That's a pretty fine overclock. I've also been playing around with my cpu today and managed to push it (not very sucessfully) to 4.5, I tried 4.6 but it wasnt working that great and because I'm not exactly comfortable going over 1.39v on the cpu vcore. 4.5 was stable for a couple of hours then the bsod's started so I just went back to 4.4 as a failsafe.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Just ordered! http://i.imgur.com/WMu5h.png

Now I need to watch some videos on how to drain a water loop...
    Remove pump. Hold it upside down. Let it drain. Then you can start removing tubes, draining them as you go along.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    You're swapping a water loop with a D14?

/confused
    As I'm sure you can imagine, an Arc Midi with a waterloop inside is pretty difficult to move around. I go to a lot of LANs, and I'm sick of it being a huge project to get my computer there, hence the mATX case and the air cooler.

I'm not sure why that should be an issue, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Heavy, awkward, annoying... There are a plethora of adjectives I could use.

I wanted a water loop to say I have experience in building one, I got that experience, time to go something that requires a little less maintenanc and is a little more portable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I would've got an H80 or Kuhler.

Moving cases that have tower coolers (especially D14 which is a mofo of a tower) is risky because the only thing holding the cooler to the mobo is the bracket and heatpipes, you could easily loosen (or even bend) something and temps could suffer. The tower has no real support.

Meanwhile with something like an H80/Kuhler you have no issue because the heatsink is firmly screwed onto the fan mount, and the cooling unit itself is really small.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Moving cases that have tower coolers (especially D14 which is a mofo of a tower) is risky because the only thing holding the cooler to the mobo is the bracket and heatpipes, you could easily loosen (or even bend) something and temps could suffer. The tower has no real support.
    Actually, the TJ08 has an extendable rest that is used to support tower heatsinks.

I'd actually say the H60 if you're not gonna overclock much anyway. Slimmer and nicer looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Actually, the TJ08 has an extendable rest that is used to support tower heatsinks.
    o_O

Well that is new.

It's like they installed that feature purely to slap me (yes, the Xuvial) in the face saying "HA! You're wrong!".

Then I would've got an H80 or Kuhler.
    I would have gone with the H80, but I've seen conflicting reports on whether or not it will fit... Some say it won't fit because the back fan hits the CPU block, others say it will fit even though the fan does hit the CPU block, and then others say it won't fit unless you do some modding (i.e. install one of the fans on the outside of the case).

I'd actually say the H60 if you're not gonna overclock much anyway. Slimmer and nicer looking.
    I'm going to (attempt to) match my current overclock, so 4.6GHz on the 2500K.

Meh, when the case weighs 11 kg on its own before you put 1-2 litres of water and 15 odd kg of kit in it I can imagine not liking moving it around a lot That is 60lb in American.

What I mean is, with a planned build actually made for transportation, that shouldn't have any consequence.

It didn't occur to me before, but maybe noteworthy should've simply gotten these things and installed them on his machine? Alternatively these.

What I mean is, with a planned build actually made for transportation, that shouldn't have any consequence.

It didn't occur to me before, but maybe noteworthy should've simply gotten these things and installed them on his machine? Alternatively these.
    I considered both case handles or a case "strap", but decided against both of them as neither would alleviate the real issue, which was anxiety worrying about tubing coming loose and leaking.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Damn things are hard to find, every shop seems to be out of stock.. I've decided to go with the Xonar DX.
    Good. Everyone here would have made fun of you if you used onboard.

Kind of like how every European here would probably make fun of me if they knew what I drove. Probably a good thing I missed that topic of discussion!
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I considered both case handles or a case "strap", but decided against both of them as neither would alleviate the real issue, which was anxiety worrying about tubing coming loose and leaking.
    You could've fixed that anxiety with compression fittings, tbf...

Quick question: do the budget G series LGA 1155 Pentiums have an internal graphics chip (HD 2000, HD 3000, HD 4000 etc)?

They do, yes.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    By the way folks, late congratulations on reaching over 2,000 avoided possible off-topic discussing posts in the computer forums.

>_>

Half the posts in here are worthy of actual threads over there. lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh this thread is mostly used by us anyway. It's like what we do on facebook but all accumulated into a giant 100+ page thread.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there's only 10 of us in the Facebook group, this allows for many others to not only join in but frankly just, view it.

That group is SECRETTTTTTT
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water