View Poll Results: So is it right?

Voters
1012. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it should go to top performers who don't have the item

336 33.20%
  • No, your dumb and should not need of you have it.

608 60.08%
  • Maybe, not sure.

68 6.72%
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I was on madness yesterday. A priest healer was afk the whole fight. He was not D/Ced as he was following us to each platform. Every healer apart from him and a resto druid had the healing mace. So when I saw him roll on it, I rolled on it also. I won the roll, and traded it to the resto druid who had been present for the fight. Based on 99% of this thread, I was an asshole because he was about to take loot from someone who was not leeching? And just to be clear, if he was the only one that needed it, i would have still taken it and vendorded it. I see no reason for a person like that to get any loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguardboomkin View Post
    i dont like ppl that do this at all, LFR is to get gear, not hav some guy play god with the loot rolls, imo all weps and trinkets from LFR should be unique (ie autopass if you hav it) and the game should take away your role bonus if you hav the said tier pc
    Hopefully we see some of these type of changes when they roll it out again in MoP. What I do know is my buddy is playing the game again on his hunter. I have a hunter who is geared enough to get into LFR and do 20k DPS. I will in a heartbeat do every LFR run with him while I play my hunter and we will both "need" everything, if he wins it great, if I win it I will hand it over to him. Sucks when people have buddies that can do this for them but that is life, it is never fair.

What is annoying are the people who need on stuff they don't need only in an attempt to trade it to someone for something else. I have heard of a few cases where this hasn't worked out and someone walks away from a raid with something they don't need because they couldn't find anyone to do a trade with.

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    For starters "Top Performers"? What exactly do you want from this thread, validation for being an ass to people who may not have had either the practice in DS or even got enough gear to compete?

If someone, for example, just hit 372, decided to hit up LFR (even if they went and looked up tactics beforehand) and they're 11th/12th on the dps, why should it be up to YOU do determine if the player deserves a piece of loot?
    And why should people who go afk for entire boss fights be eligible? It's a double edged sword and I would prefer that people were keeping loot away from those players even if it means someone who was trying may not get the piece. At least this way the gear is going to someone who deserves it, even if it's not you.

At this point I'd say that's exactly what you should do. Obviously the RNG factor is not going to give gear to the most deserving person. And if someone is pushing under 20k dps they really didn't do much of anything to deserve an upgrade.

i do the same. sick of seeing those people pulling 12k dps on EVERY single fight including madness win loot from players (me) pulling 10% of all dmg done on bosses.
    i need on every piece i can, and give to those who diserve. if i see that 3 people diserve of those who needed, i will give to the highest roller, not the highest dps/hps.
    remember that 20k dps is not bad, cus they're pulling their own weight. they cant pull 30k like mister 390 who still needs one trink.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    Quite simply no. Who are you to decide who has done the best in raid overall anyway? By going over a damage meter? And choosing who you think pulled their weight the most.

Shame on you. And this is the exact reason I stay away from LFR. People will always be dicks, but it doesn't mean you have to follow suit. Be the bigger person. It's not any players responsibilty to dictate loot distribution in an LFR truth be told.
    Who are to say I'm not? What if I was to say that I've been a raid leader of a top ranked guild since Vanilla (I'm not, this is an example) and I'm very adept at keeping an open eye and paying attention to who is and isn't failing at mechanics, doing things above and beyond just "doing your job as a DPS" to guarantee the success of a raid.

Are you saying that my judgement wouldn't be better than an RNG roll which has equivalent chance to give an item to someone who was beat by the tank in DPS on a fairly patchwerk fight versus someone who is clearly pulling appropriate DPS for their gear level, following mechanics flawlessly, and going above and beyond to ensure the success of the raid? I sure hope not.

Deleted
    It's not right. Who are you to decide which item deserves whom? You are abusing the system in my eyes. I hate such self-righteous people...

I do this exact thing. On my main I currently just need the chest for my offspec so I need on everything so that I can trade but if I don't need it I give to the top performer. Idiot who come in and don't even know their class or attempt to gem/enchant shouldn't be getting gear. They are wasting their own time as much as mine. There is a reason Blizzard put in a Training Dummy in all the major cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    Then they will get it. 373 ilvl is more than enough to put out deserving numbers Irrelevant, it is their duty to know how to play, anything otherwise is deliberately weighing down your group and therefore a dick move Irrelevant. The reason you are getting carried cannot be magically transformed into an excuse through careful use of an entitlement complex Largely irrelevant, these things have no real importance in LFR, but they usually only get noticed when the person has screwed up/been useless and have then been inspected.
    i think all those things including specing right can matter when dps comes into question. i think you're confused. oh also when a tank screws up and points out that there is a mage doing 15k dps, which is more of an issue? j/w
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2012-01-17 at 06:47 PM.

I did this yesterday, I won an item that I forgot I didn't need (by the time I run LFR on alt #5, I forget what I'm looking for). I gave mine to the next highest roller though. I have in the past traded tokens won and will most likely continue to do so. I've also had guildies go on runs with me and roll on gear I need. I don't ever feel bad about it - I pull my weight. I'm almost always a top 3 dps/heals - I have macros to teach people the fights. Is it how it was intended to work? Doubtful.

yes its good becouse most of the time i see some lames win best items like feral drood with 8k dps won cunning of the cruel ect

I think you should just let people that need it roll on it and stay out of playing god in lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Furio13 View Post
    I was on madness yesterday. A priest healer was afk the whole fight. He was not D/Ced as he was following us to each platform. Every healer apart from him and a resto druid had the healing mace. So when I saw him roll on it, I rolled on it also. I won the roll, and traded it to the resto druid who had been present for the fight. Based on 99% of this thread, I was an asshole because he was about to take loot from someone who was not leeching? And just to be clear, if he was the only one that needed it, i would have still taken it and vendorded it. I see no reason for a person like that to get any loot.
    So he was AFK but following you to platforms?

with just this information I will call you an asshole. Was he not doing anything. Maybe dpsing because the other heals were so damn good. I've done the same on my shaman I go in as healer and the other heals are just WAAAYYYYY op for the fight so I'll switch to dps spec and gear and just blast through it.

Also in your other scenario if he was the only one that needed on it and truly did nothing does it really matter to you at all? No one else has a problem but you have to make sure that no one gets one over on you huh? You are that neighbor that calls the cops and complains because it's 10:01 and you can hear music when you turn your TV off step outside and concentrate.

Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    Hm... I'm beginning to see your point. If you TRULY are able to tell exactly how much each person is contributing, then I believe it's acceptable, good on you. Otherwise, don't pretend you can just so you can control the fate of other people's time spent doing something, you know?
    I wouldn't say I am TRULY able to tell exactly how much each person contributed, but I can tell if someone does nothing but sit AFK for a fight.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Donax View Post
    So he was AFK but following you to platforms?

with just this information I will call you an asshole. Was he not doing anything. Maybe dpsing because the other heals were so damn good. I've done the same on my shaman I go in as healer and the other heals are just WAAAYYYYY op for the fight so I'll switch to dps spec and gear and just blast through it.

Also in your other scenario if he was the only one that needed on it and truly did nothing does it really matter to you at all? No one else has a problem but you have to make sure that no one gets one over on you huh? You are that neighbor that calls the cops and complains because it's 10:01 and you can hear music when you turn your TV off step outside and concentrate.
    So intentionally making sure that leechers don't leech makes you an asshole instead of the person leeching? I figured you for an idiot from most of your posts, but thanks for confirming my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercoven View Post
    i think all those tihngs including specing right can matter when dps comes into question.
    They do, but they aren't important when deciding where loot goes. If people pull their weight or don't is what matters, the reason they do or don't only matters to them. Nobody else cares why, the only thing they care about is that they are being leeched off of.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercoven View Post
    oh also when a tank screws up and points out that there is a mage doing 15k dps, which is more of an issue? j/w
    That would depend on the situation. If I won the roll, didn't want the item and the tank was next on rolls I may or may not give it to him depending on what he screwed up. Everyone makes errors, but if he messed up fading light a few times I probably wouldn't. Same with the mage, if he was next on the roll and it was deathwing no, that's not good enough. If it's blackhorn I would probably give it to him. Maybe that's not what you wanted as an answer there I'm not really sure why you asked.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Who are to say I'm not? What if I was to say that I've been a raid leader of a top ranked guild since Vanilla (I'm not, this is an example) and I'm very adept at keeping an open eye and paying attention to who is and isn't failing at mechanics, doing things above and beyond just "doing your job as a DPS" to guarantee the success of a raid.

Are you saying that my judgement wouldn't be better than an RNG roll which has equivalent chance to give an item to someone who was beat by the tank in DPS on a fairly patchwerk fight versus someone who is clearly pulling appropriate DPS for their gear level, following mechanics flawlessly, and going above and beyond to ensure the success of the raid? I sure hope not.
    To enforce your point aggixx:

I'm not the best raid leader but was 4/7H FL pre nerf and 1/8H DS (lost key tank and dps/bad comp) but there are many ways to tell if someone was doing what they should by looking at meters.

1. Active time/damage split per targets
    -----Blob, spine tentacle damage, Madness add damage, etc

2. Damage taken (in graph form and I personally overlay the healing taken)
    -----Standing black shit on Morchok to get a few more seconds of dps but require spam healing vs rogue that pops fient>cloak>fient and keeps himself alive without heals. To ultra how much damage from HoT did you take.
    Also on the other end for normal on loot shit how much damage do you take from the purple bombs. On Lfr i tell people to ignore the little ones but get in the big one so i just look at if they where in each.

3. Healing taken (graph again)
    -----was it all spiky or was it normal aoe compared to everyone else. Ie outside of bubble or SLT or get hit by ice wave but avoid the crystal spikes (which you should just take off to the side or have a range get) One is burst damage and you will most likely give the healer a heart attack vs the other where it is normal damage that is easily healed.

4. Dps (lastly)
    ---- was he able to keep up his dps while keeping to 1-3

Also for my guild raids I have a video recorder running and ill watch it to see if something looks odd on my charts. IE our rouge SS and dies to some aoe that just hit there.

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    I'll argue with that. LFR is tuned closer to a 346 ilvl than a 372 ilvl. I guarantee a full group of competent players in 346 gear could get through LFR cleanly. Underperforming in LFR has nothing to do with gear.
    what exaclty are you arguing? where did i state that having gear makes you competent enough to handle simple mechanics? lets say guy a has 346 gear and guy b has 372 gear, both of them know and understand the mechanics, they do not fail at mechanics, yet guy b puts out so much more dps then guy a, therefor he contributes more to the fight then guy b. i never stated that gear defines how well you can handle mechanics, i was defending the fact that it doesn't. my argument that you quoted had to do with me defending people who do lower dps and how they should have a right to upgrades!

Quote Originally Posted by Henline View Post
    So intentionally making sure that leechers don't leech makes you an asshole instead of the person leeching? I figured you for an idiot from most of your posts, but thanks for confirming my thoughts.
    No i just could give a rats ass about other people in the game. I don't see why I would go out of my way to prevent someone from getting something because they suck or or not. Not worth my time. All I care about is people in my guild when I do guild runs.
    I do LFR because it's fun and gives me valor I pass on gear I've won and only roll if its an upgrade. I could give a shit if some clown did 4k dps and won a shiny object. I won't see them again and it's not worth any effort to get all nerd rage on them. If they were truly detrimental to the raid then I would ask to have them kicked (pulling early dying on purpose whatever) but if they aren't there and we still down the boss who really gives a fuck?

Seriously?

How pathetic are you that you need to police every goddamn thing?

Deleted
    LFR is basically a nursing pool for "raiding" people can "pull their weight" by smashing their dick against the keyboard, you're self righteous superiority complex has no place in there. You've said it yourself you don't need the gear that's fine. So why on earth are you running it? LFR can be done with half the raid dying and browsing facebook it happens it's unfortunate but what you're doing is no better you're wrong plain and simple. Trying to be a shining white knight in armour, guess what you are being unfair. What about the guy doing ok dps and is actually trying? You're denying him loot he's fully entitled to. How's he supposed to increase his dps if you're trying to rob him of loot. You're not robin hood, you're not doing anything good and to be honest you may have a slight problem putting it lightly.The fact you have no need to run LFR but go in anyway for the sole purpose that it annoys you so much that "bads" are getting the loot and go out of your way to stop them is just utterly, utterly stupid. Seriously you should focus your attention and more importantly.. your time on something else because it's pathetic.