10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    If we exclude everyone that can die then noone will be left.
    You cannot kill Liara any other way then screwing up the EMS very badly and have her being vaporized by Harbinger at the very end though.

I do not want shepard child plot because of this.

Deleted
    So its pretty sure now that the next game is not going to be a prequel or set in a time before Shepard (like Prothean Empire) because there wouldnt be N7 soldiers and Krogan like we know them and the galaxy map also bears resemblance to the one on the Normandy.

- no Prequel
    - not set during First contact war (N7 non existant by that time)
    - not set during Prothean empire (Krogans prolly looked more savage back then)

I bet that its either set during the Shepard time like a side story or much likely not long after ME3 which would explain why there are N7 soldiers and Krogan (timeframe not long after ME3 because even with a sabotaged Genophage cure the Krogan still live a few years till extinction)

So curios now damn still a lot of time till release (March 2015 would be amazing because ME3 got released in March too)

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    March 15 is too soon, realistically speaking.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    March 15 is too soon, realistically speaking.
    Yeah I know that too but we really don't know how far in development they are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still disappointed about nothing of the likes of Mass Effect 1-3 and all DLC on PS4 and Xbone, they would of made some serious bank.

So Bioware will pretty much have to pick a canon ending now.

And considering that Krogan isn't glowing green, its not Synthesis. Good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Still disappointed about nothing of the likes of Mass Effect 1-3 and all DLC on PS4 and Xbone, they would of made some serious bank.
    Mass Effect Triology Remastered? Might be fun.

I was more disappointed that the trilogy collection had no DLC. Which is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    So Bioware will pretty much have to pick a canon ending now.

And considering that Krogan isn't glowing green, its not Synthesis. Good.
    Destruction as canon ending would be the most likely bet because everything else would still involve the Reapers and I doubt that BW wants them involved.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Destruction as canon ending would be the most likely bet because everything else would still involve the Reapers and I doubt that BW wants them involved.
    Only one that makes sense at this point.

They used the words move foreword and explore new worlds. To me while it might not seem like much to me that makes me think this will be Post ME3 and not set during the first contact wars. You would be very limited in the scope and and you would be moving back. Besides i get the feeling they want to make a new trilogy which would be VERY hard to do in the time frame set from First Contact til ME.

I think the rumored working title "Mass Effect Contact" might mean first contact with another galaxy. Maybe they get to the point of being able to get to another Galaxy such as Andromeda or maybe a powerful race from there finds a way to us. It would be very interesting to see civilizations from another galaxy. The ones in the Milky Way tech wise were very similar as they evolved along the lines the reapers set for them with the Mass Relays and what not. That way they would be easier to deal with but another galaxy that never had the reapers could have a Empire that has had millions of years to advance their tech in ways the ones in the milk way cant even dream of.

Deleted
    Blue ending: Shepard leading the Reapers
    Green ending: Reapers still around

So unless BW wants to create a new Trilogy featuring the Reapers AGAIN then it's gonna be Red ending as canon one.

Nah they could easily have the Reapers wiped out by some event in the time between the ending of ME 3 and the new game. That or you could have the new bad guy or race wipe them out somehow. The destruction ending as canon would be such a let down. No more Geth would really suck as well as no EDI but i could see them doing it tho.

Edit: Also if the game takes place in a new galaxy like i think it could be moot. Maybe the ship your on gets trapped over like Voyager ( tho i hope done better overall) after some event gets you over there. In that situation the Reapers alive or not would be meaning less at least for the first game or a possible new trilogy.
    Last edited by Rumred; 2014-06-09 at 10:05 PM.

Deleted
    Or they will make it just a detail.
    It will affect background, some dialogue, change a few quests...
    But nothing changes whether you rule the reapers (and geth?) or you obliterated them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Or they will make it just a detail.
    It will affect background, some dialogue, change a few quests...
    But nothing changes whether you rule the reapers (and geth?) or you obliterated them.
    What about Synthesis? Everyone running around with green eyes is not just a detail

What about Synthesis? Everyone running around with green eyes is not just a detail
    Thats the one ending i am fairly sure is just there for "Yay best happy ending good job!" and never had a chance for canon. Heck you could tell by the Krogan in the little trailer that wouldn't be the ending.

Deleted
    The slightly differently coloured arms and legs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    Thats the one ending i am fairly sure is just there for "Yay best happy ending good job!" and never had a chance for canon. Heck you could tell by the Krogan in the little trailer that wouldn't be the ending.
    But thats Destroy ending.
    You beat the enemy and you get to go home.

Screw the geth, bunch of toasters that have been trying to kill us for years.

Its not like they view death like we do.

Deleted
    Still love the idea of other galaxys. What I could think of:

After ME3 the races of the galaxy create an exploration team that is supposed to travel to Dark space to see if there are still reapers around (destruction ending Canon) but they end up in another galaxy with no way back.

Or

A few years after ME3 a super advanced race from another galaxy invades the Milky way and we have to travel to their galaxy to defeat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    Nah they could easily have the Reapers wiped out by some event in the time between the ending of ME 3 and the new game. That or you could have the new bad guy or race wipe them out somehow. The destruction ending as canon would be such a let down. No more Geth would really suck as well as no EDI but i could see them doing it tho.
    Wiping them out a different way would be a huge cop-out.

Plus I still don't really buy into the endings fully. The machine is too specific in some ways and completely indiscriminate in others. I'd actually be completely okay with them just completely retconning it all.

Or throw a curve ball.

Or heck, just have the Geth die. It would be tragic, but it would be a good story arc. And its not like they couldn't rebuild them if they wanted to.

I say retcon the ME3 ending, it would work the best for me.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

You play as Joker's great great great great grandchild after him and EDI crash landed on that mystery planet and started a family!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    You play as Joker's great great great great grandchild after him and EDI crash landed on that mystery planet and started a family!
    Please no spawn of Human-Robot love. I still see this whole romance as the worst joke BW ever did.

How would reproduction with a Robot work anyway? Unless synthesis grew EDI a pussy.