Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post

If $ 1M solves all your problems it means that you don't have problems. You simply lack of money.
    One of the most wise things i've seen recently
    ~May the goat be with you~

Deleted
    Hmm

1) Buy a house, a car, get drivers license
    2) Buy pretty much everything I like, plasma TVs, bubble baths etc. but within reason. Still wouldn't spend a cent for the makers logo or some such.
    3) Make sure my parents can live comfortable (although they're pretty rich and probably wouldn't need it)
    4) Wouldn't give a lousy copper cent to charity
    5) Would probably invest the rest, wouldn't work at all for some company but would most likely work on my own private projects and study things that interest me

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    2) Buy pretty much everything I like, plasma TVs, bubble baths etc. but within reason. Still wouldn't spend a cent for the makers logo or some such.
    4) Wouldn't give a lousy copper cent to charity
    A $3,000 shirt/pant etc. isn't going to keep me warmer than a $20 one will, just saying.

Curious about #4 though if you don't mind me asking, I'm just curious that's all =X.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    A $3,000 shirt/pant etc. isn't going to keep me warmer than a $20 one will, just saying.

Curious about #4 though if you don't mind me asking, I'm just curious that's all =X.
    If you pay 3,000 for pants and a shirt they better wipe your ass and take the kids to school for you aswell. Just sayin.

Read your post 3 time just incase i missread it,Posted and realised i had missread it,fml! Just ignore me
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-01-12 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted

Well, I wasn't saying that:P But I would buy some things like a stylish platinum wrist band or a diamond necklace.

I'm one of those "eye for an eye" types I guess I'm very loyal and helpful with people, from who I can expect the same in return but with charity, it goes to random people who mean nothing to me. I never cared about them I guess and whenever I see them starving or those sad commercials I just think "sucks to be them" and move on.

Buy myself and my father new motorbikes, invest in some houses, build a freaking epic car and build a crazy pc set up. Then donate a few million to charities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    If you pay 3,000 for pants and a shirt they better wipe your ass and take the kids to school for you aswell. Just sayin.

Read your post 3 time just incase i missread it,Posted and realised i had missread it,fml! Just ignore me
    I wouldn't trust my pants to do anything other than keep me warm.... Can't trust your clothes man!

Also it is all good =).
    Well, I wasn't saying that:P But I would buy some things like a stylish platinum wrist band or a diamond necklace.

I'm one of those "eye for an eye" types I guess I'm very loyal and helpful with people, from who I can expect the same in return but with charity, it goes to random people who mean nothing to me. I never cared about them I guess and whenever I see them starving or those sad commercials I just think "sucks to be them" and move on.
    I would get a Solid Gold necklace like this, otherwise I don't wear much stuff like that.

Also fair enough, understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by karydas View Post
    One of the most wise things i've seen recently
    Thank you kind sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally, someone who gets me.

I'd totally fund my own dream team game company and make the games I want to play.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2012-01-12 at 11:39 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    The plan would be to buy a nice appartment somewhere near the subway but not downtown, I want some nature around so that's not very expensive. And then just live I guess. Honestly I have no idea what I would do all day, week, year, life if I didn't have to work.

Also I definitaly wouldn't invest, if it was $250.000.000 I could live until say 80 years old with about 1/100 of that (2.5mil). There is no point in investing this much money.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2012-01-12 at 11:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...... Interesting, also what is "dipping" ?

--I would move myself and my family away from this house (long story, not explaining).
    --Continue going to school for Culinary Arts.
    --Probably buy all kinds of useless, silly, nerdy things (shirts, hats, etc.), I love silly things.
    --PS3, Twisted Metal Black, that's it.
    I can't drive so no car for me.
    --An assortment of Weapons, Swords specifically, a few guns, all for display purposes, I love weapons they interest me a lot but not particularly using them.
    The rest I would most likely use selfishly, buying stuff for my friends, helping them out stuff like that... Donate to animal shelters and stuff, take in animals and take care of them all that business, overall less would in fact go to me and more of it would go to other people... I'll take my minor needs and then use the rest for everyone else, Buy myself a sword and a silly hat, help a ton of animals, get a video game system, help a chairty, stuff like that... Of course manage it, I'd like to keep not being able to work if I don't want to but still help people and stuff.

Oh and whenever I find a girlfriend, I'd take her to cheap places like Mcdonalds (personally won't eat there, it's an example) and stuff like that... Nothing fancy, if she's still interested in me after awhile then she isn't after money, if she thinks I am being too cheap and leaves, then reveal that I in fact have money and then let her leave, regardless of what begging may or may not happen afterwards... Money isn't everything.
    Dipping aka smokeless tobacco aka snuff - reason being I'd be rich enough to afford false teeth when all mine fell out and the top notch cancer treatments when it inevitably happened but between my excessive drinking and asian sex tour I'd probably die of cirrhosis or aids anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Why settle for less power when you can have more ?
    With $250 million I would probably invest $200 million in a business and set the other $50 million aside in case the business fails.
    Are you that power hungry that you would spend your life trying to attain more power when you could enjoy the life of ridiculous luxury that you would already have?

If I had 250 million I would pay off my family members debt and give them all a million each.

-buy $200-300k house
    -buy a 67 mustang
    -donate 25 million to some asthma research foundation or whatever you would call it
    -eventually move to California

That's about it.
    I have other plans but I need to drop some weight and some other shit to happen(hopefully my RNG irl is better than mine is in-game)
    Last edited by anveena; 2012-01-12 at 04:20 PM.

Deleted
    I would build a bunker underground with food supply and such a things what enough for 100 year+
    And when the next war or such a thing comes me and my family and my friends gonna survive...
    Im pretty sure in the next few years there will be a wolrd war or some disease or nature disaster what gonna wipe out humanity

Buy my parents in law a house
    invest/put most of it in the bank
    travel the world with minimal possessions

10+ Year Old Account
    if i had a million dollars, we wouldn't have to eat kraft dinner (but we would)

I don't understand all the people saying they'd use it for schooling. There's only one logical scenario I see regarding that, I"ll explain. The main reason people put themselves through schooling is to earn a degree so that they can make money. Let's not sugarcoat. If you really just love a topic so much, and you have a desire to learn about it, you don't need schooling for that. That's why God invented books and the internet. Now, if you love a topic so much, that you not only have a desire to learn about it, but you have a desire to work in that field, even though you're a millionaire, that's a horse of a different color. But then my question is why, if you are a millionaire, would you spend your time working? Don't give me the "I want to help people!" speech because you're a millionaire now. You have the funds to accomplish pretty much any task at hand.

Myself? I'd buy the basics, but it wouldn't be extravagant. I'd much rather be a closet millionaire. I'd keep a "safe" stash tucked away and invest the rest, put that money to work making money for me, and live off the dividends. Then, rather than put my children through formal schooling, I'd instill this knowledge in them as well as pass along an inheritance, so that none of my immediate offspring or future bloodline have to work fruitlessly again. I'm not saying all work is bad. Basic morals about mandatory tasks still need to be instilled, and if someone wants to work in a certain field because they legitimately love it or want to make an impact on society, I applaud that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraden View Post
    I don't understand all the people saying they'd use it for schooling. There's only one logical scenario I see regarding that, I"ll explain. The main reason people put themselves through schooling is to earn a degree so that they can make money. Let's not sugarcoat. If you really just love a topic so much, and you have a desire to learn about it, you don't need schooling for that. That's why God invented books and the internet. Now, if you love a topic so much, that you not only have a desire to learn about it, but you have a desire to work in that field, even though you're a millionaire, that's a horse of a different color. But then my question is why, if you are a millionaire, would you spend your time working? Don't give me the "I want to help people!" speech because you're a millionaire now. You have the funds to accomplish pretty much any task at hand.

Myself? I'd buy the basics, but it wouldn't be extravagant. I'd much rather be a closet millionaire. I'd keep a "safe" stash tucked away and invest the rest, put that money to work making money for me, and live off the dividends. Then, rather than put my children through formal schooling, I'd instill this knowledge in them as well as pass along an inheritance, so that none of my immediate offspring or future bloodline have to work fruitlessly again. I'm not saying all work is bad. Basic morals about mandatory tasks still need to be instilled, and if someone wants to work in a certain field because they legitimately love it or want to make an impact on society, I applaud that too.
    you learn alot more than just whats in book from going to school and university...

1 million is not that high of a number anymore. If I had 1 million dollars my life wouldn't really change, I would just be able to afford a house closer to the downtown core in a great neighborhood

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    1 million is not that high of a number anymore. If I had 1 million dollars my life wouldn't really change, I would just be able to afford a house closer to the downtown core in a great neighborhood
    Yeah perhaps you should read the initial post, we're discussing 250 million the 'If I had a million dollars' is just a nod to the old test to see what you would do if you didn't have to worry about money and because I like the Barenaked Ladies song.