Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Kraft Dinner (or Kraft Macaroni and Cheese for my southern friends). Make as per instructions, but substitute butter for garlic butter. Absolutely amazing.

Goulash

Ingredients:
    -1 Family Size Box of Velveeta Shells & Cheese
    -1 lb. Ground Beef
    -1 lb. Ground Sausage (hot, maple, italian, breakfast, whatever works)
    -1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce (flavor is up to you; bigger jars make it more tomato-ey, smaller ones make it more cheesey)
    -1 Can Pinto Beans (optional)

Make the Shells & Cheese according to directions as you brown the beef. About the time it's browned and the macaroni is soft and ready to be drained, drain them both (excessive grease is nasty) and combine all ingredients into one large pot. You can also sautee onions, mushrooms, etc. and add. Seasonings optional, but my preferences are below:

-Maple flavored sausage
    -Generous amounts of Italian-seasonings (oregano, garlic, basil, rosemary, cilantro)
    -Generous amounts of Frank's Red Hot (other hot sauce can be substituted)

I've also seen it done where people cut the spaghetti sauce serving in half and added, say, a can of crushed/diced tomatoes or Rotel tomatoes/salsa to give it a different spice. Basically, depending almost entirely on the specific makeup of your recipe, this can taste like anything from a pizza with the consistency of mac n cheese to a delicious Mexican stew.

Edit: As far as cost and time to make is associated, I can generally make this entire recipe for under ten dollars and it goes from boxes to bowls in under a half hour. Cost can increase or decrease based on how much/how little of the ingredients you want to add (or if you want more expensive brands, less fatty content of meat, etc.). The recipe I listed makes enough for about eight bowls (Feeds my entire apartment of four college boys, getting two bowls apiece), but could be more or less based on the size of your bowls.
    Last edited by Xiar; 2012-01-05 at 05:53 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 package lil smokies sausages
    1 can sauerkraut

add em both to a skillet with a little butter and whatever else you want, quick, easy, cheap, good.

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 01:08 AM ----------

If you wanna get a little more detailed, here's a recipe for potato soup I make pretty often, this feeds 3 people for 2 - 3 days usually.

6 russet potatoes, peeled (I prefer to leave some skin on)
    1 package cream cheese
    8 - 16 oz cheese (any cheese you like really)
    1 package bacon
    Garlic, salt, rosemary, black pepper.

Boil four potatoes in one pot and mash them as they boil, you want these to have a smooth consistency so really mash em good yo.

Boil the two other potatoes in another pot after you cube them, once they're about 80% done remove them from heat and shock them.

Add milk, cream cheese and whatever other cheese you like to the soup, you want it to get a very smooth consistency, don't forget to add your spices.

Once everything is incorporated add the cubed potatoes to the pot of soup, this adds a nice texture and volume to the final product, top with crumbled bacon, chives, sour cream, whatever you want, I find this to be a pretty versatile recipe.

Spicey thing, stuff

Shredded chicken
    tobasco
    adobo sauce
    tortilla chips
    salsa
    cheese, sharp cheddar and pepperjack

1. Put chicken in skillet, bam, start sauteing that sucker.
    2. Throw some tobasco in there, or sirarcha if you have taste.
    3. Throw some of that cheese on top till melty gooey ness of awesome.
    4.Pour some salsa on that sucker, flip around till bubbly,
    5.Add adobo for some added kick, and cayenne if you like
    6.Put on plate, bowl, whatever your precious self prefers.
    7.Cover in crushed torilla chips
    8.Eat that sucka

Hotdog.

Piece of Cheese.

Wrap hotdog in cheese.

Microwave for 15-20 seconds.

Im a bad cooker, but I like this for pasta:

2 garlics (thoes small once, not onions)

Some pine nuts (Spelled?, belive was some ingredient from pakistan or so)

Oliven oil

And salt

Mix that inn cup and pour it over your nice pasta. Atleast it makes pasta abit more interesting mmm

15+ Year Old Account
    My Breakfast

3 Eggwhites
    0,2 L Milk
    50g Oatmeal
    500g Quark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    After debating most of the morning about death, the definition of murder, the fragility of the human mind, and suitable punishment for such things, I thought it'd be nice to start up a more light-hearted topic! One that really shouldn't require any debate at all!

What are some of your favorite quick, easy things to cook. Bonus points for thinking outside the box. Share the recipes for everyone. Links/pictures are even better!

This totally has nothing to do with me planning the menu for the week.
    1 lb hotlinks. 2 lbs baked beans (any variety.) Add horsey sauce and/or brown mustard to taste. Bring it to a simmer, then cover it and let it cook for however long you feel it should cook (at least a little while if the hotlinks aren't the precooked variety.) Basically a better version of beenie weenie.

1+ lbs pork loin. 1 red bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper; add poblano or jalapenos if you like em. 1 yellow onion (or red, or white; your preference.) 1 can corn. 1 can black beans. 1 jar green salsa (salsa verde.) 1 small Mexican cheese wheel (you can find them in the cheese aisle, they usually come in 8oz and 12oz sizes, get the 12oz.)

Use a sharp knife to cut the pork into thin, vertical strips. Chop the onions and peppers into large diced bits, add the pork, and sautee dem bitches until the pork is fully cooked. You might want to drain off the water and junk that results from the sauteed veggies. Or not, up to you. Mix the beans, corn, and salsa together. Take burrito-sized flour tortillas and put them into a 9x13 baking pan. Probably wanna grease the pan with some olive oil or whatever unless you like scraping crud off of dishes. Add equal bits of salsa goop, pork+peppers+onions, and cheese. Oh, you wanna grate the cheese while the oven's heating up - use a fine grater because the cheese used for that delicious white queso in Mexican joints (the same shit I had you buy) is very, very soft. Fill up as many burritos as you can cram into the baking pan, and then slop any leftover cheese and salsa goop on top (all of the pork+peppers+onions needs to be used up as burrito filling.) Toss dat bitch into an oven until the cheese and tops of the burritos are a nice golden brown color. Doesn't matter what temperature as long as it gets that nice, crispy golden brown.

2 lbs ground beef (I like 93/7, or nothing worse than 85/15.) 2 cans kidney beans, light or dark. 1 red onion. 2 poblano (or jalapeno) peppers. 1 beefsteak (that's the big, fat, red kind) tomato. 1 can corn. 1 can (~8oz) tomato sauce. 1-2 packets chili seasoning (I like McWilliams Tex-Mex.) Ketchup, mustard, maybe horsey sauce.

Brown the meat along with the onion (diced up) and peppers (also diced up) in a skillet. Add chili seasoning packet(s) once there's a little grease in the pan. Dump the meat and veggies into a big stock pot (or crock pot) and then add in the tomato (diced up), tomato sauce, corn, and beans. Assuming you browned the meat properly, give the sauce a little taste, and add ketchup/mustard/whatever until you get a taste you like.

If you're using a stock pot, bring it to a boil, then cover it and turn it down to about medium heat and just forget about it for like three hours. If you're using a crock pot, put it on high until it reaches a boil, turn it to low when you leave for work or whatever (remember, you use crock pots when you plan on cooking something all day.) Either way, take it right off the heat and toss it in the fridge and leave it overnight.

Add crackers when you decide to eat it, you can't have chili without crackers you heathen. Add shredded cheese, sour cream, etc as desired, but crackers are the only required topping. If you eat your chili without crackers I will end you.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    I found this on the internet and i find it to be quite ok for only taking a few min to prepare:

However i usaly add a teaspoon of vanilla sugar in it aswell (or two) for more taste
    How have I not heard of these?
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Chicken!

1. Cut some chicken into small sizes and heat it up

2. Heat up a pre-made sauce of whichever you like

3. Cook some pasta!

Done!

I prefer it spicey, so some peber on the chicken and a spicy sauseage is the way to go!
    Last edited by mmoc1b1b7e46e1; 2012-01-05 at 07:58 PM.

Healthy AND tasty!

- Some chicken
    - Salad leaves
    - Cherry tomatoes
    - Cucumber
    - Feta cheese
    - Cooked and cooled pasta

Throw it all on a plate and enjoy with a hearty dollop of tzatziki dip!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Crock Pot Ribs!!

Beef short ribs, or any kind you enjoy. Put in the bottom of crock pot, cover with your favorite BBQ sauce, cook all day while at work, eat. The meat falls off the bone, amazing!

Chicken Noodle Soup
    Plain ramen noodles, pulled chicken breasts (or a rotisserie chicken that you've torn apart), low-sodium chicken stock diluted with some water and some green onions. Heat everything together in a pot until boiling, top with some cilantro, salt and pepper, and enjoy. It's so much better than chicken noodle soup out of a can. ~ 5 minutes.

Cranberry, Feta, Chicken and Apple Salad
    Mixed greens (I prefer the dark greens to lettuce), a bag of dried cranberries, low-sodium balsamic dressing, 1/4 of a block of feta, a granny smith apple cut into small wedges, some chicken breasts (two per person). Mix everything in a bowl in the morning, chill while you go about your daily chores and then top with a freshly grilled chicken breast cut into slices when you're about to have dinner. Nom. Also goes great with a side dish of salt and pepper roast potatoes. ~5 - 10 minutes, depending on how hot the grill is.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.