Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Juggernaut or Marauder?

Short and to the point.

I hit level 10 as a warrior. Im going straight dps so which one do I pick for the best dps Juggernaut or Marauder?

[I know Juggernaut is more for tanking but people say its also a good dps]

I play a marauder. It's a struggle for about 15-18 levels. Once you hit 28 and certainly once you obtain Gore, you start to just decimate everything. And if you're a real man, two light sabers is pretty cool.

Deleted
    Go Juggernaut if you think that you might want to tank with your warrior some day.

Marauder is straight out DPS and pulls good numbers throughout leveling. Juggernauts are fierce in PVP as damage and survivability (and Juggers have a very awesome DPS tree). I went Jugger for tank and pvp.

Yeah, Im not really interested in tanking at all. the 2 light saber thing sounds cool but I would only be interested in that if you could duel wield 2 duel bladed light sabers anyone know anything about that? lol but yeah Im just straight up dpsing. Never tanked before and prob not going to start in this game.

Just wondering what is best for end game dps all around

Quote Originally Posted by SWTORJohnny View Post
    Short and to the point.

I hit level 10 as a warrior. Im going straight dps so which one do I pick for the best dps Juggernaut or Marauder?

[I know Juggernaut is more for tanking but people say its also a good dps]
    who are these people?

Juggernaut DPS is probably the WORST of all classes (specced for DPS) atm.

and is the WORST overall tanking class of all tanking classes (specced tanking) atm.

you would be wise to roll anything but a juggernaut.

Currently, roll a Powertech if you want tanking and to have good dps spec as well (pyrotech is really good dps)

PS: I run a level 50 juggernaut mainly tanking atm though.

Yeah, Im not really interested in tanking at all. the 2 light saber thing sounds cool but I would only be interested in that if you could duel wield 2 duel bladed light sabers anyone know anything about that? lol but yeah Im just straight up dpsing. Never tanked before and prob not going to start in this game.

Just wondering what is best for end game dps all around
    Can't DW. Double lightsabers. If you want to just dps, i'd go Marauder. If you have any inkling that you will want to tank (without re-rolling), go Juggernaut.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretentious View Post
    Can't DW. Double lightsabers. If you want to just dps, i'd go Marauder. If you have any inkling that you will want to tank (without re-rolling), go Juggernaut.
    What spec in Marauder is the best? Like I said just straight up dps

If you want to eventually tank -- Go Juggernaut, it has some struggles on AoE, but single target it's fine, and it has some nice cooldowns. Odds are it'll end up being tuned up anyway, the game's just released, so expect balance waves...if they're truly behind, You'll get your buff, just stick it out.

I play a Marauder, Annihilation spec. Carnage seems fun, but I enjoy using bleeds/dots a bit... and the self heals, while small, help mitigate some incoming damage. If you want high damage and some utility (disable droid, force choke, predation for group defense buff, etc...) then go Marauder.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the gear for Juggernauts is beyond amazingly cool, the DPS and Tanking capabilities are lacking.
    I'd suggest going pure Marauder for DPS, if that's all you want to do. Also just so you know; you will be one of the thousands who rolled Marauder solely due to the fact of two lightsabers.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

What spec in Marauder is the best? Like I said just straight up dps
    I'd go Annihilation for leveling. I've heard stories of Carnage being painful until ~40.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post
    While the gear for Juggernauts is beyond amazingly cool, the DPS and Tanking capabilities are lacking.
    I'd suggest going pure Marauder for DPS, if that's all you want to do. Also just so you know; you will be one of the thousands who rolled Marauder solely due to the fact of two lightsabers.
    Yeah I know and that kinda makes me not wanna use it lol cause all the teenies are prob over using that cause of that feature. I could care less i Just want good end game dps

Also one last question. Can I respec into another Talent tree later on? I know you cant change Adv Class but what about the talent tree incase I dont like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tpyo View Post
    I'd go Annihilation for leveling. I've heard stories of Carnage being painful until ~40.
    Carnage starts being ridiculously fun at ~ 28 or 29. After that, if you fail it's purely because you try to handle shit you shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post
    Also just so you know; you will be one of the thousands who rolled Marauder solely due to the fact of two lightsabers.
    I think I'm one of the few marauders I've seen. Far more of the blaster types.

I just yesterday, deleted a level 30 juggernaut to reroll (and keep my name!) to marauder. Do yourself a favor if you want to dps and pvp and roll marauder. I had no interest in being prot, but I thought the dps trees would be like a WoW arms warrior. I was mistaken.

Edit: Don't forget about Assassin. It's like a rogue/enhance shaman/ret paladin combine. You get an aoe knock-back tons of control and great burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    who are these people?

Juggernaut DPS is probably the WORST of all classes (specced for DPS) atm.

and is the WORST overall tanking class of all tanking classes (specced tanking) atm.

you would be wise to roll anything but a juggernaut.

Currently, roll a Powertech if you want tanking and to have good dps spec as well (pyrotech is really good dps)

PS: I run a level 50 juggernaut mainly tanking atm though.
    <~~~ Vengeance spec 40 Juggy

Have no idea what you talking about, I roll through mobs almost as good if not as good as a marauder does. My damage through boss fights shows pretty impressive numbers as well. What's your rotation? Are you even playing it right?
    Last edited by Razeo; 2012-01-01 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Awfulx View Post
    I just yesterday, deleted a level 30 juggernaut to reroll (and keep my name!) to marauder. Do yourself a favor if you want to dps and pvp and roll marauder. I had no interest in being prot, but I thought the dps trees would be like a WoW arms warrior. I was mistaken.
    I thought the same thing to myself. I was like well Marauder is prob like Furry lol but yeah. Iama pick a Annihilation Marauder I just need to know if I can respec into another tree later on or would I have to re roll

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    <~~~ Vengeance spec 40 Juggy

Have no idea what you talking about, I almost as good if not as good as a marauder does. My damage through boss fights shows pretty impressive numbers as well. What's your rotation? Are you even playing it right?
    I think your marauder's are playing it wrong. and your damage SHOWS numbers? eh? next time stop attacking and see how fast your buddies kill it without you..and then chip in the next time and see if you make much of a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    I think your marauder's are playing it wrong. and your damage SHOWS numbers? eh? next time stop attacking and see how fast your buddies kill it without you..and then chip in the next time and see if you make much of a difference.
    Or maybe i'm just playing my Jugg right? That ever occur to you? I tear through strong and elite mobs. I keep my mods all up to date with whatever planet i'm on. What lvl did you even play your DPS jugg to? Did you even go above lvl 20? I'll admit the damage was lacking up until the mid-late 20s, but once I got impale things just started to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Or maybe i'm just playing my Jugg right? That ever occur to you? I tear through strong and elite mobs. I keep my mods all up to date with whatever planet i'm on. What lvl did you even play your DPS jugg to? Did you even go above lvl 20? I'll admit the damage was lacking up until the mid-late 20s, but once I got impale things just started to shine.
    If a hybrid can outdps a pure dps class (i know there's no hybrid tax, just makes no logical sense), then they are doin' something wrong.

sigh...Ignorance is bliss.