Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Okay, I will explain what all the fuss is about. First off, the synthesis ending itself. Btw, do I still need to spoiler tag this stuff? Well, I will just in case. The synthesis ending is physically impossible, or was at least explained very poorly. How does an energy pulse change every being in the galaxy? Think about it. For organics, it would require hundreds of trillions of synthetic components to be made out of thin air, and shot around the galaxy at millions of times light speed, and then somehow surgically implant themselves into people with extreme precision. One, how does that even work, and two how does it not kill everyone? It'd be like shooting a microchip at someone's head out of a giant gun. It's not going to turn them into a smart computer, it's gonna slice their brain in half.

Next. The ending has plot holes everywhere. Starting after Harbinger's beam hits Shepard and knocks him out. Why does Shepard wake up? Harbinger is right there, like RIGHT THERE. I'm pretty sure Reapers don't see with physical eyes, I'd bet the farm they use short range sensors. I highly doubt Harbinger didn't know that Shepard is actually alive instead of just unconscious, so why didn't he shoot him again? There were no other forces in the area, so what could have possibly stopped Harbinger?

After Shepard makes it up to the Citadel, Anderson indicates that he made it up after you, but is in a different place. You can clearly see there's only one pathway to the console, yet somehow you don't see Anderson until you ascend the stairs. even though the conversation with him indicates that he's only a few feet ahead of you? How the hell does that work?

Then we have the Illusive Man. How the fuck did he even get here? Last I checked, he's still on the the shit lists of both the Alliance and the Reapers. He has no armor, and a pistol. How did he get past all of Sword and Hammer, and Reaper ground forces? He just appears out of freaking nowhere with no explanation. Oh fun fact, one of the resolutions for the conversation with TIM is killing him with a pistol shot to the chest. His file in Lair of the Shadow broker mentions that his suit is specifically designed to resist close range weapons fire.

Space God. Why does The Catalyst take the form of the child from Earth? Is he scanning Shepard's brain? And even if he did, why choose the kid? It's like, here Shepard, imma troll you by picking something just familiar enough to you that you'll recognize it, but just mysterious enough that it'll freak you out. Also, his logic, it's terrible. The entire purpose of the Reapers is based of extremely common logical fallacies. The most advanced anything ever should be smart enough to not use circular logic and argument to tradition. Logical fallacies like that would not even pass a high school level debate. During this scene, I would like to point out that Shepard is breathing in space without a helmet. Shepard is also out of character here. Why doesn't he even question The Catalyst? He just accepts what it says as fact. It's a fucking Reaper, it admits it like 5 times in that conversation. Yet Shepard takes what it says as absolute truth?

Then we have the destroy ending. You know if you have over 4000/5000 EMS Shepard lives in the destroy ending? How the fuck does he survive the Citadel blowing up, orbital reentry, and a terminal velocity impact with the ground? Btw, there's more I'm not getting into here, because I'm just lazy. I may edit this post later with more stuff.
    QFT, so much loopholes in the last 10 mins its as if a retarded monkey wrote it, i dont understand how anyone can like these endings with so much errors. And also the whole normandy being mid mass relay jump with your squad while youre taking care of the reapars also made zero sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Laurcus I don't understand your arguments. I didn't care for the ending that much but I want to examine your points

You are trying to apply real life science to a science fiction universe. You have AI that suddenly becomes self away, people who can manifest small black holes, magic gates that can warp your around the galaxy in second, giant robots that are able to survive cosmic radiation outside the Milky Way for thousands of years and turn organic life into machine and you are questioning how its possible in the ME universe how organic and synthetic life can become one? Its what the Reapers had been doing for millions of years. Whether Harbinger could detect whether Shepard was alive or not isn't an issue. If Harbinger was alive, Harbinger would've probably been relieved because now he would get to harvest Shepard. Harvest Shepard would've been very high up on his list.

Shepard corrected Anderson and said he was in a different part. I believe Anderson then concluded that the areas must be pretty identical. It seems to me that they were Anderson then commented that the walls shifted which would explain why we didn't see another path. The only path that would be visible is whichever one the wall is pointing to.

TIM was already there...We find that out when we attack Cerberus. He jumped ship before the Alliance closed in, which is why he isn't in his office. I am more concerned about what happened to the people on the Citadel? There was no kind of struggle, if I remember correctly, the only way any knows that the Citadel was taken was because it was sitting over Earth, I could be mistaken though.

The kid did kind of piss me off. It makes me want to invest in the Indoctrination Theory but that theory is full of holes. The only reason why I can fathom why the kid was in that forum was because it appeal to Shepard. It was short of implied that the Catalyst was able to read Shepards emotions. If Javik could do it and the Protheans had been harvested then it would of have been "childs play" to the Catalyst. His logic was that of the synthetics in the universe and of other cycles. I don't know if you have the DLC but the way of thinking in the human cycle is at least very different than the Prothean cycle. The Protheans strongly believed in a sort galatic dicatorship and heavily favored survival of the fittest, they were pretty much the Sith if you know your Star Wars lore. The Geth shared the same logic as the Catalyst, EDI struggled with it. Its the most basic idea of self preservation with a small hint of mercy towards organics. The didn't have anything against organics and were fascinated by them, but organics threatened their existence which meant they would have to kill the organics before the organics killed them. The Catalyst with the Reapers chose not to eliminate organics but knew that organics would always seek technological advances which would lead to self aware AI which would lead to the AI killing the organics once the organics were perceived as a threat (we witnessed this with the Quarians vs the Geth and with EDI). What the Catalyst didn't acknowledge (through ignorance or self preservation but Javik also struggled with it) was that Shepard broke the organic vs synthetic cycle when he allied the Quarians and the Geth so it was clearly time for a new solution even if Shepard hadn't forced one upon the Catalyst because they problem that was solved by the Reapers no longer existed, at least in the Human cycle.

Why did Shepard agree to the Catalyst? Shepard was all but dead at that point and only alive through extreme determination and hatred towards the Reapers. In my eyes he died three times that day. When the beam hit him, with Anderson, and when he made his choice. When he survived the beam his body was cooked, the way he got up was if he simply refused to die. When he was next to Anderson he was done, he sort of incoherently answers his comlink and fumbles with the console based on pure Shepard instinct to get the job done, then he flatlines again. The Catalyst spares him because of how far he had come but fight has pretty much left Shepard, he is running on vapors. There were no other options for him, he couldn't fight if he wanted to. At this point, he just wanted the whole thing to be over so he could RIP, when he picks his choice he just pours he soul into whichever choice he makes.

My actual theory is that the whole sequence was a "dream" (based on imagine shown if your Shepard "lives" and the words of the old man at the end". Shepard had been knocked out by the laser. In his knocked out state he imagined himself defeating the Reapers and saving the galaxy (because the conclusions after he decision doesn't make sense and seems like a projection of his will). A) The most noble way to die in Shepards mind would've been to sacrifice himself. B) He would dream that Relays were gone so there wouldn't be any reason for him to have to save the galaxy because without the Relays it would impossible for him to do anything outside of the Sol system. C) Because of his love and attachment of his crew he dreams that Joker was able to escape with his squad unscathed. But in "real time" Shepard either died due the laser or was stuck in rubble somewhere near the beam in the position we see him if he "lives". The battle is still going on, the Citadel is still orbiting the Earth, the Crucible hasn't been deployed. We are actually waiting for the final conclusion, not a continuation of what we already saw.

My 2 cents

I like these spoiler tags, its like we are reading some highly classified document.

The thing that i dont get is why doesnt the kid just wait until a cycles reaches its apex and makes geth 2.0 which tries to kill its creators then the kid sends in the reapers to kill the bad AIs and tell the races to chill with super advanced AIs, seems much easier than harvesting and fighthing the whole damn galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bornams View Post
    The thing that i dont get is why doesnt the kid just wait until a cycles reaches its apex and makes geth 2.0 which tries to kill its creators then the kid sends in the reapers to kill the bad AIs and tell the races to chill with super advanced AIs, seems much easier than harvesting and fighthing the whole damn galaxy.
    Then your basically telling the galaxy to stop advancing which could have many of it's own effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found a post in the Somethingaweful forums that kinda reflects my view on the ending.

Panzeh posted:

The ending feels to me like if at the end of Star Wars, instead of Luke confronting Vader he walked right into a room full of cigar-smoking capitalists who explained how he was just a puppet on the strings, and they were the real people in control, and about the evils of the military industrial complex. It might be good in another game or movie, but that isn't where this is going.

Multiplayer wise, the Quarian Infiltrator with a Black Widow makes Gold difficulty a breeze with proper group setup. Asari Adept with the Paladin is also a great Gold character. I like doing a GOld match and them buying a Spectre pack right after the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bornams View Post
    What Lord Bale said. The organics wouldn't suddenly stop advancing. They would react in one of two ways

a) They would say since the AIs are gone they should be able to continue their advances (leading down the same road)
    b) The Catalyst gives them an ultimatum, stop or die. Organics fight the Reapers, cycles repeats the way it always has. Reapers wiping out the most advanced organics.

You know what the stupidest thing about the whole 'organics and synthetics will always fight each other' thing is?

A: EDI. She's an unshackled AI, now with a synthetic body, styled after the robot in Metropolis for pointless poinancy, who freely decides she wants to help the organics.
    B: The Geth. We a good sum of 2 games getting to know that the Geth aren't evil and that they're very happy and willing to live with the organics, they just don't like being killed for unjust reasons.
    C: The Catalyst seemingly controls the Reapers. If the Catalyst controls the Reapers... it's essentially the most flawed thing in the universe. It sends in the Reapers every 50000 years to reset the galaxy, so that the organics and synthetics won't fight.... by killing off the galaxy with synthetics. Shepard has united the galaxy in one goal - to stop the Reapers. He's ended 99% of all major conflicts and has the largest army in the galaxy fighting under his banner, with one purpose - to stop the Reapers. He has all the known organics and synthetics unified for nothing.

"The created will always rebel against their creators." Well if your creators are going to F**KING KILL YOU, then yeah, you tend to fight back against them. The cycle of death via Reapers was created to help make way for new life. "Without (the Cataclyst), the synthetics would destroy all organics, so the cycle was created; that's the solution." This makes no goddamn sense. They create chaos by helping create new life. They want to destroy chaos by ending life. And no, when the Catalyst refers to 'Synthetics killing all organics', it's not just referring to the Reapers. It's referring to any synthetics that are created. However, as pointed out, the Geth are not trying to do that. Their war has ended, there's no point to the cycle. The Catalyst is flawed in every way and its logic is completely broken. We've already solved the problem and yet, even though it could therefore, of its own volition remove the Reapers from our galaxy and lead them away, it instead demands you choose and in doing so, annihilate all the Mass Relays. If that's the complete answer, why didn't it do this itself in the first place?

On a semi-related point, which really pissed me off too, the Asari, with their hidden prothean beacon, could have given the final piece of the Crucible at any point in time. Instead, they sit on the damn thing till the last minute, for no real reason at all. Then get pissed off that Shepard doesn't save their planet.

The more I analyse everything running up to the end of the game, the more aggravated I become. I think I have to stop thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    @Laurcus I don't understand your arguments. I didn't care for the ending that much but I want to examine your points

You are trying to apply real life science to a science fiction universe. You have AI that suddenly becomes self away, people who can manifest small black holes, magic gates that can warp your around the galaxy in second, giant robots that are able to survive cosmic radiation outside the Milky Way for thousands of years and turn organic life into machine and you are questioning how its possible in the ME universe how organic and synthetic life can become one? Its what the Reapers had been doing for millions of years. Whether Harbinger could detect whether Shepard was alive or not isn't an issue. If Harbinger was alive, Harbinger would've probably been relieved because now he would get to harvest Shepard. Harvest Shepard would've been very high up on his list.

Shepard corrected Anderson and said he was in a different part. I believe Anderson then concluded that the areas must be pretty identical. It seems to me that they were Anderson then commented that the walls shifted which would explain why we didn't see another path. The only path that would be visible is whichever one the wall is pointing to.

TIM was already there...We find that out when we attack Cerberus. He jumped ship before the Alliance closed in, which is why he isn't in his office. I am more concerned about what happened to the people on the Citadel? There was no kind of struggle, if I remember correctly, the only way any knows that the Citadel was taken was because it was sitting over Earth, I could be mistaken though.

The kid did kind of piss me off. It makes me want to invest in the Indoctrination Theory but that theory is full of holes. The only reason why I can fathom why the kid was in that forum was because it appeal to Shepard. It was short of implied that the Catalyst was able to read Shepards emotions. If Javik could do it and the Protheans had been harvested then it would of have been "childs play" to the Catalyst. His logic was that of the synthetics in the universe and of other cycles. I don't know if you have the DLC but the way of thinking in the human cycle is at least very different than the Prothean cycle. The Protheans strongly believed in a sort galatic dicatorship and heavily favored survival of the fittest, they were pretty much the Sith if you know your Star Wars lore. The Geth shared the same logic as the Catalyst, EDI struggled with it. Its the most basic idea of self preservation with a small hint of mercy towards organics. The didn't have anything against organics and were fascinated by them, but organics threatened their existence which meant they would have to kill the organics before the organics killed them. The Catalyst with the Reapers chose not to eliminate organics but knew that organics would always seek technological advances which would lead to self aware AI which would lead to the AI killing the organics once the organics were perceived as a threat (we witnessed this with the Quarians vs the Geth and with EDI). What the Catalyst didn't acknowledge (through ignorance or self preservation but Javik also struggled with it) was that Shepard broke the organic vs synthetic cycle when he allied the Quarians and the Geth so it was clearly time for a new solution even if Shepard hadn't forced one upon the Catalyst because they problem that was solved by the Reapers no longer existed, at least in the Human cycle.

Why did Shepard agree to the Catalyst? Shepard was all but dead at that point and only alive through extreme determination and hatred towards the Reapers. In my eyes he died three times that day. When the beam hit him, with Anderson, and when he made his choice. When he survived the beam his body was cooked, the way he got up was if he simply refused to die. When he was next to Anderson he was done, he sort of incoherently answers his comlink and fumbles with the console based on pure Shepard instinct to get the job done, then he flatlines again. The Catalyst spares him because of how far he had come but fight has pretty much left Shepard, he is running on vapors. There were no other options for him, he couldn't fight if he wanted to. At this point, he just wanted the whole thing to be over so he could RIP, when he picks his choice he just pours he soul into whichever choice he makes.

My actual theory is that the whole sequence was a "dream" (based on imagine shown if your Shepard "lives" and the words of the old man at the end". Shepard had been knocked out by the laser. In his knocked out state he imagined himself defeating the Reapers and saving the galaxy (because the conclusions after he decision doesn't make sense and seems like a projection of his will). A) The most noble way to die in Shepards mind would've been to sacrifice himself. B) He would dream that Relays were gone so there wouldn't be any reason for him to have to save the galaxy because without the Relays it would impossible for him to do anything outside of the Sol system. C) Because of his love and attachment of his crew he dreams that Joker was able to escape with his squad unscathed. But in "real time" Shepard either died due the laser or was stuck in rubble somewhere near the beam in the position we see him if he "lives". The battle is still going on, the Citadel is still orbiting the Earth, the Crucible hasn't been deployed. We are actually waiting for the final conclusion, not a continuation of what we already saw.

My 2 cents

I like these spoiler tags, its like we are reading some highly classified document.
    First off, I was arguing from the point of view that the indoctrination theory is false. I have heard all the arguments for it, and believe it to be plausible in and of itself. But from BioWare's various responses, I don't believe that's how they intended it.

Also, I heavily dislike how you try to refute my attempt to apply logic to Mass Effect. Mass Effect is a logical setting that follows its own established rules, and aside from Mass Effect technology, the setting follows Newtonian Mechanics. It has been shown that people that don't have a helmet or similar device cannot breath in space, and this results in death. There are previously established rules, and the ending ignores them. I understand that it is possible for Organic and Synthetic life to be turned into one, but not through the means that is shown in the synthesis ending. We see the Reaper's normal methods for that in Mass Effect 2. They liquefy people with the Seeker Swarms, and pump their biomass into injection tubes that are hooked up to the shell that will be turned into a new Reaper. The synthesis ending is an energy pulse that simply modifies everything in the galaxy.

All of your other points about my points are explained in the codex entries, or in game. Biotics and Mass Effect fields are explained at length. The Reapers have powerful shields that can protect against radiation, this is explained before the attack on the collector base by Miranda. Everything else in the entire setting has a logical explanation, so please don't try to tell me that logic doesn't apply, because you're just flat out wrong. Also, The Catalyst's logic is flawed, regardless of if the conclusion was true in his time or not. The Catalyst should realize that by saying otherwise, it is making an argument to tradition, which is a simple logical fallacy, a mistake that an advanced machine wouldn't make if it was half as smart as one of our modern scientists or debaters. An argument must stand on its own. Just because it used to be true, doesn't mean its true now. Assuming this thing has the knowledge of countless civilizations, it would have to know that. The only solution is bad writing.

Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-03-20 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    First off, I was arguing from the point of view that the indoctrination theory is false. I have heard all the arguments for it, and believe it to be plausible in and of itself. But from BioWare's various responses, I don't believe that's how they intended it.
    I think it's originally how it was planned to go. The child is never interacted with, at all, and never even acknowledged by anyone except Shep. Even back when the trailer and demo were first released I was saying how the child is a figment of Shepard's imagination (a projection of guilt was what I said at the time, now it's probably a foothold of indoctrination). But for whatever reason, the ending was cut and very poorly spliced into RBG endings. EA probably wanted the game out ASAP, and didn't want to wait for more polishing.

Given the quality in the rest of the game, and the rest of the franchise, I have a very tough time believing that they intended it to end the way it did. I just don't think the writers and developers at BW would knowingly sit down and craft this game with the intention of getting the player to an emotionally vunerable point and then violently kicking them in the balls. I have enough faith in them at least to think they would realise how bad this ending would appear to the invested fans, and I'd like to think they'd be on our side - vocally - if their jobs were not in the way (and I sympathise, on that score).

However, I know that they are ultimately not the ones who call the shots. They're given deadlines, etc, and often the ones pulling the strings, paying the bills and calling the shots want everything sooner than the creative ones would like (and again, that is their job, making money for the company).

There are, at this point, a few possibilities. A few paths for EA/BW to take.

BioWare/EA wanted, for whatever reason, for the final ending to be DLC. This would fit with a few things - indoctrination theory (breathing Shepard post-destruction ending), lack of clarity on the ending issue (e.g., them saying they want more people to finish the story etc), and EA/BW wanting to give the people who buy the game [I]NEW [/I](i.e.; with the online code/cdkey) the full ending [I]FREE [/I]while charging people who bought it second-hand for the full ending.It makes sense, to me, that the corporate side would want to ensure new purchases remain foremost in peoples minds - ESPECIALLY if the game were to be panned by diehard fans for its ending, only for the shadow hanging over it to be some machiavellian super genius twisted motherfucker of a plot. It would set a HUGE precedent for games with online features to come with an account key/cdkey. Usually it's MP access only, in ME3's case (and beyond) it could well be the actual ending to the game.

They may, of course, have decided to test the water with the "cut" endings to see whether finishing the "full" ending content was worthwhile. If that's the case, I doubt we'll ever know for sure whether they're cunning but ruthless, or complete twats. This idea came up because I do believe EA are twats, with no respect for creative content or staff, nor their consumers.

And of course the obvious, WYSIWYG. The endings are cut because [I]someone[/I] decided it wasn't worth creating a real ending for the game, and they may or may not decide to release DLC to fix it.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Finished the game a second time. 100% readiness, etc etc, Picked red beam.

Indoctrinated theory seems most likely now that I payed attention to every detail.

Previous finishing of the game I would consider myself actually indoctrinated now that I reflect my choices. Well done Bioware. Well done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Finished the game a second time. 100% readiness, etc etc, Picked red beam.

Indoctrinated theory seems most likely now that I payed attention to every detail.

Previous finishing of the game I would consider myself actually indoctrinated now that I reflect my choices. Well done Bioware. Well done.
    A bit random...but you arent playing on the xbox are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    A bit random...but you arent playing on the xbox are you?
    PC

/10 charizards

PS -

I think that 99.7% of this game if fabulous. .3 % is default, impersonal, rush garbage. This is due to deadline BS forced onto a company to release a game. Indoc ending is what was made and I'll accept it.

MP is by far the most amazing version of gaming available for a SP game to date (for me). I make time to play it at least 3-4 times a week just for enjoyment sake. It is just hands down entertainment, period.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2012-03-20 at 05:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    PC

/10 charizards
    Aww I played with someone in MP who's gamertag was Justintime. I was like...wait that looks familiar!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Aww I played with someone in MP who's gamertag was Justintime. I was like...wait that looks familiar!
    Well play on PC mate and you'll have the most baller Adpet you've ever grouped with.

Not to mention my wife who owns as Vanguard and my swtor guildmate who wrecks as everything.

We do silver on the regular.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well play on PC mate and you'll have the most baller Adpet you've ever grouped with.

Not to mention my wife who owns as Vanguard and my swtor guildmate who wrecks as everything.

We do silver on the regular.
    I would if I didnt have a crappy computer.

Finished the game. Still not sure what all of the angst is about on the ending, oh well. People are strange.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Finished the game. Still not sure what all of the angst is about on the ending, oh well. People are strange.
    No people aren't strange, you just aren't very intelligent. In the same way there are litterally shows out there for stupid people, and they watch them thinking they're interesting, while others will not be able to look at the garbage for more than five minutes, some people will think the endings are fine.

Like how the show Community which was created in USA is loved by Europe, but has to close up shop because most Americans are simply too stupid to understand it, and because of that it doesn't get enough vieweres, even though it's internationally recognized as a rare and exceptional series.

Some people just prefer watching Friends.. until their brain is turned into goo.

<Mod Edit: No need to insult to get your message across.>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-03-20 at 09:27 AM.

lol

you are just a sheep, thorzen

<Mod Edit: Please don't call others out or insult. Report and move on.>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-03-20 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I made this post on the previous page, I think it still applies. Okay, I will explain what all the fuss is about. First off, the synthesis ending itself. Btw, do I still need to spoiler tag this stuff? Well, I will just in case. The synthesis ending is physically impossible, or was at least explained very poorly. How does an energy pulse change every being in the galaxy? Think about it. For organics, it would require hundreds of trillions of synthetic components to be made out of thin air, and shot around the galaxy at millions of times light speed, and then somehow surgically implant themselves into people with extreme precision. One, how does that even work, and two how does it not kill everyone? It'd be like shooting a microchip at someone's head out of a giant gun. It's not going to turn them into a smart computer, it's gonna slice their brain in half.

Next. The ending has plot holes everywhere. Starting after Harbinger's beam hits Shepard and knocks him out. Why does Shepard wake up? Harbinger is right there, like RIGHT THERE. I'm pretty sure Reapers don't see with physical eyes, I'd bet the farm they use short range sensors. I highly doubt Harbinger didn't know that Shepard is actually alive instead of just unconscious, so why didn't he shoot him again? There were no other forces in the area, so what could have possibly stopped Harbinger?

After Shepard makes it up to the Citadel, Anderson indicates that he made it up after you, but is in a different place. You can clearly see there's only one pathway to the console, yet somehow you don't see Anderson until you ascend the stairs. even though the conversation with him indicates that he's only a few feet ahead of you? How the hell does that work?

Then we have the Illusive Man. How the fuck did he even get here? Last I checked, he's still on the the shit lists of both the Alliance and the Reapers. He has no armor, and a pistol. How did he get past all of Sword and Hammer, and Reaper ground forces? He just appears out of freaking nowhere with no explanation. Oh fun fact, one of the resolutions for the conversation with TIM is killing him with a pistol shot to the chest. His file in Lair of the Shadow broker mentions that his suit is specifically designed to resist close range weapons fire.

Space God. Why does The Catalyst take the form of the child from Earth? Is he scanning Shepard's brain? And even if he did, why choose the kid? It's like, here Shepard, imma troll you by picking something just familiar enough to you that you'll recognize it, but just mysterious enough that it'll freak you out. Also, his logic, it's terrible. The entire purpose of the Reapers is based of extremely common logical fallacies. The most advanced anything ever should be smart enough to not use circular logic and argument to tradition. Logical fallacies like that would not even pass a high school level debate. During this scene, I would like to point out that Shepard is breathing in space without a helmet. Shepard is also out of character here. Why doesn't he even question The Catalyst? He just accepts what it says as fact. It's a fucking Reaper, it admits it like 5 times in that conversation. Yet Shepard takes what it says as absolute truth?

Then we have the destroy ending. You know if you have over 4000/5000 EMS Shepard lives in the destroy ending? How the fuck does he survive the Citadel blowing up, orbital reentry, and a terminal velocity impact with the ground? Btw, there's more I'm not getting into here, because I'm just lazy. I may edit this post later with more stuff.

Laurcus, fair enough. Frankly I didn't care enough about it to be honest. I will ask one thing though, do you think that is enough for people to absolutely pan the game, I mean there is even a huge thread of people getting a full refund on the game through Amazon (which surprises me since I thought there was a refund on software only if it isn't opened) because of the ending. I can understand being upset at a poor ending, but I think the reaction is way over the top to it.