Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    the text is a bit odd, but it could be cleartext issue or something, but otherwise seems fine
    Looks more like jpeg compression artifacts.

@OP See if there are any instructions included with the screen that reference unpacking.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Looks more like jpeg compression artifacts.

@OP See if there are any instructions included with the screen that reference unpacking.
    no, there wasnt any : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephilus View Post
    no, there wasnt any : /
    Yes, This is a bit old, and maybe he wont see it but on the chance he will, i hope to help.

As stated above you, it "Could" be jpeg compression artifacts, But on the offchance it is not, 1, I do not recommend you pulling off the anti-glare coating, Yes it can cause some people a texture issue but ive personally never seen or heard of a grainy effect from it. As stated earlier as well it could be a cleartext, To see if that's the problem do the following:

Right Click desktop > Personalization - Left Menu: Click "Display" Near the bottom left under "See Also". At the next menu, At the top left, you will see "Adjust Cleartype Text" Click on that and make sure the box has a tick in it (Checkmark). If it does hit next to "Tune" your monitor(s). Alternatively you can also try to "Calibrate color" on the same menu that "Adjust cleartype text" is.

If that doesn't solve your issue, You can try a bit more of an advanced approach by switching out graphic cards with an older one (Possibly your on-board if your mobo has it) to see if it's an error with your graphics card, Even if the card is literally brand new Heat, or factory defects could actually cause this grainy issue due to HD monitors haveing a much smaller pixilation size (Wich is a good thing) you could be getting micro-artifacts from your graphics card, That maybe your not noticing in game due to alot of movement, And also because in-game a GPU will kick it to higher gear then in Windows, Another possability is to disable windows Aero, Wich requires a GPU and could possably (Very slim chance) see if it IS your GPU causing the issue. (GPU: Graphic processing unit)

Taking a screenshot of the desktop isnt going to do anything, obviously it will look different on our monitor than on yours. Thats like taking a picture where half your screen is missing pixels and wondering why it still shows all the pixels in the screenshot on a different monitor. You need to take a pic with your cellphone camera or something so we can see the physical screen not a screencap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neph, i have the exact same monitor and i have noticed the same thing. I think it's just anti-glare crap on the screen cause it looks exactly like my iphone did when i put an anti-glare skin on it, just not ever close to as noticeable as my iphone's.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Taking a screenshot of the desktop isnt going to do anything, obviously it will look different on our monitor than on yours. Thats like taking a picture where half your screen is missing pixels and wondering why it still shows all the pixels in the screenshot on a different monitor. You need to take a pic with your cellphone camera or something so we can see the physical screen not a screencap.
    As stated above i do not have a camera and *my phone would be horrible. I was asked for a screencap so i posted one.

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Itheran View Post
    Yes, This is a bit old, and maybe he wont see it but on the chance he will, i hope to help.

As stated above you, it "Could" be jpeg compression artifacts, But on the offchance it is not, 1, I do not recommend you pulling off the anti-glare coating, Yes it can cause some people a texture issue but ive personally never seen or heard of a grainy effect from it. As stated earlier as well it could be a cleartext, To see if that's the problem do the following:

Right Click desktop > Personalization - Left Menu: Click "Display" Near the bottom left under "See Also". At the next menu, At the top left, you will see "Adjust Cleartype Text" Click on that and make sure the box has a tick in it (Checkmark). If it does hit next to "Tune" your monitor(s). Alternatively you can also try to "Calibrate color" on the same menu that "Adjust cleartype text" is.

If that doesn't solve your issue, You can try a bit more of an advanced approach by switching out graphic cards with an older one (Possibly your on-board if your mobo has it) to see if it's an error with your graphics card, Even if the card is literally brand new Heat, or factory defects could actually cause this grainy issue due to HD monitors haveing a much smaller pixilation size (Wich is a good thing) you could be getting micro-artifacts from your graphics card, That maybe your not noticing in game due to alot of movement, And also because in-game a GPU will kick it to higher gear then in Windows, Another possability is to disable windows Aero, Wich requires a GPU and could possably (Very slim chance) see if it IS your GPU causing the issue. (GPU: Graphic processing unit)
    I tried out the first steps you said and everything went through fine. I haven't had a problem with this gpu since i got it though. *I am fairly certain it is not that. any other suggestions? could it just be the anti glare on the screen? oh and dont worry, id never take that off the screen.

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 12:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Neph, i have the exact same monitor and i have noticed the same thing. I think it's just anti-glare crap on the screen cause it looks exactly like my iphone did when i put an anti-glare skin on it, just not ever close to as noticeable as my iphone's.
    Well i am glad someone can relate by having the same thing. It is quite aggravating but if its because of an anti glare skin i cant really complain.. i only notice it while looking at sites or at my background. Still i wasnt buying a monitor to have some kind of grain to it :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Only time i notice it is when i look at the green mmo-champ background and sometimes websites with big white areas (not most of the time though). I don't see it when i look at my wallpaper or when i play video games.

15+ Year Old Account
    And this, kids, is a fine example of why you shouldn't buy a screen without seeing it first

Are you european? If you are, you should be able to return it within 14 days for a full refund. Otherwise you could walk in to closest physical
    store and check if they have the same screen on display and if it looks the same. If it doesn't, you can return, if it does, you'll have to live with it:-P.

My bet is the anti glare surface which indeed can appear grainy. It does also of course make it easier for the eye in light enviroments but it's up to what you prefer.