10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Quote Originally Posted by Yauld View Post
    Dota has less action in it, you can't risk to get a kill for a death, so you have to always be careful, and it isn't worth the risk most of the time, and as farming is more valuable it often ends up with safety farming the whole game as that is what matters the most. Sure there must be ganks, but in the end it doesn't feel like that support is so special unless you are halfly trolling with some friends. I mean, it's all based around: LET DAT CARRY FARM WHEN WE OTHERS GO AROUND AND HELP HIM FARM SO HE FARMS AND WHEN HE FARMS HE GETS FREAKING IMBA BUT HE MUST FARM IN 30 MINUTES TO GET STRONG AND THEN HE MUST FARM AND THE SUPPORTS MUST GO AND GANK HIS LANE AND GET NO ASSISTS BECAUSE IT'S AN AWKWARD SYSTEM, AND ASSISTS DOESNT MATTER ANYWAYS AS IT GIVES AS MUCH XP AND GOLD AS A CREEP KILL. AND DID I MENTION DAT THE CARRY FARMS THE WHOLE GAME AND THE SUPPORTS FEELS LIKE NOTHING WHILE GOING AROUND SLAVING FOR THE FARMER!?

And the passive talents are really boring too. ''Let's spec this crit and woo, five crits in a row while auto attacking, great!''

The only thing i like more about DotA is the juking.
    Am I the only person that thinks this guy is bullshitting us all?
    In all the games I've played so far NONE off it feels like that. In fact what you just said apply's to League Of Legends more then Dota. True in Dota if your Agillity Carry gets denied early game, he's gonna farm a little bit more just to catch up. But as soon as he gets his first decent item hes gonna try and get ganks.
    For Example I played a game with Riki yesterday ( he was top laner ) 8m he only had Blade. Top tower destroyed and both top laners go try and gank. Riki keeps farming top lane till 12m, by then he has 2x Wraith Bands + Tier2 Boots and half way through getting his first big item. As soon as he got those 3x Items and was around lvl 7 he was ganking evry possible lane. and thankfully carried us xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    In all the games I've played so far NONE off it feels like that. In fact what you just said apply's to League Of Legends more then Dota. True in Dota if your Agillity Carry gets denied early game, he's gonna farm a little bit more just to catch up. But as soon as he gets his first decent item hes gonna try and get ganks.
    For Example I played a game with Riki yesterday ( he was top laner ) 8m he only had Blade. Top tower destroyed and both top laners go try and gank. Riki keeps farming top lane till 12m, by then he has 2x Wraith Bands + Tier2 Boots and half way through getting his first big item. As soon as he got those 3x Items and was around lvl 7 he was ganking evry possible lane. and thankfully carried us xD
    Riki isn't really an item dependant hero though. He can deal a lot of damage with minimal items just because of Backstab. That said, he can also be very easily shut down with counterwards or a gem, both of which seem to be a rarity in public games.

It is true that if your line-up includes a very farm dependant hero like Spectre, your main goal will be to let that carry farm as much as possible. Those kinds of heroes need a good 20-30 minutes of uninterrupted farm to actually be of any use but afterwards they start to become extremely strong.

Deleted
    Seeing that everyone above you said he's trolling, no you're not alone.

I thought the troll was quite obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Freezymcgee View Post
    Has anyone else taken the time to read the Lore in the "Learn" tab in the beta, it seriously looks like it was written by a 12 year old. It is rife with grammatical errors, run-on sentences and little to no creativity. They are pretty painful to read.
    I tried. Was indeed painful.

Gettin kinda annoying how people who just got in the beta are getting friend invites to share yet myself who has nearly 200 hours played and 0 abandons haven't got one,
    just dieing to play with my bro

/endrant

Gettin kinda annoying how people who just got in the beta are getting friend invites to share yet myself who has nearly 200 hours played and 0 abandons haven't got one,

/endrant
    I think they're being more generous to players in US West where the players/servers ratio is much lower right now. I don't know if they've even been handing them out in EU but if it makes you feel any better I'm sitting at 829 hours played and I haven't got any spare invites.

/endrant
    I got two extra invites a few days ago, traded em for WoW time, lmao.

/endrant
    From Europe: I got an invite through the steam opt-in+2 friend keys. Later I got an invite through the playdota forums+2 friend keys. (6 keys total yes, they are all gone)
    (This was November/January)

You sure you didn't get extra keys in your steam inventory?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I think they're being more generous to players in US West where the players/servers ratio is much lower right now. I don't know if they've even been handing them out in EU but if it makes you feel any better I'm sitting at 829 hours played and I haven't got any spare invites.
    Not better but maybe a little less alone and personally screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by conceit2 View Post
    From Europe: I got an invite through the steam opt-in+2 friend keys. Later I got an invite through the playdota forums+2 friend keys. (6 keys total yes, they are all gone)
    (This was November/January)

You sure you didn't get extra keys in your steam inventory?
    Unfortunately yes I am sure, myself and my bro have been spam refreshing this thread and r/sharedota2 to see if we can get a key for him.

Definitely was not gonna do this though... http://www.reddit.com/r/sharedota2/c...the_following/

On a side not I am looking for skilled people to play with, kind of sick of rolling mid lane gankers like tinker/ns/sf etc. going 10-0+ in the first 15 mins just dominating the game and ganking lanes and still losing due to the most brutal teammates imaginable. Nobody I know has a dota2 key and this solo queuing is just getting out of hand.
    Last edited by Freezymcgee; 2012-04-10 at 09:08 AM.

Deleted

Looking forward to phantom lancer <3

Riki is more of an assassin then a normal farmer carry, heck he's called the silent assassin for a reason hence his job is not to farm so much but to go around ganking people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Riki is more of an assassin then a normal farmer carry, heck he's called the silent assassin for a reason hence his job is not to farm so much but to go around ganking people.
    No, Riki is still a carry. While he can gank incredibly well once he gets Diffusal/Smoke, never forget you ARE a hard carry and you DO need farm. Purge described it best, new players getting "Fuck yeah, I'm Riki and I'm invisible!" syndrome.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Quote Originally Posted by pierakor View Post

Looking forward to phantom lancer <3
    Where did you find that ?? :O

Where did you find that ?? :O
    http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2012/04/dota-2-11th-april/

So I was just watching Tobi Wan's stream and I have pretty much zero knowledge of DOTA 2 but some people were lvl 21, is there no limit on levels?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    So I was just watching Tobi Wan's stream and I have pretty much zero knowledge of DOTA 2 but some people were lvl 21, is there no limit on levels?
    25. 18 levels of abilities, 7 levels of stats.

i want dota :<
    게임 은 어렵~~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    25. 18 levels of abilities, 7 levels of stats.
    Actually it's 15 of abilities, 10 of stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auk View Post
    Actually it's 15 of abilities, 10 of stats.
    Woops my bad lol, I was thinking something completely wrong lol