Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Police shoot and kill Tosh.0 production assistant on accident

Apparently there was a "Stabbing" call to the police at his apartment complex, and he was wearing a black shirt, and so was "John Winkler" who worked (Albeit for a a short time) on Tosh.0 recently.

The meat of the story:

"Winkler was similar to the description of the suspect and was wearing a black shirt. Believing Winkler was the assailant and the assault was ongoing and he would attack the entry team; three deputies fired their duty weapons at him," the updated Thursday statement read. "Victim Winkler was struck by the gunfire and fell to the floor, and the male victim also collapsed; struck once by the gunfire.""

"The stabbing suspect, named as Alexander McDonald, 27, is currently in custody and faces charges of murder, attempted murder and torture. His bail is currently set at $4 million."

So the stabbing suspect is getting charged with murder-I wonder if the police are going to. He "Rushed out of the building" wearing a shirt similar to the suspect, so they get free reign to shoot?

I am not anti-police, this is not a "omg fuck da police" thread or anything of that nature, but this is utterly ridiculous. I hope I'm never wearing similar clothes to a suspect of something when I'm out for a jog at night.

This cannot really be construed as a "if you all didn't have guns they would not be afraid!" thread either, as it was a knife they were worried about at the time, please don't bring gun control into here <.<

This entire situation reminds me of when the Dorner guy was at large, and the police randomly shot up some peoples truck because they thought it matched the description, and it turned out to not be the right make or color even

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...lled-by-695249

And editing to clarify, it sounds like they shot the production assistant, AND the person who was hurt originally by the knife person-so they shot the victim, the victim died, but they are blaming the knife guy for the murder? He may have survived, if he had not been shot as well <.<
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    My excitement increased as I read the title and peaked upon reading "Tosh," then immediately crashed.
    I hope you weren't hoping they shot and killed Daniel tosh. :P even if you dislike his comedy/show whatever, thats kind of harsh!
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm usually on the side of the police but these cops jumped the gun (no pun intended). They should be fired and charges should be placed on them. Completely stupid mistake that ended the life of an innocent person and was totally avoidable.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I'm usually on the side of the police but these cops jumped the gun (no pun intended). They should be fired and charges should be placed on them. Completely stupid mistake that ended the life of an innocent person and was totally avoidable.
    From the description, they were trying to run out for help for the wounded person, the police saw a person wearing a black shirt running, and they opened fire.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    This shit happens all the time everyday.Stop feeding into the media driven news and making something news because said person just happens to be associated with someone semi-famous.What about all the average joes out there when something bad happens to them you have to run to the nearest media outlet and spew your self righteous opinion as well? No didn't think so.

Shit happens.
    Here come the Irish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how it is a "Self righteous" opinion to think maybe they should verify there targets before letting loose with there firearms, but I guess that is your opinion.
    You're a towel.

Shoot first ask later - USA

Fuck lapd and orange county pd. They get away with cold blooded murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a margin of error in every line of work. Until you start walking the beat in Milwaukee you can really only hope to understand what those officers felt and thought so much. It's easy to criticize from the calm comfort of your computer chair, but it's another thing entirely to be in the situation in question, with your adrenaline coursing and lives on the line.

Humans make mistakes. As long as our police officers are human, they're going to make mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    This shit happens all the time everyday.Stop feeding into the media driven news and making something news because said person just happens to be associated with someone semi-famous.What about all the average joes out there when something bad happens to them you have to run to the nearest media outlet and spew your self righteous opinion as well? No didn't think so.

Shit happens.
    Police shooting two victims and arresting their assaulter without a scratch is not 'shit happens'.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    Humans make mistakes. As long as our police officers are human, they're going to make mistakes.
    Some mistakes are too large to be acceptable.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

When its a common thing here in socal it goes a bit past human error.

Beating a mentally challenged homeless person to death in fullerton is not shit happens

Cops being cops. Depending exactly what the guy was wearing, I would almost give them a pass to shoot. (granted they give themselves passes to do whatever they want anyways.)
    Stay salty my friends.

Amerifats incharge of not shooting their citizens?
    top kek

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2014-04-12 at 02:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Police shooting two victims and arresting their assaulter without a scratch is not 'shit happens'.
    With the shitty and agressive training the US officers seem to get it is a case of shit happens. They should really put more money in teaching/training their new agents.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like felony murder for the suspect due to the death, and probably loa/civil suits vs the cops at the least.

Have to break a couple eggs to make a freedom omelette. Why do you hate the police OP? Because they protect freedom? Why do you hate freedom and American so much??

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to stop spending money on fashion and games and putting it into getting the fuck out of here. I hate the United States of America. For so much more than this, but also because of this.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not American and have never been to America.. but every time I hear on the news or see a thread on this website about a "gun incident" or something to do with the US police.. it literally makes me never want to go there. I apologize in advance if I offend any Americans, but seriously your laws and rules are fucking retarded.