10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Why did I assume that my boxed copy would unlock on Steam... I may have only paid 2/3 of the Steam price for my copy, but not having the game on Steam is just... ugh. in this case the markup would have been worth it.
    Exactly why I got the steam version over the hardcopy. If it is going to take me 3 days to download it I still would prefer that over not having it on my steam account.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Why did I assume that my boxed copy would unlock on Steam... I may have only paid 2/3 of the Steam price for my copy, but not having the game on Steam is just... ugh. in this case the markup would have been worth it.
    Usually the boxed copy serial can be added to Steam and you get the digital download anyway, although that might be just for certain Valve games?
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    So I rolled my drivers back, to before the new 'GTAV' drivers, and it fixed my fps issues. Odd. Getting around 40 fps with Very High settings and 4K resolution. Pretty happy with the performance now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClueWhatToDo View Post
    300,000 people playing on steam right now. Versus the 1500 people playing MKX on Steam. lol
    Jeezus that is nuts. I am willing to bet that it's going to peak around 500k-600k before it starts falling down and averaging? That's like on a scale of some "big" MMOs :O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post
    So I rolled my drivers back, to before the new 'GTAV' drivers, and it fixed my fps issues. Odd. Getting around 40 fps with Very High settings and 4K resolution. Pretty happy with the performance now.
    omg please post screens, I want to see that juicyness
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Usually the boxed copy serial can be added to Steam and you get the digital download anyway, although that might be just for certain Valve games?
    No. Most games do now days. In fact it is rare for it not to.
    Aye mate

I haven't bought it yet, primarily because I have other games that I play currently. I see GMG still has their VIP-offer going still for it but I will resist, for now.

Jeezus that is nuts. I am willing to bet that it's going to peak around 500k-600k before it starts falling down and averaging? That's like on a scale of some "big" MMOs :O
    Broke into 3rd place on highest peak player count, http://steamcharts.com/ (scroll down).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I haven't bought it yet, primarily because I have other games that I play currently. I see GMG still has their VIP-offer going still for it but I will resist, for now.

Broke into 3rd place on highest peak player count, http://steamcharts.com/ (scroll down).
    Brokes a bit lax to call it. It's got 5 times the people in it that TF2 does. Also Steam stats has it at 280k, http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Brokes a bit lax to call it. It's got 5 times the people in it that TF2 does. Also Steam stats has it at 280k, http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
    I guess it's matter of cache delays and what not.

Mah I am sitting here at work just begging to go home. I had like 2 hrs of sleep last night and super hungry and wanting to play GTA V, the worst combination ^^
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    So if I go and buy retail I can't add to steam? 750kb/s download... Fuck

My game flat out stops at 99% with 0 BYTES/S. Lovely. There's space, I've tried restarting, I've tried turning steam on and off... Grrr.

Deleted
    Nope, in this case, it's not...

Well, you can feel that primetime is coming up in Europe. Online is slow as hell to transition around in right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to buy a physical copy so I wouldn't have to wait days downloading since my internet connection is kinda slow.
    After a long ass installation I almost fucking lost it to see a 5gb download with the most unstable servers ever... Guess I'm not playing tonight.
    Rairu - Mage
    gnomemasterrace

10+ Year Old Account
    Man this game is a blast. Still getting the hang of driving and shooting though. Already seen 180's in game but it seems a headshot or two takes care of them as well as a 1. That preorder money came in hugely handy.

So how does this bad behavior nerf work? I see white dots, red dots, and what look like light red dots. So when is it okay to shoot them? It seems whenever I shoot them I get some mental state thing.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really like the preorder money thing, it's kind of like cheating to me lol. Why would the repo man have 500,000$ cash to buy weapons with? :P
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I don't really like the preorder money thing, it's kind of like cheating to me lol. Why would the repo man have 500,000$ cash to buy weapons with? :P
    Bit odd point to add that money yeah, it would realistically have made much more sense if you received the money after the first heist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man some of the shooting range gold ones are quite hard, maybe it's just because my gun skill isn't very high
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. I specifically waited until after release to buy it for that reason...but I guess Steam was nice because they still gave me the pre order cash. >_<

Is there any way to "dump" the cash at the beginning?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. I specifically waited until after release to buy it for that reason...but I guess Steam was nice because they still gave me the pre order cash. >_<

Is there any way to "dump" the cash at the beginning?
    Just pretend it isn't there and just keep playing, the game will give you enough ammo and weapons without ever visiting an ammunation regardless in the first part of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rairu View Post
    I decided to buy a physical copy so I wouldn't have to wait days downloading since my internet connection is kinda slow.
    After a long ass installation I almost fucking lost it to see a 5gb download with the most unstable servers ever... Guess I'm not playing tonight.
    I'm on the same boat. It's looking like it's going to be almost a 2 day download.