Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    It's in the box, on my bed. It is fine.
    Such a dry answer.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    I wish it was just the luck of the chip, it really has a lot to do with the mobo's power delivery system. I feel like if my chip was lucky I'd be @ 4.8~ w/ 1.365Vcore. Alas 1.4Vcore for 4.8 and 1.29 for 4.5
    I daresay the Asus P8P67 has a fairly decent power-delivery system, though I do wonder if I had a higher-end motherboard how it would fair.

I did find turning on the internal PLL overvoltage was letting 4.5GHz remain stable at 1.38v... x_x
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

I'm almost tempted to switch my K90 for a G19 just because the G19 has the ability to change colors lol. Blue doesn't fit in with the black/red theme I've got going here >.>

If only I knew how to change the LED's safely lol.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    There are red-LED mechanical keyboards as well, mind.
    QPAD MK-85 is red LED with red (standard, but comes in other switches) without costing too much. Tesoro Durandal Ultimate, Ducky are others with red backlighting and all can come with red switches.

Yeah, the reason I was going with a G19 is because I have one sitting in the cupboard collecting dust, though I may look around for a nice deal if I can find one, not particularly keen on changing to a normal keyboard just because of the LED's.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Alright I'm just stopping in to see what everyone thinks. So here's my situation, I have a gigabyte 6950 1GB and a friend is going to buy it for 130 and I'm looking at getting the MSI GTX 670, is it worthwhile to do this upgrade or should I wait until the new 8000/700 series? Also I'll be getting an extra $30 of the card cause of newegg's preferred members thing so I can get it for $345 and then the $130 from my friend will drop it to $215.
    Intel I5-2500k @4.8Ghz| Noctua NH-U9B | Asus P67 Deluxe | 16GB G.SKILL Ares 2133Mhz
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB/1TB | 512GB MX100 | 1TB WD Black x2 | 2TB WD Black |3TB WD Green NAS x2
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | SeasonicX 650 | NXZT H440 | Asus PB278Q | Razor Naga Molten Edition | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK
    Asus Xonar Essense STX | Presonus E5 x2 | Takstar HiFi 2050's

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    I would say that the HD7970 (non-GHz) should be stronger than the GTX 670 in the pricepoint, especially since the huge driver 12.11 improvements for the HD7000-series cards. Depends on which games you wish to pay, but AMD seems to be getting stronger than nVidia in TWIMTBP-games (wheras nVidia is stronger in AMD-branded games, ironically)...
    I prefer Gigabyte when it comes to coolers and warranty - MSI capacitators have a tendencey to coil whine.

For the record, I have a (reference) MSI GTX 680.
    Last edited by tetrisGOAT; 2012-12-19 at 07:52 AM.

Hmm alright yeah the 7970 does look pretty good, I forgot they dropped a bit in price. Which non-Ghz one would you recommend? I'm thinking the gigabyte one but MSI's Twin Frozr I've heard is pretty good to.

Edit: Also I've been wondering if I should wait until the 8000 series but I don't know when that will release and mainly I'm looking to be able to run Far Cry 3 really good and when Crysis 3 comes out I want it to run good.
    Last edited by Iamanerd; 2012-12-19 at 08:17 AM.
    Intel I5-2500k @4.8Ghz| Noctua NH-U9B | Asus P67 Deluxe | 16GB G.SKILL Ares 2133Mhz
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB/1TB | 512GB MX100 | 1TB WD Black x2 | 2TB WD Black |3TB WD Green NAS x2
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | SeasonicX 650 | NXZT H440 | Asus PB278Q | Razor Naga Molten Edition | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK
    Asus Xonar Essense STX | Presonus E5 x2 | Takstar HiFi 2050's

Completely random question:

I'm wanting to reformat my computer, of which is custom-built, and Win 7, if it matters. Upon reformatting, will I have access to the internet (I believe I'm looking for...network card driver? I'm horrible with names of stuff)? It's been forever since I've reformatted a computer, and I've only done so on XP machines. And I assume I'll need to reinstall graphical drivers? Because I don't think I have those disks from the boxes...

If I will need to, is there a file path I should be looking for, so I can save it to a disk or something, to avoid all that hassle?

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Network drivers should be native in Windows 7, or close enough for you to get online and then download the exact ones.
    For every other driver, download them post-install.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Network drivers should be native in Windows 7, or close enough for you to get online and then download the exact ones.
    For every other driver, download them post-install.
    Wasn't true with either asrock- extreme6 or pro3. I couldn't access internet before I had installed the latest LAN drivers from asrock website. Don't know if it's asrock specific problem or what but that was the case with both boards.

If you don't have another pc to browse internet with and want to play it safe, you can download the driver from your motherboard manufacturer's website. Can save it on a usb thumb drive if you have one.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    WoW has been a CPU-bound game for much of its lifetime.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Hm. Has worked fine for my Gigabyte P55A-UD3, my ASUS notebook, my old Acer notebook (Vista) and my friends' notebook (HP). Very well then.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Wasn't true with either asrock- extreme6 or pro3. I couldn't access internet before I had installed the latest LAN drivers from asrock website. Don't know if it's asrock specific problem or what but that was the case with both boards.

If you don't have another pc to browse internet with and want to play it safe, you can download the driver from your motherboard manufacturer's website. Can save it on a usb thumb drive if you have one.
    same was the case with my gigabyte 990fxa ud3 so would be a good idea to make sure you have either access to internet or have it saved beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post

same thing with my R4E, with 7 i had to manually install network drivers, my assumption is that newer boards are too new for the drivers that come with W7, W8 does not have this problem

OT, i've been modding the crap out of skyrim:

continuing screenshot album

93 mods in total so far

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Textures aren't exactly mind-blowing compared to something like Crysis 2 + MaLDoHD, but I like the amount of AA applied. Seeing the images at full scale = still no jaggies, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Textures aren't exactly mind-blowing compared to something like Crysis 2 + MaLDoHD, but I like the amount of AA applied. Seeing the images at full scale = still no jaggies, nice.
    honestly i think skyrim is just too big to bring to to the level of crysis 2 + maldohd, mainly because crysis is a linear shooter, and skyrim is a sandbox, so as a single project it definitely too big for a single person or even a small team, so the other method is the current one, where multiple people handle different areas with different mods, the problem is that some areas never get touched, and there is inconsistent results

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

For you Europeans, there is a really nice offer at a Finnish store..
    ENGTX680 DC2OC

As far as I recall, they ship the products fast and to a long range.
    guchi ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    For you Europeans, there is a really nice offer at a Finnish store..
    ENGTX680 DC2OC

As far as I recall, they ship the products fast and to a long range.
    Actually made a thread for posts like that recently: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ad-Daily-Deals!

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    speaking of which, MaLDoHD still has some major issues, despite what he thinks, it's not final, i can't exactly set a good resolution here:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    speaking of which, MaLDoHD still has some major issues, despite what he thinks, it's not final, i can't exactly set a good resolution here:
    As far as I know stay away from his "configurator" (or whatever it's called) tool which allows you to change graphical settings beyond the scope of the game.

A fresh install could also fix your stuff. It's Crysis 2 as a game which is bugged up the butt, I did a reinstall > Install DX11 patch > Install the texture pack provided by Crytek. And THEN I installed MaLDoHD.