Page 88 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.rockstargames.com/videos/video/11267

On April 14th, Grand Theft Auto V arrives on PC with a range of major visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos and Blaine County more immersive than ever. Today, catch a glimpse of it in action - running at 60FPS with the official Grand Theft Auto V 60 Frames-Per-Second Trailer.

For the best viewing experience, please make sure to watch on the most recent generation device and/or browser.
    http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...ond-pc-trailer

Guys, I don't know if I'm seeing through fanboy vision or if that just looked awesome. Someone call my eye doctor and told him I don't need glasses anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Guys, I don't know if I'm seeing through fanboy vision or if that just looked awesome. Someone call my eye doctor and told him I don't need glasses anymore.
    Looks great, but they only showed 5 seconds of actual gameplay footage(when franklin is walking out of his aunts house).

I remain skeptical until I see the performance on my own system. Not that I doubt it's going to be the definitive version of the game, I just doubt their recommended specs are going to give you a steady 60 fps maxed out. If it does, it may be the best optimized open world PC game in a long ass time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo excited. So what if I already own it on PS3 and PS4? I'm buying it again. It's gorgeous!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post
    Soooo excited. So what if I already own it on PS3 and PS4? I'm buying it again. It's gorgeous!
    Ye I mentioned this exact statement to a friend at work a while back, and he laughed and said I was nuts for buying it a third time.

To be fair though, I got GTA V included in the PS4 + 2 other games, part of an exclusive staff only deal, just after the game came out for the now current gen consoles.
    Last edited by JP1o; 2015-04-02 at 08:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I don't see no Preload, what is this sorcery? :O
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    Ye I mentioned this exact statement to a friend at work a while back, and he laughed and said I was nuts for buying it a third time.

To be fair though, I got GTA V included in the PS4 + 2 other games, part of an exclusive staff only deal, just after the game came out for the now current gen consoles.
    GTAV is worth $180(though I didn't spend full msrp on all 3) compared to most of the garbage they peddle at $60 these days. No regrets triple dipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Looks great, but they only showed 5 seconds of actual gameplay footage(when franklin is walking out of his aunts house).

I remain skeptical until I see the performance on my own system. Not that I doubt it's going to be the definitive version of the game, I just doubt their recommended specs are going to give you a steady 60 fps maxed out. If it does, it may be the best optimized open world PC game in a long ass time.
    No gameplay but the footage shown is the in-game engine right? also, the same guys that ported max payne 3 did this. and MP3 was pretty damn well optimized
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    No gameplay but the footage shown is the in-game engine right? also, the same guys that ported max payne 3 did this. and MP3 was pretty damn well optimized
    Yes, they are more talented then the hacks rockstar had port games in the past. At the same time Max Payne 3 is a corridor shooter so I'm not going to compare it's performance to gta at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Hmm I don't see no Preload, what is this sorcery? :O
    No preload means no pre-launch leaks or day 1 hacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I thought someone mentioned that they have a pre-load already.
    -K

There is nothing to leak. There is no new content here. Only better graphics and performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-load is usually a week prior to release.

What does preload mean?

What does preload mean?
    You have the game downloaded and ready to play, but can't until launch day. Basically they leave out a small portion of the game that is required to make it run until actual release. Still it makes playing the game far quicker to preload it, no having to wait hours for it to DL the whole thing.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    You have the game downloaded and ready to play, but can't until launch day. Basically they leave out a small portion of the game that is required to make it run until actual release. Still it makes playing the game far quicker to preload it, no having to wait hours for it to DL the whole thing.
    Oh I see. Thanks for educating me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post
    I've always owned multiple copies of GTA, it's not because I'm Scottish, honest!

Deleted
    I'm having a bit of a dilemma here. Through my subscription to a local magazine, I can get GTA V on PC for 52 EUR (already 8 EUR cheaper than steam), AND I have a 15 EUR discount coupon that's valid until the first of July. So I can get it for 37 EUR, which is basically a 40% discount. If I liked the earlier GTA games, I'd take it right away.

However, that's the problem. i have never really gotten into GTA San Andreas because of fundamental defects with the PC port. And GTA IV was better in that respect (although the engine still wasn't quite right), but I never quite got into it for some reason, probably because the start is rather slow with being a glorified cab driver, and the melee combat controls being too overengineered for me.

So yeah, I'm not sure how to proceed. If this was any other game, I'd go for it no questions asked, but since I have had bad experience with previous games in the series...

I guess it boils down to how long it takes before the real story begins, and how well the PC port is.

Any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    If this was any other game, I'd go for it no questions asked, but since I have had bad experience with previous games in the series...
    There are probably hundreds of thousands of other games you can use your credit on, then, if you would take any other game no questions asked.

Hard to say what you determine the real story to be. It's all real story to me.

Deleted
    There are probably hundreds of thousands of other games you can use your credit on, then, if you would take any other game no questions asked.

Hard to say what you determine the real story to be. It's all real story to me.
    I'll clarify what I mean with "real story". in San Andreas, you immediately get thrown into your gang neighborhood, with the cops first ripping you off, then you escaping Ballas on a bicycle. You then have a few quests for your homies where there is no boring part: there's always some combat involved or some chase. However, the controls for PC and the shooting on PC in San Andreas just isn't fun.

In GTA IV, the first 6 or 7 missions are just boring driving sequences with a few minigames that load you into the plot slowly. you don't start to fight until like mission 8 or 9, and even then, it's just another minigame of sorts with some boxing. shooting is yet again some missions later. And that phone control method is just horrible.

What I'm hoping for is that GTA V starts more like San Andreas, with fun gameplay, and less like IV, where the intro just drags on and on before you get to the point that's ACTUALLY GTA: fighting, shooting and causing a ruckus in Liberty City. I never got to that point because I got bored before that.