Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Not subbing.
    I'm not saying it isn't a good game. It's awesome. The leveling experience at least.
    I just feel like I've hit the same "raid or die" feel when I got to 50. Dinged and did BT HM for the first time then after that asked myself... what now?
    Do the two raids every week, get purples, do moar raids, get moar purples... meh.
    I'll come back when they add more story in the first expack.

Ps. Feel free to correct me if I missed some fucking awesome feature at level 50 other than doing dailies and grinding FPs/Ops.
    Pretty much what I'm doing with my Sith Assassin and Jedi Sentinel. I'll resub when new personal story bits get added that amount to 30-40 hours worth of gameplay and that's it. If they add in cross-server LFD/LFR later on, I'll resub for for each major patch.

WoW, Phantasy Star Online 2, and GW2 will be my main games later this year.

As it stands, I'm resubbing for one more month, maybe too if I get another leveling itch for a Bounty Hunter.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

My PC cannot run it right, i get 1-2 FPS : /

I am still subbed, thats how much fun im having

Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    PVP auto-disconnect bug - had this for 3 hours last night not fun when trying to complete dailies.
    Do you try moving to a different area? Like if you are in the IF, move to the centre, or vice versa, or even just go to your ship.

That always fixes it for me if I ever get it.

Im keeping my sub. I love the game and feel that I still have tons to do with my main character even though Im lv 50. There are also way too many other storyies i can't wait to sink my teeth into.
    Think the people that leaves due to bugs are rather new to this genre as soem bugs are always to expect and compared to most other mmo's it's actually going really smooth. Im a patient man and I will gladly play and ignore the small bugs or balance issues i encounter until they fix it which i'm sure they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Balleuuh View Post
    My 30 days are about to end also and I'm not sure I'm going to sub for the second month.
    I had quite a lot of fun but I don't have the urge to play which in my opinion is something necessary for a paying mmo.
    Maybe later I'll resub when the game gets polished some more but right now the pvp is 'meh' at most and pve content gets tedious after weeks of failing in nightmare mode because of bugs in the game...
    I'm not a SWTOR fanboi or anything but do you think that maybe "Failing for weeks" in a game that has been out for less than 5 weeks (including the early access) is kind of to be expected? It would take a guild at least a few weeks to get all the tier 2 gear needed to even have a chance at nightmare modes. Going in there with fresh 50's in quest reward gear is bound to fail...lol.

But i can understand the WOW mentality that if all the content is not clearable in a week than the game is broken and sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Do you try moving to a different area? Like if you are in the IF, move to the centre, or vice versa, or even just go to your ship.

That always fixes it for me if I ever get it.
    I relogged, turned off my pc, changed zones, moved to an alt who also got the bug so yeah was quite frustrating :X

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    mostly yes, sorry to say.
    I don't think this is actually true. I have a negative attitude toward the game now after I hit the maximum level. Legacy level 8, level 50 Jedi Shadow and Valor Rank 34. I just found the game to be lacking something new other than the Class Quests. Which to me are the best part of the game.

When I finished my class quest at level 49 I reached 50 a couple hours afterwards and fell straight back into the routine of a game I won't mention. Do my dailies every day, farm my hard mode flashpoint every day and do an operation a couple times a week. You can clear the operations in less time it takes to do a hard mode flashpoint if you do them on the easiest difficulty. I just found the game very repetitive and lacking after the class quests were finished so I don't have the urge or the determination to sub for doing the same stuff every day.

I could roll an alt, do all the class quests for a different class but I find all the extra quests so damn tedious after doing them once already. The game is okay, but I don't believe it to be as good as people are making it out to be at the moment; and it isn't all that different from WoW other than it has voice acting and a unique class quest.

Deleted
    I don't know yet what i feel about the game for me it feels like wow lite.
    Don't get me wrong i don't have the game but i also do not realy like it, I play it 3 or 4 times a week and that is about it.
    I bought a 60 time card so i have enough time to see in what direction the game goes, after that time... meh who knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I have no doubt I will keep subbing.

Graphics are well done. I'd like to see the high rez stuff put in but I can live what what I see.

Story is amazing and I've only played one toon. That means there are 7 more stories to see and so far it's great. Any game that can make me even think about levels alts already has my $15 a month especially when it's as engaging as SWTOR.

The game runs smooth and the animations are very well done.

I've had no problems getting groups by simply just asking. Heroic 2+ and Heroic 4 have been fun cause they involve others and have a good bit more story to them than just normal side quests.

I even like the simplistic space combat cause it's fun. Not a massive undertaking but a great side game thats fun.

Sure there are some bug like in all games. Bioware will get to them and fix them just as every MMO has ever done. Nothing so far has been game breaking and I made it from 1-50 and had a blast.
    Pretty much my angle on it too, although I didn't do any Heroic 2/4. I quit WoW months ago, still subbed to Rift but not logged in since Tor was released. Kinda bored with Tor at the moment due to waiting for slacking guildies to hit 50. Almost there.

-Not hooked by the game, quest are boring (for me)
    -Server too empty
    -No time/money for two to subscription mmos
    -> unsubbed

But I can understand people who stay subbed, the game is actually better than I expected

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Subbing. BW and the game both have some growing pains to go through but the game already has the potential for greatness.

I had to get used to the fact that this wasn't WoW and if the game had been "WoW with lightsabers" I would have settled into a little easier. What I also needed to realize is that I really wanted to play the class(es) which were more closely related to the play styles I enjoyed in WoW. I love the game play of my Powertech Pyrotech...I loved my 2H Frost DK...coincidence? The bad part, on my behalf, is thinking I would enjoy play styles in this game that I did not enjoy in other MMO's simply because I liked the look or 'idea' of the class.

I about 50/50 on the MMO-ness of the game, but not by fault of BW in the least...
    There are servers out there where every SW nerd out there just wants play this game like its KOTOR and chat is completely dead if you aren't on at the absolute peak hours...I was on one and getting a group for content was a major pain in the ass. There are servers that are chatty and fun and people are always grouping up for everything and where your friends list will just keep getting bigger. I've been on both of these servers and I can tell you from personal experience that being on the dead quiet ones does feel like an MMO and would not make me want to re-sub at all.

Most of the other issues I find lacking in the game are going to be addressed in future patches (completely revamping the GTN should be near the top of that list), so I see no reason not to play.

Deleted
    I gave the game a fair try, but I was honestly bored after a few days. The graphics are an improvement but overall imo the game doesn't offer much new stuff, it's just the same old mmo model in a different setting. I've cancelled my subscription for the time being.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I don't think this is actually true.
    Anyone who is on here regularly will beg to differ. Trolls, flamebaits, and even those who are willing to change a wiki page to try and spread misinformation are all things that happen with disturbing regularity here. Tribalism in gaming can run pretty damn deep with some people.

I can handle negative comments about the game from those who have played it...it certainly isn't for everyone...but I can understand the regular posters on here being overly defense since there are so many who post who haven't played with the "y u put podracer in game" type comments.

Deleted
    I will definitely be subscribing and the feeling right now is that the game will last me for a long while. Here's why:

1. Similar yet different combat playstyle. Anyone playing WoW should feel at home in TOR. There are some things people complain about (such as ability delay), but in all honest, after "extensive" pvping, pveing and soloing, I haven't seen any major issues with it. Do note that I'm the kind of player who permanently deleted Skyrim off my harddrive for a ton of annoying bugs. In a way, the game feels a bit like TBC - and I love it, having had a falling out with WoW after Wotlk and leaving in early Cata.

2. Stories. I vividly remember that one quest in Borean Tundra where I had to torture a prisoner to extract information. That quest annoyed the hell out of me, because I was FORCED to proceed with torture, or I couldn't continue with the questline. It made my shaman char look like a mercenary bastard who only cared for her own good, something that simply didn't fit with the image in my head. Compare this with TOR, where in a similar quest you can let lose your inner sadist or convince the guy through more peaceful manners. The end result is the same, but the path is drastically different. What's more, such different paths can be fun in groups - there's a situation that you can resolve either by flushing engineers into space or running around shutting a few switches. Imagine a situation where the whole group opts to shut down the switches, but the chat victory goes to one lonesome guy who flushes them out. Win

3. Game's MMO part. Many complain that the game is a single player RPG with chat. Not true - I've probably grouped more in the first 20 levels of game than I had done outside dungeons in WoW for years. Even some dailies are better done in a group, though you can do the vast majority solo - and people aren't afraid to group with complete strangers to do them.

4. Lots of things to do. I've pvped (possibly more than in all the years since TBC combined in WoW), hunted datacrons, fought in space, searched for lore objects, did flashpoints and operations and yet it feels like I've only just begun scratching the surface. There's a little bit of everything for everyone in there. Would I prefer open space combat with guild flagships? Definitely. Would I love RvR? Hell yeah. Would I want more missions at endgame? You betcha. Things as they are aren't perfect, but they're close enough.

5. No dungeon finder. Sure, a galaxy wide LFG chat should exist, but imo lack of cross-server autoqueue system is a VERY good thing. Once again I know people I group with, I even befriended a few (and not just that, but "befriended" a few of the other side folk as well, for the sake of healthy competition). And you know what? It feels AWESOME again, rather than the horror of cross server tank that fails on first pull and quits, dps that sucks at moving out of fire and the obligatory ninja that steals all the items you ever needed for "his offspec"

Overall, I feel like TOR has brought us back to the times of TBC, plus a few cool twists and turns. And you know what? I love it. I don't care if there's a thousand of us playing and if everyone else will be bashing it, but the game is all I ever wanted. All WoW promised to be all those years ago. For the first time in a very, very long time in MMOs, I am once again - happy.

The more posts I read here the more I feel people are spoiled by playing the same mmo for so long. A game need a bit of time to come into it's own and find that perfect balance and get bugs removed. The game has been out for a month and that is no time for an mmo. I feel people are not willing to just enjoy what they have anymore and always want something new and perfect form the start and won't actually work to make it a better game. This has been the problem for all new mmo's that has been released that so many are "mind controlled" by wow that they have to find the faults in every new mmo they play. People can't wait for some issues to be resolved so they leave and then the population gets too low and the game fades out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalynfein View Post
    The more posts I read here the more I feel people are spoiled by playing the same mmo for so long. A game need a bit of time to come into it's own and find that perfect balance and get bugs removed. The game has been out for a month and that is no time for an mmo. I feel people are not willing to just enjoy what they have anymore and always want something new and perfect form the start and won't actually work to make it a better game. This has been the problem for all new mmo's that has been released that so many are "mind controlled" by wow that they have to find the faults in every new mmo they play. People can't wait for some issues to be resolved so they leave and then the population gets too low and the game fades out.
    The problem is we are now spoiled for titles to play, Wow (I hate using it as a yard stick but lets face it its the most sucessfull MMO to date) had zero competition when it launched.

I actually see Blizzard and Wow like Apple and the iPhone - they cornered the market, they got everyone sucked into their way of doing things - any phone to come afterwards has had the iPhone to compare with.. Only the best succeed (Blackberry) This is how it is with Wow, they took everything that worked in other MMO's polished it and then developed it for 7 years..Most people I know with an iPhone would never go back to another phone after using it, they may try other ones but they always go back.. It also splits debate with people acknowleding the iPhone is brilliant but hating the parent company.. See any similarities with BW and EA? mmmmm..

I expected more from SW:Tor, but I will give it time it deserves as much..

Quote Originally Posted by Balleuuh View Post
    My 30 days are about to end also and I'm not sure I'm going to sub for the second month.
    I had quite a lot of fun but I don't have the urge to play which in my opinion is something necessary for a paying mmo.
    Maybe later I'll resub when the game gets polished some more but right now the pvp is 'meh' at most and pve content gets tedious after weeks of failing in nightmare mode because of bugs in the game...
    I'm sorry if this sounds trollish, but this statement can be said of every game and indeed just about everything ever made. You are saying you should want to play...to play? Obviously every game should feel that way...

On topic: I am still having fun, no reason to unsub. I havent even touched end-game pve, just been pvping and levelling.

Deleted
    I like the game and will prefer SWTOR sub and not renew wow sub till MoP.

This game has incredible potential, however at the moment I don't feel that I have enough stuff to do at 50 to justify a sub.
    Same thing goes for all of my friends so we won't even get a raid group going. (some people where slacking with the levling and some even quit before they got 50.)

But I do see that Bioware are putting in huge efforts on patching and making content so I'll just take a little break and be back in a while.
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    The problem is we are now spoiled for titles to play, Wow (I hate using it as a yard stick but lets face it its the most sucessfull MMO to date) had zero competition when it launched.
    This is complete BS, there were many MMOs WoW had to compete with back, and infact the biggest MMO at the time (Everquest) actually launched it sequel just month or two before WoW.