I hope that Storm Spirit beats out Pudge for Arcana, I feel like he would stand a decent chance too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Usually at that point you have enough items to just kill him or your supports have Force Staffs. How is he any more counter than to any other hero though?
    Because drow loses her ulti at close range and clock is pretty good at getting up in her face was my point.

- - - Updated - - -

I hoping Sand King wins, but it ain't going to happen :/

What makes you think any hero actually stands a chance against Invoker? Especially heroes like Sand King, Dazzle, Witch Doctor, which are prolly the ugliest fuckin' heroes in the game, rofl. Maybe SF could win over Invoker, but mostly because he doesn't have a single set yet.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    What makes you think any hero actually stands a chance against Invoker? Especially heroes like Sand King, Dazzle, Witch Doctor, which are prolly the ugliest fuckin' heroes in the game, rofl. Maybe SF could win over Invoker, but mostly because he doesn't have a single set yet.
    LET ME DREAM DAMN YOU !

I suspect the winner will be pudge / invo / drow / potm.

oh joy : |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Because drow loses her ulti at close range and clock is pretty good at getting up in her face was my point.
    Isn't gusting Clock out of his Cogs is legit strategy against him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

I hoping Sand King wins, but it ain't going to happen :/
    Sure. However, up until the BKB Drow is still a counter to Clockwerk and not the opposite and Clockwerk doesn't shine when he has a BKB but his strength usually lies in his level 6 to 11 mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Sure. However, up until the BKB Drow is still a counter to Clockwerk and not the opposite and Clockwerk doesn't shine when he has a BKB but his strength usually lies in his level 6 to 11 mark.
    True, but I normally rush a force staff on clock, granted I've never had to try and force myself into the cogs before, I could see it happening with small practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought compendium, activated it, got fantasy ticket but when i try to access compendium, it says that i need to buy it. That sux
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this international prize pool will exceed $6,000,000. I wonder if we'll get more rewards. (Given it does, which seems likely at this point)

I can't believe the prize pool is over $4.5 million right now... That's insane!! I'm pretty new to the game but I had to get myself a compendium to reap all of the rewards.

And I agree with crackleslap.. I think it's certainly very possible that the pot will reach $6 mil.

scarecrowz, you don't know how shit the situation is do you? Because the SEA servers are apparently ridiculously bad, and many users experience lower ping on AUS servers because of it all. And heck, many of those that get better ping on SEA will prefer AUS because the servers themselves are more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Generally rude asians who don't speak a word of English except to take your mid.

"you noob, me mid".
    I like it better when you get the similar player that does speak English, because you'll actually understand them when they're asking you "I don't get why Huskar can dive the tower and kill me as Leshrac"

I wonder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fear they are the equivalent of Europes Russians except that I am now getting games where 75% of the game do not speak a word of English. This is completely unacceptable in a game that requires communication.
    So exactly like Europe and US West.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scarecrowz I don't know what you've been seeing, but I barely see half of what you're saying.

Such drama.

Australian servers are now infested with SEA players. Generally rude asians who don't speak a word of English except to take your mid.

"you noob, me mid".

I fear they are the equivalent of Europes Russians except that I am now getting games where 75% of the game do not speak a word of English. This is completely unacceptable in a game that requires communication.

I've actually resorted to asking them why they play on AUS instead of SEA. One player who spoke quite good english said they do it because of the universal English language as opposed to the massive mix of languages in SEA. Despite none of them actually speaking English.

As if matchmaking couldn't get any worse. FML.
    Seems like Dota only makes you suffer. Seriously, any positive dota post on these forums from you?

Deleted
    So I played a game last night as Zeus and had the pleasure of playing with the shittest gyro of all time.

I didn't comment on how bad he was until he started shit talking our entire team, to sum up :

He got hit by every single RP and Black Hole

Saved up 7k gold for no reason

Didn't get butterfly against a SF who did not have a MKB

Used his ultimate about 2 times

0 map awareness (got ganked 4 times going to farm when it was obvious bait and I told him it was bait)

I was miles better than this guy yet he is rated 5k and i'm sitting here at 4.3k atm.

I have concluded that even at 5k people are still just as shit as 4k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just his bad game, i don't, usually, judge people on just one game. I remember play with one guy (he was support KotL), and he sucked really hard, he didn't buy smoke, mech, pipe, courier, he built bloodstone instead, he died to all kinds of baits, he tried to deward when we had no vision over enemy team (literally, zero ppl on minimap, he vents to a river to deward), he was awful lanemate (usually people are scared to make a move when KotL is off vision, but he was always in front of creeps), he skipped mana leak completely (up to late game) etc.
    But in the next game, i had the same person playing against me, and he wrecked our mid by playing tinker, i couldn't believe that it was same person.

Or maybe he just bought his account. When queuing with a few high rated friends, I did play against some pretty bad players that were above 4.5k. I remember a ~5k Huskar jumping me as an Invoker as soon as he hit lvl 6, and getting 1 shot with Sunstrike 'cause it's pure damage, and a ~4.7k QoP allowing me to push the lane prio to rune spawn. I checked their accounts after 2 days, they both dropped around 150 rating in a blaze, so I'm quite sure there's a lot of eBayed accounts at 5k mmr.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Maybe it's just his bad game, i don't, usually, judge people on just one game. I remember play with one guy (he was support KotL), and he sucked really hard, he didn't buy smoke, mech, pipe, courier, he built bloodstone instead, he died to all kinds of baits, he tried to deward when we had no vision over enemy team (literally, zero ppl on minimap, he vents to a river to deward), he was awful lanemate (usually people are scared to make a move when KotL is off vision, but he was always in front of creeps), he skipped mana leak completely (up to late game) etc.
    But in the next game, i had the same person playing against me, and he wrecked our mid by playing tinker, i couldn't believe that it was same person.
    Maybe, but having a bad game as a hero or just playing still doesn't remove all game sense and map awareness.

Even when I play like crap I still have game sense and am always aware of the map - it was like he didn't know how the game works.

Deleted
    So I played a game last night as Zeus and had the pleasure of playing with the shittest gyro of all time.

I didn't comment on how bad he was until he started shit talking our entire team, to sum up :

He got hit by every single RP and Black Hole

Saved up 7k gold for no reason

Didn't get butterfly against a SF who did not have a MKB

Used his ultimate about 2 times

0 map awareness (got ganked 4 times going to farm when it was obvious bait and I told him it was bait)

I was miles better than this guy yet he is rated 5k and i'm sitting here at 4.3k atm.

I watched the replay a bit because these stories are always biased when I hear them on forums. Points:

He used his ultimate about 5-6 times in the first 20 minutes on every fight he joined.

He got hit by every RP because he is the only target they cared about. He got single RPed all the time. Sure, he could stay back and let someone else take the creeps but no one else was doing it anyway. The problem wasn' thim getting caught in RP/Black Hole but that the other ones in your team got caught with him or ran right into the Black Hole. This was the game where the Rubick had his chance to shine. Those were the easiest RPs/Black Holes to steal of his life. The Gyro could survive those ulitmates if he had a team and suddenly you're in a great position because they wasted their ultimates on one hero.

Look at the 37 min fight. The Rubick had a level 3 RP stolen and Blinked right into Black Hole. Now imagine if the Rubick instead interrupted the Black Hole with the RP (he had Blink). That fight would have been easy win because the Gyro would have went ham with his Satanic and everyone in the opposing team were hugged up for easy Flak. Same thing happened at the 49 minute mark. The Rubick messed up both times and that lost you the fights. Not because the Gyro got caught in a RP alone into a Black Hole but because his teammate couldn't cover him (Rubick). Both those fights were major and lost you the game but Gyro made the right decision to stand in the front and watch your dumb enemies waste their shit on him when he had Satanic. Too bad his teammate sucked.

I also agree with his choice to buy Satanic instead of Butterfly because of the amount of spell damage they have with RP/Black Hole and Wall. He need to survive the stuns and magic damage coming out and I don't think Butterfly would have done that considering most of SF's damage would have come from Requiem because of his Manta Style-Blink Dagger lolDPS. As we saw how the fights panned out, Satanic was the better choice.

His save up for 7k gold was probably because he couldn't access the secret shop and sending courier was risky and he had to stay in base all the time. He probabaly also wans't sure what to buy and also wanted buyback. Sure, I would have probably sent chicken and buy something but by that same argument I wouldn't have ran to the secret shop as Zeus to buy Arcane boots but instead sent chicken.

His split pushing was decent I'd say. He got a lot of towers when they were pushing as five and I saw him getting caught out once the entire time and that was because he was trying to be cute and cut a creep wave to stop the push. Happens to everyone. The time he got caught out bot when everyone was missing was because they smoked from a weird angle and cut him off. Happens to everyone sometimes. He was about to back after that wave.

I'd say he was better than most that game. He was severely outfarming everyone and joined most fights early game where he shoud/could have joined.

I'm not saying he is a great player but he isn't as bad as you make him out to be. I can see him being 5k. His last hitting was on point, his spell usage in fight early game was quite decent and his farming abilities strongest in the game I'd say (of course I take into consideration that he was Gyro). I can't say he was the best player in the game because I wasn't watching everyone's PoV that game but by overall feeling I'd say he was one of the best, if not the best, player in that game.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-05-15 at 02:57 PM.