Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    O.O

I don't think my eyes could handle such power.

Btw, it's possible to infuse(?) Kido with a Zanpakotou's power, right? Like Sokatsui together with Getsuga Tensho like Ridesdel said.
    just launch the spell after the getsuga, gives him time to recite the incantation if he wanted to to increase the power tenfold, and depending on the travel time of them, he could start reciting before/during the getsuga and blast it as soon as he finishes the swing

also, i liked your other avatar better

Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    just launch the spell after the getsuga, gives him time to recite the incantation if he wanted to to increase the power tenfold, and depending on the travel time of them, he could start reciting before/during the getsuga and blast it as soon as he finishes the swing

also, i liked your other avatar better
    Omg, such power. If Ichigo could do that he could kill anyone just in a few seconds, including someone like Byakuya.

Hehe, I know the other one is better but I had to change. Though I probably won't stick with this one for much longer, I'm just trying it out.

so another thing has occurred to me, Ichigo could fight at just about the same level as Kenpachi in the first arc, without bankai, and while undoubtedly byakuya is stronger, ichigo just gets his ass BEATDOWN by Byakuya, I mean WTF Ichigo, if you are going to be able to beat one captain, don't just get owned instantly by another!
    Last edited by Ridesdel; 2013-01-02 at 10:40 PM.

so another thing has occurred to me, Ichigo could fight at just about the same level as Kenpachi in the first arc, without bankai, and while undoubtedly byakuya is stronger, ichigo just gets his ass BEATDOWN by Byakuya, I mean WTF Ichigo, if you are going to be able to beat one captain, don't just get owned instantly by another!
    Thing is, Zaraki isn't as strong as the other captains, not in that arc atleast. All he did was swing fast, strong and going always forward.

No other captain does that, meaning that they dodge, they use techniques, try to figure out ways to do that or that.

And let's just say that Byakuya tops on all that. Zakari is like an orc, a brute, doesn't think, just goes ahead, Byukuya isn't like that, that's why Ichigo got beat up pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Thing is, Zaraki isn't as strong as the other captains, not in that arc atleast. All he did was swing fast, strong and going always forward.

No other captain does that, meaning that they dodge, they use techniques, try to figure out ways to do that or that.

And let's just say that Byakuya tops on all that. Zakari is like an orc, a brute, doesn't think, just goes ahead, Byukuya isn't like that, that's why Ichigo got beat up pretty good.
    but the way ichigo just gets beat down until hollow comes out is just, well too much considering ichigo's growth during the arc

also y u no post snarky response in corrupt-a-wish thread?

also y u no post snarky response in corrupt-a-wish thread?
    I haven't been there for a while. >.<

I'll try and be there more often then. xD

so many interesting stuff still left for the manga to explore... haven't seen the Bankai of at least 3 of the gotei 13 leaders yet ... Kenpachi, Ukitake, Kyoraku... oh and Unohana... also, not of the gotei 13 but Urahara ... however Kyoraku and Kenpachi are the ones I'm most interested in since kyoraku seems to be really strong even though laid back, prolly stronger than Kenpachi in pure strength... and kenpachi... well he's kenpachi xD...

Also I was quite surprised when they said Unohana was the first Kenpachi xD didn't really think she was that strong other than the healing :P

anyway I haven't been this excited about bleach since it first aired xD

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Also I was quite surprised when they said Unohana was the first Kenpachi xD didn't really think she was that strong other than the healing :P
    She has always been feared it seems, not really for her healing methods from I understood at that time tbh, more about her combat skills and all that jazz, but I really never thought much of it, I just thought people were scared of her because she was a creeper and did weird things.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    so many interesting stuff still left for the manga to explore... haven't seen the Bankai of at least 3 of the gotei 13 leaders yet ... Kenpachi, Ukitake, Kyoraku... oh and Unohana... also, not of the gotei 13 but Urahara ... however Kyoraku and Kenpachi are the ones I'm most interested in since kyoraku seems to be really strong even though laid back, prolly stronger than Kenpachi in pure strength... and kenpachi... well he's kenpachi xD...
    Zaraki doesn't have a bankai, so we wont be seeing that any time soon .
    Other than that I agree with REALLY wanting to see the other captain's Bankai, especially Shunsui's you just know it's going to be a BEAST! I mean they've just made him captain commander and given him a pimpin Eyepatch, Now he's FINALLY going to show us the Bankai so strong he didn't even want to use it against Aizen.... omg can't wait! Thing is you just KNOW what's going to happen... He'll be in some crazy fight, probably against the guy he got a bit pwnt by last time and the last panel of the chapter will be him releasing Bankai, then it'll cut to another scene and it'll be weeeeeeks before we see it.

As to Ichigo learning Kido.... oh man I hadn't even though of a 1 2 punch combo with Getsuga Tensho and Sokatsui :S that would be GLORIOUS! See it's stuff like that that makes me want him to learn to use Kido, it would make his fights ssoo much more interesting than his current tactic of "spam Getsuga Tenso"

p.s. didn't think it was possible Majad, but I like your new avatar even more
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    He got all of Rukia's powers because the Hyougoku inside of her reacted to her wish to suffer/redeem herself by saving Ichigo, so it gave him all of her powers. This was said flat out by Aizen himself.

Isshin's powers have been back for a while, he just didn't reveal it/had a need to use them.

Ichigo got hollow powers because he partially hollowfied in the Shattered Shaft during Urahara's training.

He got bankai quickly because he cheated by using Urahara's dolls.

His hollow powers didn't evolve in Hueco Mundo, they got stronger because he learned to control them and increased his mask retention. On the dome against Ulquiorra, he completely lost control over them and became a monster.

He has Quincy powers because his mother is a Quincy. He is a Quincy/Shinigami.

I really don't know where your theory is coming from. Its even expressly stated early on that only Quincy absorb reiatsu from their environment to use their skills, as we see with Ishida after taking off his glove against Mayuri. Shinigami run purely on their own, self-generated power.

As for the chapter:

So glad we didn't waste time with Grimmjow. Really, I have zero idea why Kubo even brought him back, aside from the fact that he mishandled the Hueco Mundo Arc so badly that he didn't even wrap up his ultimate fate and had to bring him back to satisfy fans and tie up a loose end. He has no place in the storyline, his job in the narrative is done. But at least he didn't derail the chapter with him.

Welp, Ichigo is related to the Shibas. Nobody was surprised. Kubo has been telegraphing this plot twist since SS Arc. All it does is fill in a lot of gaps in the story concerning the Shibas and their fall from grace. The big question here is why "Uncle" would be sad to see Ichigo go to the Royal Realm. THAT is the big mystery here. Something there - possibly this technique that will reforge Zangetsu - will do something that takes Ichigo off the path that Isshin wanted for him. Mmmm...

Again, Ichigo is a really great actor when he wants to hide something. Im reminded of the parallel in HM when Grimmjow of all people tells Ichigo that just because Orihime is fine physically, doesn't mean she's fine on the inside. Same thing is happening here. He's torn up about Juhabach's revelation. He probably wants to go find his father and get some answers. But even then, he does what he needs to do to be able to protect. I dont even know why Chad of all people even ventured down that path of conversation.

But still, props to Kubo for actually getting us to the Royal Realm relatively quickly. I see a lot of houses there. The Royal Realm seems to be pretty populated.
    Moreover, during the Soul Society/Arrancar arcs, Shinigami powers and Hollow powers are stated to basically just be opposite ends of the same spectrum IE, they're the same power manifesting in different ways. Only under extraordinary circumstances does that line disappear, creating an Arrancar or a Vizard.

Also, Ichigo doesn't NEED a Hollow form anymore. Zangetsu and Hollow Ichigo combined. They are one and the same being again, both increased to their maximum separately before rejoining.

Good to see the new manga being out.

But wait what?! They already fought once. Kenpachi KNEW she was the first? Or atleast that she was hiding her true strenght...

Unohana vs Zaraki, a battle till the death... I don't like this, but somehow i think Zaraki>Unohana. But in the end, the winner will be saved cause of another attack on Seireitei.

Or will they know mercy for once on each other?
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

New chapter is -here-

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Good to see the new manga being out.

But wait what?! They already fought once. Kenpachi KNEW she was the first? Or atleast that she was hiding her true strenght...

Unohana vs Zaraki, a battle till the death... I don't like this, but somehow i think Zaraki>Unohana. But in the end, the winner will be saved cause of another attack on Seireitei.

Or will they know mercy for once on each other?
    At least now we know why Unohana had her hair in a braid all this time. Just to cover up the fact that someone had left her with a scar lol Good Job Zaraki, I say!
    With her hair down now though, she scares the life out of me! :S That first page with her face on creeped me out!

I'm super curious why either of them is alive today if they have already fought. It's meant to be a fight to the death so, why is Unohana still alive?! I wonder if it was just impossible for either of them to just be able to deliver a killing blow. The scars they each have are not very big. Maybe that was all they could manage.

I sooooo want them to go back in time again and show us what Unohana was like back then lol

Also curious what the correct way to be using a Zanpakutou is :S Only thing I can think of is the Sealed Sword Frenzy OVA where the Shinigami had merged with his Zanpakutou. Perhaps being one with the sword is the correct way?

All in all, a welcome return to Bleach

Rarely updated...

wwwoooowwww Good chapter, worth the wait

So Ichigo and Renji have been doing it wrong... Shocking.... /sarcasm.

Will be interesting to see if they gain new powers for their Zanpaktou this way. Both have pure "Combat" type Zanpaktou, would be funny if this was actually just because they're too stupid to USE the powers, not because their swords don't have any.

Then on to the REAL story of the chapter! Unohana Vs Zaraki!

See.... I know this was supposed to be a ZOMG! amazing one of them has to die! type moment.... But it bugs the shit out of me, for one main reason.

They're not going to kill of Zaraki, the nerdrage when we THOUGHT he was dead was insane, there's no way that Kubo-san is going to MURK him up right in front of our eyes. Therefore the only way I can see this ending is Zaraki Godmoding and beating Unohana, which is the biggest load of bullshit I've seen in the history of bleach. Zaraki is at BEST on a level with Byakuya, having him beat Unohana, who is said to be the greatest swordsman in SS history, and second only to Yamamoto in power is just..... wrong.

HOPEFULLY, if Kubo-san wants me to have any fucking respect for him as a writer, he'll have Unohana beat Zaraki, but as she goes to finish him off, she has an attack of conscience, the whole "I'm not this person anymore" thing, she walks out, leaving a battered and broken Zaraki again laying on his back, thinking hard about HOW he got beaten. Fast forward to the middle of the "Final Battle" and Zaraki appears, fueled by his loss to Unohana, driven to new levels he batters a bunch of Sternritter and all is good with the world.

OR if Zaraki HAS to win, have it be that Unohana teaches his leet new techiniques and then LETS him win, because she doens't want to fight any more. Just do FUCKING NOT have Zaraki beating her in a fair fight, because everything we know about both Zaraki and Unohana says she will wipe the floor with him, so don't give in to the fanboys and have Zaraki go from "Sorry he's alive but will never fight again" in one chapter to "Oh, he just beat probably the most powerful Captain alive and the greatest swordsman in SS history"

As you can tell my feelings are a little mixed on this chapter.
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

Agree with everything you said Gallahadd.

Zakaki should not be able to beat Unohana unless she lets him win.
    What i would like best is if Unohana kills him easily showing everyone what a beast she is. To bad thats very unlikely to happy.
    Zaraki will probaly be in trouble at first thenn learn something new and go god mode like we seen plenty of times before. ( mostly by ichigo)

Becoming Getsuga himself was the strongest thing Ichigo could do so id speculate thats the true way of using a zanpaktou. He asked wo was on top and the ovious answer would probaly be the shinigami, meaning thats probaly not the case and its the Zanpaktou wo should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    HOPEFULLY, if Kubo-san wants me to have any fucking respect for him as a writer, he'll have Unohana beat Zaraki, but as she goes to finish him off, she has an attack of conscience, the whole "I'm not this person anymore" thing, she walks out, leaving a battered and broken Zaraki again laying on his back, thinking hard about HOW he got beaten. Fast forward to the middle of the "Final Battle" and Zaraki appears, fueled by his loss to Unohana, driven to new levels he batters a bunch of Sternritter and all is good with the world.
    I think this is what is most likely to happen really.
    They'll have this exhaustive battle but by the end, Zaraki will be more powerful, possibly with new techniques and a bankai, and while Unohana would likely be in control of the fight, she won't kill him. She could likely have killed him right away. Instead, she'd have trained him up a bit, made him stronger and then play the "reformed" card and insist they both live.

He lives to fight, she lives to heal.

But then, in the final fight, things will get so bad that she will HAVE to fight. I doubt Kubo wants to leave all Unohana's fighting in that room with Zaraki. She just looks too bad ass lol Then again, he may want to keep it as something rare/special and only have her fight in that room with him, then with nobody else, ever :S

Either way, I'm excited Bleach is back ^^

Rarely updated...

I agree with Gallahad. It'd be pretty stupid if Zaraki won a FAIR fight against Unohana, I mean, it's impossible for him to win, unless he has some power, but I mean, come on, he doesn't, and if he does, he doesn't know how to use it.

Also, Unohana creeped the shit out of my when I saw her picture with her hair loose. I honestly hope she wins instead of Zaraki, simply because she's more powerful, though for the time being, I'm going to think like that because of what we know of her and Zaraki. Until they show us what happened before between the two, there's no reason to believe Zaraki will win.

--

As for Ichigo and Renji. I think they are going to fight those zanpakutous and in the end, they will absorb them, some how, and Renji's and Ichigo's power/spirit/wtv will fuse with the zanpakutous and there, they have their zanpakutous again.

When is 524 coming out?!?! Can't wait to see Kenpachi and Unohana fight!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    When is 524 coming out?!?! Can't wait to see Kenpachi and Unohana fight!!
    Not until about this time next week, sadly.

Rarely updated...

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Not until about this time next week, sadly.
    DAMN it! *twidles my thumbs till next week*

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Also curious what the correct way to be using a Zanpakutou is :S
    That guy pretty much explained how it should be done. The new trainee's eat and sleep with Ausachi. But, Renji and Ichigo have been pretty much using it only as a tool to fight with.

Bottom right. I guess that is how they want to be dealt with. Not just a sword, but a partner. A nice 'thank you' after a battle or training.
    Ichigo got taught several things by Zangatsu, so Ichigo should 'pretend' that Zangatsu is his mentor, even tho it's a sword.

I really want neither of them to die, but Unohana really seems pissed off (and scary, imagine being married to a woman like that O.O).

Zaraki will get his ass kicked, and hard. But just as he did with Ikkaku, he will get mercy. Become stronger and then try again.

Can't wait to see their fight in Anime...
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass