Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Money problem at lv 41

Hello, I am currently a lv 41, starting a class quest on Belsavis. My 3 crew skills are:
    BIOanalysis
    BIOchem
    Diplomacy.

Biochem is maxed for my level (i can make epic stims and implants). The other two are in line also.

My problem:
    - on my server no one buys the Implants I try to sell with the Galactic Market. I check daily and I`m the only seller, and I try to sell them cheap: 1-2k / implant.
    - selling the implants to shop gives me ~200-300 credits / implant....
    - I have around 100k cash, which is not enough to buy new armors for me and my companion... (1 item costs ~50k)

I am hoping you guys can suggest some strategies for making cash.

Thank you for your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LePdXm518WU

Already made 700k credits from this on my lvl 30 char

Go farm now before it's fixed!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomPadawan View Post
    Hello, I am currently a lv 41, starting a class quest on Belsavis. My 3 crew skills are:
    BIOanalysis
    BIOchem
    Diplomacy.

Biochem is maxed for my level (i can make epic stims and implants). The other two are in line also.

My problem:
    - on my server no one buys the Implants I try to sell with the Galactic Market. I check daily and I`m the only seller, and I try to sell them cheap: 1-2k / implant.
    - selling the implants to shop gives me ~200-300 credits / implant....
    - I have around 100k cash, which is not enough to buy new armors for me and my companion... (1 item costs ~50k)

I am hoping you guys can suggest some strategies for making cash.

Thank you for your time.
    the big problem is the ah system is terrible. its hard to filter out what you want at times and there is no generic search function. a lot of ppl have therefore likely not found your items. try make sure you shout in trade ect. also towards end game you make a mountain of creds. also i have most of my companions in base gear and they do just fine so i cant see why your having an issue and needing to gear them up yet

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    the big problem is the ah system is terrible. its hard to filter out what you want at times and there is no generic search function. a lot of ppl have therefore likely not found your items. try make sure you shout in trade ect. also towards end game you make a mountain of creds. also i have most of my companions in base gear and they do just fine so i cant see why your having an issue and needing to gear them up yet
    There is no direct search for things but the search feature has gotten me to exactly what i need every time without fail. You choose category then type, rarity and even who can equip it from a list of you and your companions. Ive never not instantly found what i wanted and at the best price. The ah is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post

I take it you've missed all the posts about people getting banned for moving onto planets beyond their level?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    the AH is fine, it`s the players that worry me
    Alanni, thx for that, but I will not do it. 8 minutes spawn for 2 chests is allot of time and if I queue for Warzone it takes even longer because I have an ancient PC. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    I take it you've missed all the posts about people getting banned for moving onto planets beyond their level?
    People are getting banned for exploiting to reset slicing nodes and getting inf money from recapping zones with the help of an alt or member of the other faction.

Deleted

Yeah, they're banning people for slicing camping, I'd advise stopping it.

Deleted
    Which are basically bollocks. There's more to it than just going to planets above their level.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Yeah, they're banning people for slicing camping, I'd advise stopping it.

That's not slicing camping...

They can't ban you for camping chests that re-spawn every 8 min. THere is no exploiting in this whatsoever

I don't understand how people don't have enough money. Even now that I'm not slicing I still see only increases in my pocket daily. I see that the OP said "I don't have enough money to buy gear for myself and my companion." I must be confused here, but why are you buying gear? That's what quest rewards are for.

Sadly OP, had you chosen slicing before the nerf - you'd be a multi-millionaire now ingame. Basically this was how slicing worked before, send companion on mission - mission cost is 220 credits - companion always returns with 300 creds or more.
    Yep that's right slicing used to be click button and free money - no selling - no training IT WAS LITERALLY CLICK BUTTON, MAKE CREDITS. So if you had been doing that day 1 - easily would have millions of creds by now.
    Very sad that BW didn't realize how fucking stupid that was.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    would it be possible to pvp for enough commendations to get your companion armor? not sure about the longevity on level 40 pvp gear but it can't be that bad right? just saying that pvp doesn't cost that much money

I still use slicing as its still a money gain. Cap it out at no cost to yourself and sell augments on the ah. I send my companions out for 1k credits and get a 1.5k return so its still making money just from the cases. The lvl 50 augments sell for 5k and all the missions you get on top of that to sell. Ive been using slicing since after the "nerf" and im over 500k credits from slicing alone at lvl 35 (400 slicing).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't understand how people don't have enough money. Even now that I'm not slicing I still see only increases in my pocket daily. I see that the OP said "I don't have enough money to buy gear for myself and my companion." I must be confused here, but why are you buying gear? That's what quest rewards are for.
    quest rewards are green maybe blue items. I must change companion and I need allot of new gear. PvP is not an option, because I have huge loading times.

Slicing is not an option, I already have 3 crew skills.

Thx for your input.

quest rewards are green maybe blue items. I must change companion and I need allot of new gear. PvP is not an option, because I have huge loading times.

Slicing is not an option, I already have 3 crew skills.

Thx for your input.
    Don't really see the problem with green gear for leveling... but this is off topic. Sorry
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-01-01 at 01:41 PM.

Well there's your problem. Don't buy leveling armor for 50k. That's totally crazy and you don't even need it. I've bought my first lvl 50 epic item for less than that.

Except they aren't and you're just feeding the trolls.

Person A goes into Ilum (which is a PvP onry planet with virtually no NPCs). This person has a high enough Slicing to harvest the various electronics that pop up. He enlists the help of Person B. Person B is a an alt of the opposite faction as well as another character of the same faction as Person A.

Person A loots the nodes.
    Person B proceeds to 'capture' the planet via toggling a switch via killing the "faction" NPC.
    Person A re-loots the nodes.
    Person B logs out and logs onto his character on the other faction, toggles the switch to re-capture zone control.
    Person B logs out and logs onto his character on the other faction, toggles the switch to re-capture zone control.

THIS is why people are getting banned. Two people do this and split the profits. Stop buying into bullshit with the whole "Oh I was just randomly in the zone and got banned for no reason!" People know this is unintended and still exploit it. It's absolutely no different than the LFR loot exploit.
    Last edited by Viertel; 2012-01-01 at 01:52 PM.

LOl I am sitting there now reading boards. My wife and I are leveling together and she is out right now. So I am sitting here and surfing the net. Funny I ran across this, works well and I have 4 guys out at a time gathering
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    Except they aren't and you're just feeding the trolls.

Person A goes into Ilum (which is a PvP onry planet with virtually no NPCs). This person has a high enough Slicing to harvest the various electronics that pop up. He enlists the help of Person B. Person B is a an alt of the opposite faction as well as another character of the same faction as Person A.

Person A loots the nodes.
    Person B proceeds to 'capture' the planet via toggling a switch via killing the "faction" NPC.

THIS is why people are getting banned. Two people do this and split the profits. Stop buying into bullshit with the whole "Oh I was just randomly in the zone and got banned for no reason!" People know this is unintended and still exploit it. It's absolutely no different than the LFR loot exploit.
    So much effort just for money. Eh.