Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Jester, take the offer. Those who have duplicates have literally no reason to keep owning them.
    You can destroy them for 2 compendium levels at least, or open them and offer them all as recycled items for that silly charm thing.

I mean, I was planning on buying more crates anyway like I said, I kinda wanted all the sets in the end, but the ones I wanted the most I still haven't gotten (Like the Venge set too).

And perhaps with the 11 levels from buying more crates I'll get the immortals I want too, but probably not lol

I know they are unsellable/tradeable or whatever, they can only be gifted once or whatever is the rule right?

I wouldn't mind a dk set keepo

I bought one got jug, im happy
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Etc.
    Two levels from each duplicate isn't going to do more than twist a knife in my heart that it still won't give me NS/SF/Golden Luna, at best.

I don't have duplicates, I just only wanted a couple of sets out of the bunch

so I've seen tons of Ta going for aquila, wouldn't be better a medallion? cost pmuch the same and later u can ugprade it to solar crest, which is insane defensively and offensively with -10 armor + miss chance.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    so I've seen tons of Ta going for aquila, wouldn't be better a medallion? cost pmuch the same and later u can ugprade it to solar crest, which is insane defensively and offensively with -10 armor + miss chance.
    I think aquila because those early stats can be really telling; it's why people in the qualifiers often grabbed 1-2 wraith bands on people like Drow for those early team fights.

Also while I agree Solar Crest is great, you wouldn't get it every single game. Aquila is a bit more versatile than a medallion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    I think aquila because those early stats can be really telling; it's why people in the qualifiers often grabbed 1-2 wraith bands on people like Drow for those early team fights.

Also while I agree Solar Crest is great, you wouldn't get it every single game. Aquila is a bit more versatile than a medallion.
    People spammed wraith bands to abuse her aura. More agility per gold than just going straight for yasha/SnY etc
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Yeah getting more than 1 wraith is a bad idea on pretty much anyone but Drow unless your game is just going REALLY shitty.

Aquila is, like, the singlest most efficient item in the game for agility heroes. It's, what, 18 damage and some health and mana and armor and mana regen and the aura can be activated to help push towers, which is something agility carrys often end up doing while their team distracts with skirmishes. It's very close to a must-buy for all agility carrys. Aquila phase HOD is how you take heroes that hit like noodles and make them hit like mack trucks in a very short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Yeah getting more than 1 wraith is a bad idea on pretty much anyone but Drow unless your game is just going REALLY shitty.
    jungle tb 3 wraith bands most viable build

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    People spammed wraith bands to abuse her aura. More agility per gold than just going straight for yasha/SnY etc
    Oh yeah Drow is probably a bad example. I saw early wraith bands getting picked up (in hindsight it was probably one and not two) quite often though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like playing Drow because i can get off with shit like 3x wraiths and be fine. Used to build 3 bracers way back in allstars dota on Slardar and Naix, worked fine too. But then proper items were added and bracers became irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I like playing Drow because i can get off with shit like 3x wraiths and be fine. Used to build 3 bracers way back in allstars dota on Slardar and Naix, worked fine too. But then proper items were added and bracers became irrelevant.
    Yeah arguable how relevant bracer is now, but its also situational. You really cant say enough about more stats early game. Especially buffers to str that can make the difference between living through early game combo spells (light strike - laguna blade).

Hero like skywrath I think is a good example. Normally you play him as quite a support role buying wards etc. But he really lacks in health and has no armor. This is countered by having really high natural movement speed. But a bracer on him can be really helpful to just give him a bit more tank without breaking the bank.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2015-06-09 at 03:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that bracer is relevant for squishy supports anymore (urn > bracer), str heroes often have better ~1k gold options than bracer, agi heroes don't bother with bracers at all. Most likely i miss something and forget about shadow shaman but anyways, these items used to be early game "pick this to get advantage and suck later in the game" or "well you are screwed and won't bank more than 1k gold, so better this than lose all gold to death", item that is not really worth to buy unless you 100% sure that losing 1 slot for an item that weak won't hurt your late/mid game
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-06-09 at 03:13 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I don't think that bracer is relevant for squishy supports anymore (urn > bracer), str heroes often have better ~1k gold options than bracer, agi heroes don't bother with bracers at all. Most likely i miss something and forget about shadow shaman but anyways, these items used to be early game "pick this to get advantage and suck later in the game", item that is not really worth to buy unless you 100% sure that losing 1 slot for an item that weak won't hurt your late/mid game
    Yeah fair point. Urn is good. I was speaking generally about the buffer to all stats. (granted the only ones that count is str/intell for squishy support). I feel its more a "oh shit im pretty cash starved this game its not going well but I dont want it to totally snowball on me" kind of thing. Shadow shaman is a good example. But generally I skip bracer on him because I get a blood stone. I love soul ring early game and late game blood stone shadow shaman is amazing.

And you can always sell the bracer to free up the slot.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2015-06-09 at 03:23 AM.

so whats everyone think about drums

i used to build it all the time but i havent built it in forever, but it's still good.. right?

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post

i used to build it all the time but i havent built it in forever, but it's still good.. right?
    Pros seem to use it with Sven and gyro a lot.

Tusk drums every time.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah fair point. Urn is good. I was speaking generally about the buffer to all stats. (granted the only ones that count is str/intell for squishy support). I feel its more a "oh shit im pretty cash starved this game its not going well but I dont want it to totally snowball on me" kind of thing. Shadow shaman is a good example. But generally I skip bracer on him because I get a blood stone. I love soul ring early game and late game blood stone shadow shaman is amazing.

And you can always sell it to free up the slot.
    Well, do you really need stats that much, or you need HP and mana? At this point you can pile up some money and get point booster (which is not wasted and spent into bloodstone or aghs later), to get both of them isn't an option wasn't an option previously, when you had to have at least 3 free slots (wards, smoke/TP/dust), so getting both point booster and bracer leaves you with only boots and having to pile up shitton of gold to finish your bloodstone.
    Grats on you being able to rush bloodstone on SS, i just can't do that because i die so fucking often. And probably play SS wrong, i go for blink and gank shit instead of pushing towers like crazy.

I usually go drums on squishy heroes like CM and SS so i don't have to sell Bracer, because you lose about half of the gold you spent on it, it's like dying one more time. But with addition of glimmers cape i often do sacrifice Drums in favor of it and often suck because of it. Drums are no-brainer use, teamfight started? Click. We attack tower? Click. Plus they give neat stats. Glimmers Cape have awesome costly active but meh stats (tho, it still helps you to not die from two casts, but doesn't address BH popping up behind you and murdering you)

- - - Updated - - -

Slardar, Tusk, Sven, some supports. Yeah, it's a good item

The recipe cost increase rekt it as an item in my opinion, haven't bought it more than like 5 times since that nerf. I used to ALWAYS go drums as part of my efficient/cheap core items on squishy carrys, but I'd rather build bigger items now that drums costs like 1900g. It's amazing how even a 100g nerf can feel like too much. The active is decent, but I find it doesn't often make a difference.

I often buy on a support when someone else is picking up on mek, and very rarely on a carry if team is falling behind and I am similarly behind on farm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    The active is decent, but I find it doesn't often make a difference.
    While I reflexively use drums whenever a team fight is happening, the main time I see an impact is chasing down a kill or quickly using to catch someone out of position on a gank or tower dive.