Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Changing traffic signs in Sweden../sigh

They are going to change the 'crossing the road' signs, again. It used to be a male on that sign, but they decided to make it equal.

50% of the signs is now males & 50% is females... But appearently, the woman's boobs is to big (picture to the left in the link below).. So they decided to remove the signs, and replace em with new ones, with smaller boobs...

Here's a link (It's on swedish tho, but you can see the pictures): ww.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article14412261.ab (cant post links yet, add one "w")

It's only in some part of the country tho, but seriously.. This is probably the stupidest thing I ever read.. I mean, who the fuck cares? just a complete waste of money <.<

Only in Sweden..

Anything similar happend in your country?

Deleted
    i dont see why people care aobut this stuff? so what if the person on the picture is male or female?

heres the link so people can click it:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article14412261.ab

and why do people care how big the womans boobs are in the picture? do people sit there staring at them?
    a total waste of money if you ask me.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 09:06 PM ----------

and yes, people getting offended by this done offend me! :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youdontsay View Post
    They are going to change the 'crossing the road' signs, again. It used to be a male on that sign, but they decided to make it equal.

50% of the signs is now males & 50% is females... But appearently, the woman's boobs is to big (picture to the left in the link below).. So they decided to remove the signs, and replace em with new ones, with smaller boobs...

Here's a link (It's on swedish tho, but you can see the pictures): ww.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article14412261.ab (cant post links yet, add one "w")

It's only in some part of the country tho, but seriously.. This is probably the stupidest thing I ever read.. I mean, who the fuck cares? just a complete waste of money <.<

Only in Sweden..

Anything similar happend in your country?
    I thought the boobs were fine, but damn she's got a long stride. Next thing you know, they'll be saying the new signs are sexist because she's wearing a skirt, and they'll have to replace them all with pants.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

There needs to be a black man sign, and a homosexual sign as well, I'm offended there isn't one of those yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    There needs to be a black man sign, and a homosexual sign as well, I'm offended there isn't one of those yet.

i found it quite offensive there wasnt a sign aimed at Mexicans....

this is just a really bad waste of money, any figures on how much this will cost in total?

the woman in the sign is already black. i demand signs of white people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I thought the boobs were fine, but damn she's got a long stride. Next thing you know, they'll be saying the new signs are sexist because she's wearing a skirt, and they'll have to replace them all with pants.
    yeah the boobs were a little pointy, but who cares? its on a road sign, people glance at them quickly, i doubt while driving you could even notice it.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    There needs to be a black man sign...
    Is is a black man sign. The figure is all black. There should be a white person sign.

lmao, I hope this is regional tax money getting used, this country is ridiculous sometimes.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    You are wrong in this. Did you ever read the article before posting?

The only one who even mentioned the breasts of the woman on the sign, is the guy who made the sign.

The reason why these signs must be taken down is because they are incorrect. Traffic signs are supposed to look in one specific way, and they should all be identical. You can not make your own variations on traffic signs. This is to avoid confusion - makes sense, doesn't it?

Now, the sign on the right was designed and approved by Trafikstyrelsen (the governing agency for these kind of policies). That means that you can use that one, or the one with a man on it. No other signs are valid.

Now, one might argue that it's redicioulus to replace the signs with a male figure with a female figure to start with (i'm not gonna bother with that discussion), but these incorrect signs that they have put up now, obviously has to go. When it comes to traffic signs, you have to follow standards, or it's gonna end up in a mess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    You are wrong in this. Did you ever read the article before posting?

The only one who even mentioned the breasts of the woman on the sign, is the guy who made the sign.

The reason why these signs must be taken down is because they are incorrect. Traffic signs are supposed to look in one specific way, and they should all be identical. You can not make your own variations on traffic signs. This is to avoid confusion - makes sense, doesn't it?

Now, the sign on the right was designed and approved by Trafikstyrelsen (the governing agency for these kind of policies). That means that you can use that one, or the one with a man on it. No other signs are valid.

Now, one might argue that it's redicioulus to replace the signs with a male figure with a female figure to start with (i'm not gonna bother with that discussion), but these incorrect signs that they have put up now, obviously has to go. When it comes to traffic signs, you have to follow standards, or it's gonna end up in a mess.
    no i havn't read it, its in Swedish

but unless the signs were actually confusing motorists why replace them? were people getting confused because the man looked different on the sign? if the signs were actually causing some sort of confusion or disruption they should be replaced, but if they're doing their job fine it seems like a waste of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    There should also be a white woman sign and a lesbian sign, right? Maybe a transgender sign too. Also a dwarf sign (in black/white, male/female, and homo/hetero permutations).

Yeah, people really need to learn that not everything needs to be sickeningly PC.

Votes on what sign they should use:
    Woman with shorter skirt, bigger boobs: 49.88%
    Woman with longer skirt, smaller boobs: 5.13%
    No woman signs, use the old one(with men on it): 44.98%

Total number of votes: 5,960

Conclusion give us some of dat big boobed sheeet
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

but unless the signs were actually confusing motorists why replace them? were people getting confused because the man looked different on the sign? if the signs were actually causing some sort of confusion or disruption they should be replaced, but if they're doing their job fine it seems like a waste of money.
    I meant that for the OP, asking if he had read the article before whining about it.

According to Swedish law, all valid traffic signs must follow the set standards exactly. One might say, what does it matter if it's slightly different? Well, slightly different might not be such a big deal, but where do you draw the line? If people are allowed to design the road signs however they want, soon you will not have a uniform standard anymore.
    To me, this law makes complete sense.

This also causes another issue. If it's not a valid sign (which these are not), then they also are not valid when it comes to law. That means that what you most likely believe to be a zebra crossing (because, in this case, the sign is similar enough not to cause much confusion), legally is not.

I meant that for the OP, asking if he had read the article before whining about it.

According to Swedish law, all valid traffic signs must follow the set standards exactly. One might say, what does it matter if it's slightly different? Well, slightly different might not be such a big deal, but where do you draw the line? If people are allowed to design the road signs however they want, soon you will not have a uniform standard anymore.

This also causes another issue. If it's not a valid sign (which these are not), then they also are not valid when it comes to law. That means that what you most likely believe to be a zebra crossing (because, in this case, the sign is similar enough not to cause much confusion), legally is not.
    yeah, but I think the point OP made was that it's silly to change the signs from the start?

10+ Year Old Account

I think what would make more sense than removing all the old signs and replacing them would be to take the offending sign to the standards authority and have them approve it.

Problem solved, and it didn't cost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

The signs with the short shirt and the pointy breasts are not made according to the standard and the regulation for traffic signs clearly says you are NOT allowed to put up signs or symbols or other things that can be mistaken for being a traffic sign. And clearly the pointy breasted sign can be mistaken for being a crosswalk sign when it in fact does NOT meet the criteria for how that sign has to look.

It is a safety issue in the long run and you really cant enter the slippery sloop of allowing illegal traffic signs. Sooner or later someone will get killed and standards has to be around to make sure things that should look the same everywhere does do look the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Votes on what sign they should use:
    Woman with shorter skirt, bigger boobs: 49.88%
    Woman with longer skirt, smaller boobs: 5.13%
    No woman signs, use the old one(with men on it): 44.98%

Total number of votes: 5,960

Conclusion give us some of dat big boobed sheeet

i voted on that poll, but i dont speak Swedish so i chose the middle option

Yet these signs are already installed in many places, yes? And it's not actually causing confusion, yes? In that case, common sense dictates that they should remain. Laws and regulations, whilst your reasoning is understandable, shouldn't be trumping common sense and being wasteful in the process. It seems like it'd be a far better option to modify the code to grandfather these signs in rather than replace them all.

Use the newer, corrected signs on new installments, sure. But the old ones aren't actually doing any harm, so grandfather them into the code instead of being wasteful.
    Last edited by Ravents; 2012-02-22 at 09:46 PM.