Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    There is an unofficial list on the forums where people post their progression. If you're a hardcore progression oriented guild- you bet you would want your achievements to go unnoticed. I'm sorry, but those who don't post information relating their 'accomplishments' means whatever they achieved wasn't justifiable enough to post. But I do agree they cannot claim to be 'world top 20'. On that list, there are 30 guilds that have cleared all Nightmare mode content on 16man. The list doesn't go past 30 (15 US, 15 EU). So yes, claiming to be in the top 20 is a little dramatic.

Edit: Though I do give you the benefit of the doubt, because we cleared content before the supposed '#3 US guild' and have 16man 'Unyielding' which MOST of those guilds do not have.
    Actually, WoW has shown that almost all hardcore guilds do not bother making any progression posts if they feel that the content is too easy to justify bragging about it. TOR raiding fits the bill. The only nightmare boss that took us more than 3 pulls was Soa, which took us about 1 1/2 nights, mostly due to stupid bugs.

Deleted
    If raids are too easy most of the players will get bored between content patches. You'd have players clearing normal and HM (maybe even NM) in the first week (barring bugs) and then maybe twice more in the next weeks to gear up.

And then? Will you run the instance just to what? Getting offspec sets? People are already extremely bored of EV and KP (and I'm talking about a large majority of raiders that have finished them on Normal) - at least on my server. There are fewer and fewer people doing HM FPs simply because they are too easy. "Easy" isn't a good quality. Challenging is. It doesn't need to be extreme, but it does need to challenge the individual. The less "gifted" need to find Normal mode Challenging, while the people that know how to play need to find Hard Mode challenging and NM actually difficult.

Right now, except for hp/damage/timer changes, Normal,HM and NM are the same and offer no real challenge. They are basically gear checks, once you pass em you can clear em. Hopefully next raids will have different mechanics for the 3 difficulties, requiring adjustment of tactics etc.

I hate to bring WOW in a SWTOR thread, but Ulduar had the best way to determine difficulty on a boss-per-boss basis, rather than flipping a switch at the start. That's the system I would like to see, with better (and more) loot awarded for doing things the difficult way, but leaving the easier way available for less progress-inclined guilds.

Smart person would care, all I got to say.

We really don't need hardcore vs casual threads.