Deleted

[PvP] General Advice Please

Hello Mmo-C

Been a while since I played WoW, especially my Death Knight, Im curious to know how they are going in PvP both for BGS and Arenas? Is there any prefered Spec thats the most viable at the moment? And has there been any recent changes that I should be aware of?

Thanks for any tips/help.

Kierañ

People say that Blood is viable for BGs, and maybe 2s. But it's best to switch into an unholy PvP spec when venturing into arenas.

Unholy- Arena
    Frost- RBGS/sometimes arena
    Blood- Never in PVP

/THREAD

Death Knights aren't great in Arenas largely because rogues are overpowered and they lack survivability and control. Everything is viable up to 1800 because 1800 is a joke, pick whichever spec you enjoy and stick to it all of the spec's can be used in basic PvP (BG's, pre 2.2k Arena, low RBG's, etc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    Unholy- Arena
    Frost- RBGS/sometimes arena
    Blood- Never in PVP

/THREAD
    Never Blood for pvp? Why? They're gods in bg's. Just for that you can't say "never for pvp". Even without revenge.. And you ask for /THREAD but don't give explanation for everything you said...

After being a moving target/victim while playing enhancement, I'm pretty happy with the Blood spec atm. I don't see a full BG jumping on me every Time I spawn.... And I kill some toons too. I feel more usefull and I have fun. I don't ask for more...
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2012-02-22 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to vengeance being kept in pvp because of how it broke ret paladins. blood dks are actually REALLY good for bgs especially Flag Carriers that might even stay the same for rbgs. Though you will see blood dks in low rating and mostly in 2s either with another dk or a healer.

Frost is good for bgs and low rbgs and low arena. Have the choice between 2h and dw obliterate or 2h/dw masterfrost. If you like spike damage just follow usual pvp spec you see around for 2h/dw frost/desecration and take rime/annihilation. "Masterfrost" goes without rime/annihilation and relies on frost strike and howling blast for runic power generation and dump between HB for gen and FS for dump.

Arenas though unholy is better due to control with the ghoul
    Last edited by Syfiern; 2012-02-22 at 04:11 PM. Reason: forgot half the information i ment to put

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that a lot of players favors Frost to be the easy spec and unholy the harder pvp spec

I suggest going frost if you wanna have a good time or blood if you want to piss of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Syfiern View Post
    Due to vengeance being kept in pvp because of how it broke ret paladins. blood dks are actually REALLY good for bgs especially Flag Carriers that might even stay the same for rbgs. Though you will see blood dks in low rating and mostly in 2s either with another dk or a healer.

Frost is good for bgs and low rbgs and low arena. Have the choice between 2h and dw obliterate or 2h/dw masterfrost. If you like spike damage just follow usual pvp spec you see around for 2h/dw frost/desecration and take rime/annihilation. "Masterfrost" goes without rime/annihilation and relies on frost strike and howling blast for runic power generation and dump between HB for gen and FS for dump.

Arenas though unholy is better due to control with the ghoul

Dw obliterate isn't an option and you never pick rime for pvp. Never.
    Saying uh is better for arena is also silly as it completely depends on your setup.
    Last edited by Kukkaroinen; 2012-02-25 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    Never Blood for pvp? Why? They're gods in bg's. Just for that you can't say "never for pvp". Even without revenge.. And you ask for /THREAD but don't give explanation for everything you said...

After being a moving target/victim while playing enhancement, I'm pretty happy with the Blood spec atm. I don't see a full BG jumping on me every Time I spawn.... And I kill some toons too. I feel more usefull and I have fun. I don't ask for more...
    Blood sucks.

I can kill any blood DK with my frost DK.

You spam necro strike and frost strike,

kite when you're low on hp and heal with lichborne-deathcoil
    Last edited by Wrien; 2012-02-26 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    Lately I have tried to get into pvp on my DK alt and I have to say unholy is by far the most satisfying and exciting spec of the three, at least in my opinion....and don't go blood in pvp unless you plan to be a FC, it's just sad.

Since Arena seems to be where all the HCore PvPers are, BGs tend to be a little less stressful. On that note, if you want to have a good time and really get into the thick of battle, go Blood. You won't poop out such large numbers but you'll be a pain the butt to kill. Especially if you throw on tank trinkets with cooldowns. If the other team is dumb enough to try and kill you before the other guys, then you can laugh while you soak up the damage. If you're lucky, you might survive long enough to gang up on the last couple of guys and even get some killing blows.

You rock as a flag carrier, and you're great at guarding in AB because you can just keep interrupting flag attacks and surviving until your buddies get there.

vengeance doesnt stack in PvP anymore and if you getting trained for the love of god go blood pres

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Blood sucks.

I can kill any blood DK with my frost DK.

You spam necro strike and frost strike,

kite when you're low on hp and heal with lichborne-deathcoil
    Your argument is invalid, considering a blood dk would never go alone in a structured rbg scenario... They are not there to kill.. Simply to stay alive with support

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Blood sucks.

I can kill any blood DK with my frost DK
    Well... Ok... You can kill a Blood DK with your frost DK... And what about other class??
    One spec out of 30 can kill a Blood DK so Blood sucks?? This is your argument? Ok dude... With my Blood spec I can kill many classes/spec too, and I can guard/carry a flag better than your frost DK! So frost sucks??

Blood is more than fine for pvp. Some would also say "OP".

Au passage: ALLEZ PARIS!! PARIS EST MAGIC!!
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2012-02-27 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    Well... Ok... You can kill a Blood DK with your frost DK... And what about other class??
    One spec out of 30 can kill a Blood DK so Blood sucks?? This is your argument? Ok dude... With my Blood spec I can kill many classes/spec too, and I can guard/carry a flag better than your frost DK! So frost sucks??

Blood is more than fine for pvp. Some would also say "OP".

Au passage: ALLEZ PARIS!! PARIS EST MAGIC!!
    lucky:P . ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kukkaroinen View Post
    Dw obliterate isn't an option and you never pick rime for pvp. Never.
    Saying uh is better for arena is also silly as it completely depends on your setup.
    I haven't used dw obliterate spec myself, but I have seen a few people use it quite well. And I was more or less throwing ideas of what specs I've seen around. But for UH I haven't seen a dk not unholy over 1800 in my experience

As well as they had to keep vengeance in PVP it's still there, they had to keep it due to the patch trying to fix it breaking the crap out of ret paladins, guessing no one had to deal with ret pala's doing 120k dps in raids or killing players in a second or two flat?

The sticky for PvP seems to be quite old. Is there a current place to go for information? I'm just starting to PvP on my DK and would like an updated and reliable source of info.

Which sticky are you referring to? The one about Frost PVP is still perfectly up-to-date and valid for 4.3.2. If you want more information about Unholy, I'd be happy to compile a thread similar to the Frost PVP thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Which sticky are you referring to? The one about Frost PVP is still perfectly up-to-date and valid for 4.3.2. If you want more information about Unholy, I'd be happy to compile a thread similar to the Frost PVP thread.
    Odd... I only see four stickies:
    4.3 DPS Boss Tips
    Death Knight Tanking Guide
    Helpful threads
    Dummy DPS and new DW tanking threads will now be locked

The Helpful threads thread has the following links:
    DK Power Auras Setup
    Soloing as a DK
    DW Tanking discussion
    PVE uses of Dark Simulacrum
    Death Knight Mechanics explained *outdated*
    PVP Frost DK Spec Breakdown
    Additional DK Power Auras (All Specs)
    4.3 Dragon Soul DK DPS Tips

The only one that applies is PvP Frost DK Breakdown, and that thread hasn't been updated since September. Unfortunately, there's nothing there that says "This thread is updated/valid for 4.3.2" so I don't know if anything has changed - that's more what I was asking, if there's something more recent or accurate.

And yeah, there's nothing for Unholy that I can find. It would be helpful for new PvP DK's like me if there was a central source for PvP Basics for all three specs, including talent choices, stat preferences, enchants, glyphs, rotations, etc. A one-stop shop.
    Last edited by Karazee; 2012-03-05 at 07:41 PM.

Yea, I started that thread a while back (9/11 as you pointed out), but nothing significant has changed in recent patches. I'll add that to the first post. Thanks for the concern.

I'll see if I can "rally the troops" so to speak, and get a PVP sticky going.