Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Divine Hymn on Yor'sahj

Is there anyone else who gets interupted/cancelled while trying to channel this spell when gathered up on Yor'sahj?
    Everytime i tried to use it last night it got cancelled without even getting a tick off. Which can be a problem on heroic when the black,red,yellow are up. Hymn of Hope on the other had no problems last night although that did happen a few times the previous week to it as well.
    I tried using /cleartarget too before using the spell, because at first i thought i could be hitting the boss or something but the problem persisted.

Deleted
    No issues with it, full duration on both Hymn's.
    Never had an issue with it either, atleast not that i can recall.

Quote Originally Posted by RestMyCase View Post
    Is there anyone else who gets interupted/cancelled while trying to channel this spell when gathered up on Yor'sahj?
    Everytime i tried to use it last night it got cancelled without even getting a tick off. Which can be a problem on heroic when the black,red,yellow are up. Hymn of Hope on the other had no problems last night although that did happen a few times the previous week to it as well.
    I tried using /cleartarget too before using the spell, because at first i thought i could be hitting the boss or something but the problem persisted.
    This issue probably comes up when u click divine hymn instead of pressing its keybind. Dunno why.

Deleted
    Yeah i am clicking on the spell than using the keybind.

Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    This issue probably comes up when u click divine hymn instead of pressing its keybind. Dunno why.
    I have had it happen to me both ways actually : /

There is a longer discussion about it here: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1058

I don't think anyone has been able to figure out what is going on with it though.

This DEFINITELY happened to me the other day as Shadow and we had Black, Red, Yellow (and unfortunately without my hymn, we wiped at 100k -.- le sigh). Everyone in my raid assumed that I moved when I know I didn't touch my mouse or anything, so I was getting pretty frustrated and confused when it didn't properly cast. Channel just didn't go off but it went on CD.

Same issue here, I guess the adds interupt it in a way, else I don´t have any explanation for it either.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

Quote Originally Posted by Katellia View Post
    Same issue here, I guess the adds interupt it in a way, else I don´t have any explanation for it either.
    This is exactly what is happening. Everyone in my raid at some point in time or another has experienced an interrupt of some spell or cast, dps and healers both. I'm dpsing on this fight, but use my hymn to help supplement the healers, and after having mine interrupted multiple times, I started using Fade before channeling. I know that Fade doesn't get rid of any fixate that you may already have from the adds, but it seemed to clear up my problem of losing out on hymn. Try it and see, but it is definitely tied to the adds. Psychic Slice doesn't do it as far as I was able to tell, but they do something that causes casts to be interrupted.

Yepper, I've had it happen to me multiple times with both hymns. It's frustrating that it's been around for so long and hasn't been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Venith View Post
    Yepper, I've had it happen to me multiple times with both hymns. It's frustrating that it's been around for so long and hasn't been fixed.
    Or at the very least explained that it is a mechanic or something of the fight. Some kind of response about it would be nice.

I haven't experienced this at all, but the Resto shaman in my raid was complaining about interrupt issues in general for healing during whenever we had adds spawned by Black. I thought it was an odd comment, but it may be a linked issue?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    I haven't experienced this at all, but the Resto shaman in my raid was complaining about interrupt issues in general for healing during whenever we had adds spawned by Black. I thought it was an odd comment, but it may be a linked issue?
    I don't recall it happening to my other channeled spells of mind flay or mindsear. Good to see that this is a problem though and it's not just me :P
    Also seems to be happening on a number of bosses from it looks like. Don't recall having this problem in normal modes though.

I haven't had the issue at all with anything other than the Hymns... and I haven't heard of the issues with anything else so I am pretty sure it is solely a Hymn issue.

Also RestMyCase.... <3 your avatar

Probably when people get Fixated it breaks their cast. That's the only thing different about a black phase I suppose.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Deleted
    in a similar vain, i had penance "interupted" last night too before the 1st tick went off.

i too have had it on divine hymn. we were having some really wierd stuff lat night, void bolts were being a pain (always are) but every purple phase the tank started with 3 stacks of corruption.

Deleted
    This can happen with all your channeled spells (haven't noticed it happening with cast based spells, but they aren't used as much) at some point during the black phase. It always happens once or twice when I am doing this boss. It's basically because you don't pay enough attention that you don't notice it.

Deleted
    I've never had it happen to me, but as disc I'm only using one hymn per fight and perhaps I've just been lucky not to get fixated on (I have been using on black-yellow-red combo with or without bloodlust).

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't heard too much about this happening, but I do recall that I have been interrupted on this fight in the past. I didn't think anything of it at the time, just assumed that I must have made a mistake.

Oddly enough, I have seen a similar thing happen when on my DK and trying to pop Army. Im not moving, dont have any /stopcasting macros bound to anything, and occasionally clicking AotD just does nothing. Runes are used, spell goes on cooldown, but i get no channeling bar, and no zombies.

Deleted
    A mod reply on the link suggested by Arlee:

supposedly if you proc some type of dmg buff like WTR or one of the madness weapons, it cancels it.