Thread: Swtor

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Swtor

So lets try something.

First, name at least three things you like most about swtor.

Then

Name the three things you like least AND what would you do to fix them.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Three things:

- I love the class storylines and the slightly different experience for each one
    - I love the cutscenes and immersion into said storyline
    - I love the moddable gear while leveling

Things I'd fix:
    - I'd get rid of the easy auto-target and add more space missions (harder ones are repeats of the earlier ones with different names )
    - I'd change the faster speeder to 120% instead of a mere 10% increase in speed (I like to move fast)
    - I'd add achievements and collectibles that are difficult to get. Say what you will, but one of the things I enjoy in a lot of other games is achievement hunting. It gives me a reason to go that extra mile and push for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Three things I loved:

- Those class stories were amazing. Each leveling experience was different enough thanks to that for me to enjoy.
    - Dialogue in dungeons, I know not ALL of them did this but I quite enjoyed the arguments between my friends and I about who would talk!
    - Huttball, simply the BEST PvP I've ever played.

Three things I would change:
    - Achievements, I didn't realize how much I had missed these from WoW until I went to Rift and they started popping up again. There is something about getting an achievement on an expert dungeon boss that just makes you feel awesome.
    - Add some different leveling paths/story arcs.
    - Raids/Endgame difficulty has got to be harder. I'm sorry but if it's not a challenge for me I'm not going to care.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

<3
    • Class storylines!
    • Rolls in conversations... really exciting when playing with people you know are going to pick differently than you.
    • Mod Gears!!

Needs fixin'
    • Lingering sound issues
    • lag in ops
    • daily zones either need lower caps for number of people in an instance or everything needs to respawn faster, including the clickable items.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 things I like most about swtor:

- Having unique story lines for each of my 8 alts: lvl50 Jedi Knight Sentinel; lvl30 Jedi Consular Sage; lvl30 Trooper Vanguard; lvl20 Smuggler Gunslinger; lvl20 Sith Warrior Juggernaut; lvl10 Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer; lvl15 Bounth Hunter Mercenary; lvl20 Imperial Agent Operative and I level all them just doing Warzones and Class quests)

- Pvp feels great. I feel unique in every class and it seems very balanced no matter what alt I am playing.

- Being able to Craft on the move. (I have every Crew Skill spread around my alts)

3 things I like least AND what I would do to fix them:

- Legacy gear should be like Wow's Heirlooms and scale with the character level.

- Codex (including datacrons) should be Legacy wide. That way I would be able to have Empire Codex entries on my main's too.

- Crew skills window being limited to the character companions. In my opinion it would be great to have access to all my "legacy" companions. It would save me a lot of time, as I'm continuously logging off and on to get my crafting/missions done.

Deleted
    Like:
    1.The voice'd over class storylines.
    2.The whole Sci-Fi/Star Wars MMO setting.
    3.The jumping puzzles that were involved with collecting datacrons.

Dislikes:
    1.The non class quests were boring and felt really grindy.I'd prefer if you could level to 50 purely through the class quests.
    2.The amount of loading screens was really annoying.I know they fixed it so that you don't have to go to orbital stations but I'd rather you could go straight from your ship to each planet.Get rid of the zoning into a corridor, just to have to run to the far end to get in an elevator to get to your ship.
    3.The races were like different colour humans,not much variety.Add more beast like races....I know this mightn't work with the existing classes but meh it's something I disliked

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    -Movie cut-scenes and the immersion of the overall story
    -Huttball: brilliant PVP; and the option to have same faction fighting went a long way to balance the delay across factions when queuing.
    -Purple crafting missions

Needs:
    -PvP space combat
    -Better GTN, I want to be able to search for something without needing as much information as they require (or at least be able to shift-right click).
    -Legacy than can be obtained through credits or XP, not a mix of both.

Deleted
    Mercs
    Hutball
    Twileks!
    ------------------------------
    Dislikes
    Lag
    Ilum
    Engine

I can't name only three things I like. I love the game and almost everything about it.

Dislike:

1. Orbital Stations
    2. The character screen reorders itself if you play a different character. They should just let us pick the order we want them in.
    3. Legacy is not cross server and there are not enough character slots.
    Last edited by iceberg265; 2012-06-22 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    2, Operations
    3, Moddable gear

Dislikes
    1, Legacy is a Credit sink and not Fun fun fun as said on Guild summit
    2, Legacy is credit and Legacy level and not only Legacy or credit as again said on Guild summit.
    3, Huttball. Cant stand the stunning and been pushed back all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Hmm let me see

Like:

1. The Questing Experience: (yes even the non class ones) Before SWTOR I hated questing but the I really enjoy the way the story is presented.
    2. Opps and Flashpoints: Sure they had there issues in the beginning but over all I really liked how they tied into the story. Some of flash-points are just superb.
    3. Modable gear

Dislikes:

1. No dual spec (within AC): I would really love the ability to switch between PVE and PVP spec with out having to go through the process of reapplying all my talents and skills every time
    2. No Mods: Its just silly imo with so much else to focus there attention on that they havent released the API yet. The community loves to tinker with this stuff and I think it would of taken a LOT of the initial heat off if they had allowed the mod community to make up for some of the perceived pit falls of the game with mods.
    3. I dont like that when you receive a pattern you have no idea whether you know it or not until you either try to learn it or laboriously open up your patterns and check. A simple tool tip in the item description when you mouse over it would make me so happy.
    Last edited by Vexies; 2012-06-22 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay here is what I like:
    1) The class stories with cutscenes and completely voice'd dialogues.
    2) Companions and their stories.
    3) Huttball. Seriously, I love Huttball.
    EDIT:// (didn't notice the "at least" sign)
    4) Star Wars / Sci-fi setting
    5) The AC / talent system, I like to have my options
    6) Rolls during conversations / Conversation system overall
    7) The pre-release cinematic campaign (LucasArts have the best CGI around, srsly)

Here is what I dislike:
    1) Blue / Red crystals accessible by both Jedis / Siths, I think these colours should be faction-restricted. It makes more sense lore-wise.
    2) Very low number of playable non-humanoid races + the legacy perk which allows you to create Jedi Pureblood. Again, it messes up the lore.
    3) Restricted travelling/exploring. If SWTOR had an open world, it would be such a blast. First of all, controlling your own spaceship and flying to wherever you want. Then set up the target for your light speed and land on the planet you want. The only loading screen would be when stepping out of your vessel. And then a wide-open world of that certain planet.

Seriously, this ! + the space combat PvP and more ways to level your character (I mean more routes as if more planets were added) and I'd never stop playing this freakishly awesome game
    Last edited by Crysis; 2012-06-22 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Likes -

Sci-fi theme
    ( I'm struggling to think of another 2 )

Dis-likes

Long loading screens
    Aimless walking from zone/plant to zone planet through empty life less shuttle stations and empty corridors
    Sterilised, worlds empty of life interactively and randomness, no day or night or weather cycles worlds feel like they're are in Suspended animation.

-Story, cannot have enough of that, the cut scenes and voice overs are simply amazing.
    -Flashpoints. Not too easy, not too difficult, just right.
    -Bioware takes an approach to people monopolizing the AH, unlike Blizzard and their AH.

Dislikes, and how they can be improved:
    -Flashpoint finder. Not many people seem to want to do flashpoints, especially on my server (The Ebon Hawk) even after the server transfers. A flashpoint finder, especially a cross-server one, will greatly improve the game for people who do not have a lot of time to dedicate to finding groups.
    -Daily quests. I think Blizzard did this right with Tol Borad, switching them up and around so that people have variety in daily quests day by day. ToR daily quests tend to be static; they could take a lesson from Blizzard on this.
    -The world just doesn't feel alive. Mobs just stand around doing nothing, waiting to be attacked. Making it so that mobs are actually doing something besides waiting around to die will greatly improve immersion.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    - Story: I love all of the different class stories
    - Custom gear: The ability to make any orange item raid viable is just amazing
    - Crafting system: You can if you want, but there is no nee to farm. Just have your comps do it!

Dislikes
    - Operation bugs: These get super annoying when they destroy otherwise perfect kills
    - Lack of mod support
    - Lack of macro support

Quote Originally Posted by Quorina View Post
    -Flashpoint finder. Not many people seem to want to do flashpoints, especially on my server (The Ebon Hawk) even after the server transfers. A flashpoint finder, especially a cross-server one, will greatly improve the game for people who do not have a lot of time to dedicate to finding groups.
    The problem with FPs right now isn't so much the lack of being able to find a group. The problem is the lack of the carrot at the end of a the stick and a much larger carrot at the end of a different stick. There is almost no reason to do FPs when you can hop in to a SM raid and get better gear for much less effort.

Luckily, they are adding the carrot at the end of the FP stick in conjunction with the LFD.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Modded gear
    - Personal class storyline

Dislikes
    - Being pigeon held into a single weapon archetype for most classes i.e. why cant my Merc use a carbine? Boba Fett uses one AND the chick graphic for BH's has one. Neither BH AC can use a carbine...wtf?
    - Linear starting zones. It would be nice to be able to have a different starting area for all 4 starting classes that you could travel to (with a little determination mind you) to spice things up when starting a new toon.
    - Space Combat, nuff said.

1) varied storylines that make questing interesting.
    2) moddable gear so I can pick the look & feel I want
    3) interesting companions that can actually influence the way you make choices if you want

dislikes:
    1) spaceports and related. Once you unlock the fast travel point, you should be able to port from your ship to any of them on the planet (that you've unlocked).
    2) xp to planet ratio (for me) means that I have to do every planet 95% done to maintain a decent power curve. Either offer more planets or beef up xp a bit so that I didn't need to do all the side quests while leveling alt #6 or 7
    3) Some quests are just not worth cut scenes. I don't mind some guy sending me to kill 10 of something, I've been doing it since before the internet existed. I don't need to know why unless it's not obvious or it's part of some overarching plotline. Black Hole's quests work, you click the box to go get whatever and off you go. You already know why you're there!

Both 1&2 of my dislikes could be summed up as "once you've done something, doing it again over and over isn't new and fun". While I'm not huge into dungeons or raids, I'm sure the same applies there. Make a dungeon with that in mind, so that once you've done the normal stuff, you can just enter a version where the dialogue is mostly skipped in favor of an abbreviated decision format.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    2. The character screen reorders itself if you play a different character. They should just let us pick the order we want them in.
    3. Legacy is not cross server and there are not enough character slots.
    While I agree, the character select is just alphabetical with last played on top, doesn't really "re-order" itself. I'd love to be able to set my own order though.

And I'm the reason no game will ever have a lot of character slots. If I had 50, I'd still fill them. No game ever has enough character slots!

Deleted
    -Huttball. I love the capture the flag in every game that I play and huttball just gave me a more dynamic playstyle of that type of PvP.
    -Flashpoints. Even after gearing to have the bis items, FP have always been a nice way to spent my time. I would really play a lot of the them when LFG comes out.
    -Healing AC. I have tried Operative/Scoundrel and Mercenary/Commando healing AC and I have to say they have really fun mechanics.

Dislikes:

-Not enough abilities. I don't mean that I want more complex dps rotations. What I feel like is that the game misses some big CD that are fun, strong and dynamic. I would like some more abilities that for example, increases damage done and received, more charges or teleports, more dynamic area effects, some more party wide buffs. I know that the engine they have is still young and they don't have mastery'ed yet but I would really want some more dynamic abilities others than weak attack, casting heals, recover energy abilities. For example, Fear for Sorcerers, Disarm from Warriors, area of effect grenades from troopers that would enhance your abilities.
    -Talent trees. I didn't like the talents tree from the time they were introduced. I would preferably have a system closer to Mass Effect franchice, where there are some abilities that I have as a class and I can spent points to increase their effect. For example, example Force Push. Level 1 to 3 would increase the damage dealt by Push and at Level 3, the players would be able to choose between two different versions. a) Force Slam. The Force Push is so strong that throws the enemy on the air and then slams them on the ground for 2sec. b) Force Shockwave. All enemies in a front cone are pushed.
    -PvP. I like most of the WZ but I would really like some more, different PvP types. Improved world PvP, with towers to cap and control and bonuses for enemies kills. Finally, even though a lot of people are against, I WANT ARENAS! I love deathmatches and the closer I have to that is huttball, if I decide to ignore the ball carriers and my team. Can I please have some player vs player with no RNG and PvE elements, where I have to outplay my opponents to win? If they implant it correct, only one bracket, arenas can be BALANCED and would not affect people that don't want to play them.
    BONUS:
    Heroic 4+ Quests: Instead of dailies solo quests, create big ass hard quest that need 2 players to complete. Create something like a smaller scale of a Flashpoint that would take several time for players to complete. It could be done to a new planet, in a group-phase area with mobs to kill, puzzles to solve and some bosses that would require some team play to kill. You don't have to create many of those, just a single one that would have a different enemies, puzzles and bosses each day. That way, people won't get bored and would have something to spent their time. It could be like random generated dungeons from Diablo 2 and similar to DCU duo's dungeons.

P.S. I have already made some suggestion in my blog, if you feel like you can go and check them.
    Abilities: a) http://swtorbattles.blogspot.gr/2012...or-future.html
    b)http://swtorbattles.blogspot.gr/2012...uggestion.html
    Arena: http://swtorbattles.blogspot.gr/2012...-warzones.html

Things I likes

Companions: So much fun in conversions, crafting, and questing
    Class Stories: Makes it so much more personal
    PVP: I actually find it to be reasonable balanced. I have played all Adv Classes (if you consider mirrors the same) to atleast level 40 Valor 20. I do find the Sin/Shadow a bit too strong and Commando/Merc too weak

Bonus: Soloing heroics, actually requires me to think kill order and strategic use of my abilities

Thing I dislike

Legacy levels meaning nothing really
    Lack of a group finder/LVL 50 global chat - I prefer to play the game not spam chat in the fleet
    Having to log between characters to keep companions doing crew missions

10+ Year Old Account
    Like:
    1. Story lines and accompanying voice overs.
    2. Crafting system.
    3. Operations and flashpoints.
    Honorable mention; legacy class buffs and presence bonuses across all characters!!!!

Dislikes:
    1. Game engine and subsequently poor fps's on planets/long load times.
    2. Lack of mod support.
    3. The Legacy features that are mostly credit sinks and do not provide any real benefit based on their costs (race, alignment, convenience, and social unlocks for example).
    "Honorable" mention; linear questing. I know this has been BW's MO for a long time (Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Mass Effect, etc.) and I've learned a long time ago that you should let the game 'push' you in the direction it is trying to push you for optimal game flow and enjoyability. However, hitting the same planets 4 times in a row with 4 different same faction classes can get a bit dull after a while and start to wear out your spacebar. Heck, even the Outlands had the same starter zone (hellfire peninsula) but once you got past that zone you could go either north (blood elf territory) or south (demon territory) to get to level 70. I wish that (perhaps in the future) they could add additional planets to break the monotony of the questing. Not sure how that may affect the main quest line but I'm sure something could be done to make it a bit more interesting.

I for one LOVE the space combat and hope they add more missions/continue to work on this 'mysterious' space project (insert dramatic hamster youtube clip here). The server transfers has breathed a lot of life back into the game, been pugging more Ops on my alt then I ever would have thought possible.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer