Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Although I must admit, "it's against the rules to push this early" is one I've never heard before.
    I find that more plausible than "reported for backdooring."

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Hahaha, I don't think I've come across that in Dota 2 yet, but I certainly remember it from DotA - "I'm putting you on my banlist for backdooring!".

Deleted
    People actually say that?

Deleted
    I think people should think about how they judge other players if they're in a lower skill bracket. You are not the near the top, so your evaluation of players is probably shit. Item builds do not make the player. Some people like to just play different styles on heroes and just because they don't follow the standard item build doesn't mean they're bad players. Just because you know some item build some pro builds doesn't mean you're better.

I've seen plenty of people that just follow pro builds that aren't good players and I've seen insane players just go troll builds and still win. Even if they don't win with the troll build doesn't mean that they're bad. I once got carried by a guy that went Phase Boots on Tinker and was everywhere on the map killing stuff. We were losing so hard but he carried us to a win.

I also don't think "doesn't speak English" is a valid metric for player skill. In fact, if a player that doesn't speak English is on the same MMR as you then he is probably mechanically better than you because he got there without ever communicating with anyone assuming he solo queued.

I know from personal experience that low skill players are the most clueless ones because I have played on smurf accounts. People are so quick to judge and blame others. When I went mid and completely crushed opposing mid player, the rest of his team started crying in all chat about how could he lose mid as X hero against my hero and that he is the worst player on their team etc when they were just as bad. I simply outskilled him because I was not playing in the right bracket. But they didn't know that so they just assumed he was bad.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-09-10 at 04:06 PM.

Problem with guides is that if you just follow them they're going to miss out on stuff. It doesn't really offer the flexibility to match the state of the game.

So many of them have Mek, Urn, Vlad's and Drums, and many bad players will just build basically as many of them as he can afford, without checking others' inventories to avoid overlap. While not really the guide's fault, it does make for a good reminder that the items in the list are sometimes crappy lifechoices.

I don't think that either of the things regarding that specific player I mention in my post above makes a player bad necessarily, but those are not the only mistakes the person made. It is also just one example.

Nonstandard builds can be effective and/or fun, but when a person goes items that make no sense, or rush expensive items without getting any sort of filler items (like upgrading their boots or picking up some cheap damage items) it's usually a telltale sign that they're trolling, new, or bad at the game.

As for not speaking English, obviously that doesn't make a person bad, there are a great deal of non-English speaking players that are fantastic at this game (much better than I am), but not speaking the same language as the rest of the team makes it a lot more difficult to play the game effectively. And at the risk of stereotyping: generally the worst players I come across on USE while I'm playing are players who spam voice and text chat in another language.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-09-10 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    or rush expensive items without getting any sort of filler items
    Depending on the state of the game and to some extent also the hero this can be a very legit strat. As an example an AM who's been completely freefarming might just skip boots outright until after he gets his Battle Fury.

But you're right. It's a telltalte sign if you see someone with effectively no items while they're being very contested, take damage or even killed.

yestrday i had my 1st rage quit from enemy team
    feels good

http://dotabuff.com/matches/304795128

also i recently switched to carry role (instead of usual 5/4) while im playing with friends took me a while to learn how to actually last hit, playing all random since they implemented ar mm was huge boost in confidence

Deleted
    @Charge me Doctor

"Live games are sorted by average skill, highest to lowest." - Valve, if you press Hero Filter in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    @Charge me Doctor

"Live games are sorted by average skill, highest to lowest." - Valve, if you press Hero Filter in the game.
    source?

just curious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    source?

just curious
    Press Hero Filter in the Live Games section.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    source?

just curious
    literally source

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Press Hero Filter in the Live Games section.
    haha lol

sorry im blind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    People actually say that?
    I remember people saying "don't invite that fucker, he backdoored in last game" back in dota, so, i guess people still upset about it and don't want to see such people in games
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

People tend to consider backdooring "cheating" because you didn't beat them in the "actual" game. You couldn't win in a team fight, you couldn't out-push them, you couldn't stop them from getting Roshan, but you won anyway because you just killed buildings faster than they could TP to base and defend.

And, to be fair, it can be really annoying to be unable to push as 5 because Furion or Clinkz will just backdoor your barracks the second you cross the river, but, considering it cheating or even bad manners is ridiculous to me when you can just learn how to stop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    People tend to consider backdooring "cheating" because you didn't beat them in the "actual" game. You couldn't win in a team fight, you couldn't out-push them, you couldn't stop them from getting Roshan, but you won anyway because you just killed buildings faster than they could TP to base and defend.

And, to be fair, it can be really annoying to be unable to push as 5 because Furion or Clinkz will just backdoor your barracks the second you cross the river, but, considering it cheating or even bad manners is ridiculous to me when you can just learn how to stop it.
    Yep, it was cheating when we had no backdoor protection, but calling it cheating now is just lazy excuse for not carrying tp scroll or be careful to not walk too far away from your important buildings
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

To be fair though, Furion is a PITA to deal with. Unless you've got a pretty good stun and decent mobility he can usually just run away with Shadowblade and teleport to the far opposing lane and push that instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh dear god, I've got to find opportunity to try this novelty strat. http://imgur.com/a/XURdp#26

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    To be fair though, Furion is a PITA to deal with. Unless you've got a pretty good stun and decent mobility he can usually just run away with Shadowblade and teleport to the far opposing lane and push that instead.
    There are ways to counter that guy ...
    Barathrum is any fur'as nightmare ... Rlly that guy with pt maybe a madness and dust can scare and prob kill .
    Silence to counter am .

Also slark has insane ms so quite mobile around the map .
    And usually if there is such problem if someone even hard carry gets travel can give him trouble by tp'ing and even farming . Kotl to recall , there are way around this .

Quote Originally Posted by Fir_ost View Post
    Etc
    I said PITA, not impossible. And most of your examples are basically rehashing what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    so pick heroes with stun/hex/long range innitiation? or alternatively get items to supplement your shortcomings? clock, nyx, storm, disruptor, kunkka, blink innitiators etc deal with him well. or just get tinker and have him anywhere prophet is pushing, he can either stop the push with march or chain hex him until other TPs arrive, try to gank him often so he has to buyback to splitpush when you do 5man push and is scared to show up anywhere on the map. people need to think how to deal with him instead of just doing nothing but 5man pushes and then calling prophet OP because they dont carry TPs.