, at the very least, use a different password wow related sites.