Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stick with it, I really enjoy tanking at 85. Don't really need a tank in lower levels dungeons, so people just do whatever they want. Groups will slow down eventually and let you actually tank though, just give it some time.

Deleted
    You probably just tank super slow, so annoying.

I was gonna be a tank when I hit 85 on my warr, but lvl 70 dungeons into Northrend, people constantly pulling things without waiting, I just couldn't stand it anymore. It pissed me off so much, I've never really raged quit like that over something, but it just was so dam annoying, I chose not to put up with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Being a tank, more than any other role in the game, requires the patience of a saint, the thickest skin possible, or a group of 5 friends.
    What he said. been tanking on my warrior since i dinged 70 back in BC. people tell me i'm good. but i won't pug as tank, just can't take the stress of the ass holes. I tank for friends,and i tank our raids. i dps pug heroics.

that said. the higher end the content, the more likely to get good groups.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I play a Tank, I pull Fast, Dps doesn't complain.

Whats the Issue here?
    I believe the issue is that he is getting bitched at for not being fast enough because he is currently learning. Its outlined in the OT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Currently I'm 51 and the only concern I have is the hunters and other classes pulling for me, and then not listening when I ask nicely not to pull for me, I'm aware it's a low level dungeon and I shouldn't take it seriously, but people need to learn that the "Tank" role is "tank" for a reason, last I checked DPS weren't meant to pull.
    For me, being a tank is about protecting all the party members in my group, regardless of what they do. If they actively seek death pull after pull - they will probably find it, but I will make my best effort to protect them because that's what being a tank is all about for me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not even worth caring about, put people on ignore and play the game at your speed. The only reason they aren't still sitting in Org/Sw is because you queued.
    I play a dps ms, but my os which is equally as geared is tank and I genuinely have fun tanking as opposed to dpsing because when I dps I pull aggro and as a tank it's my job to hold aggro
    If someone really gets to you, ignore them and not only wont you see what they say for the rest of the dungeon, after that and due to the Blizzard grouping system it won't ever group you with
    that specific person again. I know that ignoring them and them ever getting into a dungeon with you again might be rare @ 85 but I've been requeued a few times at the lower levels with some of the same people.

The bait of the satchel. It's a cool idea and I usually try for it even if it's for the rare shot at a mount but I'd say 9/10 it's not worth it. I get into the worst groups with people from foreign countries that Blizzard deemed necessary to group with my battlegroup. No I know people might say things like "google translate" or "try to understand what they are saying" but the long and short of it was if I was trying to learn something I wouldn't be in WoW to do it. But you have to realize that people who think they are good, and people you don't understand are going to be your future and you have to accept that and learn to not care or tanking might not be for you. I hear the "you need thick skin" comment earlier and that will be true for random grouping but I'm sure you won't need to worry about that playing with friends/guildmates.

Long and short - Healing/Tanking is a bumpier ride then dpsing so just get comfortable with what you are doing. Sooner or later you'll get more familiarized with things and you'll just be blowing through dungeons. Gl Hf.

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor306 View Post
    For me, being a tank is about protecting all the party members in my group, regardless of what they do. If they actively seek death pull after pull - they will probably find it, but I will make my best effort to protect them because that's what being a tank is all about for me.
    Yea, I second this tbh. It can also keep you on your toes and help you develop skills. I.E quick reactions and proper use of your abilities to help the group.

I'm a new tank and have gotten my first "PULL FASTER I NEED TO BE SOMEWHERE".

Deleted
    the thing is, someone who hasnt tanked before and is maybe following the internet or mmo champ tanking guide, sometimes are to reserved, they try to make every pull perfection and in some cases go slow, of course the argument is slow = no accidents, But experienced tanks who level alts run through these dungeons and just pull everything, aslong as the healer has heirlooms or decent gear you wont have a problem, its almost impossible to die

It was much harder when aggro was still an issue to do this, nowadays just go as fast as you can, if you lose aggro so what, the group will forgive a few stray mobs if you get them through the dungeon in 5mins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I play a Tank, I pull Fast, Dps doesn't complain.

Whats the Issue here?
    Talking about new tanks here y0. I take it you've played tank for quite a while.

Sometimes i tank Heroic dungeons on my DK, and sometimes DPS loves to make the pull, do u know what i do? I order the healer to not heal the DPS who pulled, and wait patiently till he is dead. Usually they curse me after that, and right before the last boss pull, i kick him, so i waste his time. I think that's enought to make them think twice before repeating that mistake.

I hope that the reactions you

have received/seen is not a surprise. What you have seen and been subjected to is par for the course for WoW.

I stopped playing WoW, in part because of crap like you have seen. I used to pally tank, dk tank, and bear tank. I was also very good, but got tired of the abuse from the dps. WoW just wasn't fun enough to put up with that crap. So, I moved on to another MMO to just have fun playing the game again.

You're subject line is what caught my attention before I filtered out the WoW chat.

My only advise is, either grow a really thick skin or don't tank. You're going to take abuse. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
    While playing my druid, I thought I'd go healer, and that worked out great never looked back.

So I thought, hey maybe this time i'll turn my warrior into a tank.. I tell you I've spent gold, time and practice to get really good, and I am, however while leveling *my little guy is only 62* Nearly every dungon i'm hurled with

"WTF FASTER"
    "Need Shield for OS"
    "MORE MORE I have only 10mins lolz"

and in some cases when if we do wipe, well, lets just say it isn't pretty.

I am trying really hard to keep being a tank, but I tell you at level 85 I'm starting to think those bags that I get for my healer are simply just not worth the stress to tank for.

Is this just the 60 bracket? do they get better as you go up? I honestly want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    great thing about being a tank, just leave those crappy and impatient players to their que times. just wait a few then get an insta que again.you'll get that in every single bracket.
    I actually get 5 min wait tmes from time to time, not on 85 but while leveling.

OT: Other people pulling for you etc does happen alot, but tanking these dungeons is so piss easy you can insta get aggro from the dps who pulled and pull an extra pack to aoe it all down, if you do wipe its mostly the healers fault tbh. I'm saying this in the pov of a prot pala, I can solo single trash packs, if the healer doesn't keep me alive with 3 packs on me + dps nuking targets ... well the healer is doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    I never heal the dps when they pull before the tank. Hey, it´s not our fault that you died. Could we have prevented it, maybe, but you´ll have to learn the hard way.

If I tank I let the guys who pull for me handle the mobs. You pull it, you tank it.

If I dps, I tell the healer/tank not to worry about me if I pull something. Don't heal me, don't taunt off me, it'll save you some trouble.
    Yup, it's the same for me. I'm playing to have fun. Cleaning up someone else's mess is not fun.

It's not a bad idea to go as fast as you're comfortable going... but if the rest of the group is trying to force you to go faster, ignore them, let them die, /votekick them, or just leave. If they don't care about anyone but themselves (as evidenced by their arrogant, egotistical, and selfish attitudes), they deserve absolutely no consideration at all from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    Talking about new tanks here y0. I take it you've played tank for quite a while.
    what means "new" tanks? People tanking their first dungeons?
    Tanking is NOT difficult, its like dps, pressing 4-5 buttons (without cooldowns). You do so much aggro as tank and as warrior for example you are dps no1 in every dungeon until level 70.

If you suck at tanking in the 10th dungeon you tank, you will still suck at tanking in the 100th dungeon you tank. Tanking low level dungeons is not raid tanking, its always tank+spank, no mechanics nothing to look for.

No excuses, every class is easy to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze. View Post
    No excuses, every class is easy to learn.
    However, patience and respect for other people seem to be very difficult concepts to learn these days.... which is why there is so much abuse toward tanks, and consequently so few tanks around.

Does it get better? Not really, esp with the new piss easy dungeons. Pretty much as soon as LFG was implimented in its current form, tanks lost any respect they once had. The only good thing is instant queues. For a while (like 6 months) i gave up tanking completely because the new heroics were just brutal, you had to be completely on your game and deal with asshats and still get almost nothing for your efforts. Anyway all that stuff about "you are the tank, you lead" that is true, but only if the mobs are strong enough to actually kill the dps. They aren't, and that's where the problem is. Tanking is nearly irrelevant now unless its a heroic.

i stick to the rule 'you pull, you tank' on my tanks and healers. On tanks I let party die or kill pack that dps pulled, on healers I dont heal at all if someone pulled before tank, after 1-2 wipse party is pacified and everything goes fine