Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Has Bioware discussed the plan for end game content?

Great game so far. Just wondering if anyone has heard whats the plan for future content/raids. Will it be based off the existing lore or all brand new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimleaf View Post
    Great game so far. Just wondering if anyone has heard whats the plan for future content/raids. Will it be based off the existing lore or all brand new.
    We're getting a new Flashpoint and an extended Operation in patch 1.1; which is coming out fairly soonish. We don't really know what they're going to be doing lore wise.

This is interesting to think of. What places could be raids? What hints did people pick up on while levelling? As an example, I remember a hint back during Belsavis, but that's the Eternity Vault. We already have that. Are there any other hints that anyone picked up on?

There's a lot of possibilities to be honest. They can just find a new planet or an abandoned space station and put whatever the hell (George Lucas) wants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    This is interesting to think of. What places could be raids? What hints did people pick up on while levelling? As an example, I remember a hint back during Belsavis, but that's the Eternity Vault. We already have that. Are there any other hints that anyone picked up on?
    Possibly the Kilicks on Alderaan?

During my class storyline; it was mentioned that they had billions of Kilicks that left the colony and flew off into deep space.

This is the one element that they have literally infinite room to go into. The vastness of space and uncharted things on top of the already monumental amount of known planets and locations.

That's just the Outer Rim of the galaxy. Easily 100+ locals to create lore/prequel story interludes from for content.

They could also at any time just say "Oh some person did this thing on this existing planet and found this ancient thing/place/race/artifact" and boom there is a flashpoint/operation.

I heard the first expansion of this game is going to be the "Mists of the Forest Moon of Endor". A new playable race too - not sure what it is yet, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I heard the first expansion of this game is going to be the "Mists of the Forest Moon of Endor". A new playable race too - not sure what it is yet, though.
    Ewok, duh.

And for the love of all things living and wonderful:

DO NOT KILL A BOSS AND THEN RESURRECT THEM AGAIN IN A NEW FLASHPOINT OR OPERATION!!!!!

I cannot say how much this killed raiding for me in WoW. The recycled bosses made the story gained through raiding pathetic and tired.

I laughed

Btw I didn't know all of the Star Wars lore took place in the Outer Rim, like that map shows. Thought Coruscant was in the center of the galaxy?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    I laughed

Btw I didn't know all of the Star Wars lore took place in the Outer Rim, like that map shows. Thought Coruscant was in the center of the galaxy?
    That picture is just to show how many locations actually exist that have yet to be touched in this game. There is just as much located within the other sections as well.

Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2012-01-11 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorfan View Post

DO NOT KILL A BOSS AND THEN RESURRECT THEM AGAIN IN A NEW FLASHPOINT OR OPERATION!!!!!

I cannot say how much this killed raiding for me in WoW. The recycled bosses made the story gained through raiding pathetic and tired.
    They only "resurrected" a few bosses for legitimate tiers, it didn't happen as often as people complaining would suggest.

---------- Post added 2012-01-11 at 04:19 PM ----------

I laughed

That isn't ALL of Star Wars, that's only the Outer Rim.

So the game has already been beaten?!? I was going to play but forget it now.

Deleted
    Who knows? There are a tonne of possibilities.

Except in this case - It is met with 100% acceptance from the swtor community!

oh, and i heard they are adding some silly feature that let's our companions duke it out for our affections.
    :-P

Aah ok cool. Thanks Justintime.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Aah ok cool. Thanks Justintime.
    No prob. If you ever get bored at work/school/whatever you should poke around wookipedia. It's very easy to get lost in there for a few hours and you can learn a lot about the galaxy and the possible future of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    Yes, it's been beaten. Don't bother playing. Now that is has been beaten, the game is over and we all have to stop playing anyways.

Your going to be disappointed then. There is a certain droid that is a boss for 2 instances

HK-47 says hi

Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    Wait what? Because the first tier of content is beaten by people you don't even know, at about the same pace similar people beat WoW's latest tier of content mind you, you suddenly have no desire to play?

Anyway, OT, there are 4 new raid bosses coming in the first major content patch, which should be sometime this month. If they keep that pace, we'll get a few raid bosses every month to a month and a half.