Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Hm, as in an equal amount or an offset. I've noticed that the spread is always somewhat uneven.
    No ideas tbh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnWMlcB3nTg he did something. Usually what I did was: when mounting the block just applying some pressure on the backplate. Those hydro coolers are performing much better wattage wise eg 150W 1155 vs 150W on LGA2011. I never felt any heat coming from the rad with lga1155 SB no matter which clock, till I upgraded to S2011 and the difference was clearly noticeable. The block did never feel warm on 1155.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Benchmarks dont show the whole story either to be honest. Ive played games where 30 fps felt amazing, couldnt tell a difference between it or 60 fps, on the other hand ive played games where 60 fps felt like 10, its all about how well the game is coded and its possible just one or two settings could be the culprit.
    ...is to me a completely meaningless statement. Making bold claims about the performance of a card rather than linking to benchmarks is to me systematically as faulty if not even more faulty than the benchmarks can be.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bought something from newegg Saturday, but they must have really been busy with blackfriday/byber monday because it's status is still "packaging", I did not know that it took 2/3 days to package an item:P.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    From another thread...

Ive had excellent luck with biostar
    Anecdotal evidence and also you shouldn't be relying on luck. which three boards was it? which board are you currently using in your rig?

You never answered this:

What do you mean by same quality of components?
    Just not sure which quality components you're referring to and what difference they make.

- - - Updated - - -

Also kinda curious about the whole 30 vs 60 fps, what were your thoughts on this?

http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2013-12-05 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post

Also kinda curious about the whole 30 vs 60 fps, what were your thoughts on this?

http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/
    After 5 seconds my eyes are getting exhausted making it impossible for me to see the difference. Then I changed the velocity of the background to zero and the objects to 200p/x; the moon at 30 fps just seems to be blurry that's all and moving slower. Seeing the same difference between 120 fps & 60 fps, I'm playing shooters for nearly a year on 120Hz and if I see dips to 90-100 I'm noticing it immediately so it's kinda a bad comparison imo.

For me the 60fps ball image is clearer while the 30 fps is lacking any detail and looks blurred out.

In other news, I think I may get another one of these coolers for my 6970 as well. It's much cooler and much quieter than the sapphire cooler.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-12-05 at 06:17 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i think noone is questioning that the whole "your eyes can only see 24fps, therefore it's pointless to have more than 30" is bullshit.
    The more frames per second, the smoother and clearer the image gets.\

Also updated my post again;
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post21745430

I'm trying to find a ASUS gtx680 or 780 brace somewhere. That sagging is starting to get severe.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-12-05 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious how many people like to turn off all programs that try to auto-update? I don't allow Flash, Windows, FireFox, iTunes or anything to auto-update and kinda get offended if a program is designed to do it. I'll do whatever it takes to break it (restricting access to the service or disabling it) so I can choose when to update.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Just curious how many people like to turn off all programs that try to auto-update? I don't allow Flash, Windows, FireFox, iTunes or anything to auto-update and kinda get offended if a program is designed to do it. I'll do whatever it takes to break it (restricting access to the service or disabling it) so I can choose when to update.
    You don't really need to update unless there is security reasons, desirable performance or in other words needs.

Honestly, updating things breaks programs more often than it helps them for me. I refuse Spotify for this reason, for instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also do this, mostly because sometimes (Itunes) the update completely changes the program without your approval. I've noticed that flash no longer gives you the option to disable auto-updating during the installation lol. So i understand when you say you're offended by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    I also do this, mostly because sometimes (Itunes) the update completely changes the program without your approval. I've noticed that flash no longer gives you the option to disable auto-updating during the installation lol. So i understand when you say you're offended by it.
    It does now. Check it again; I just installed it today on my new work laptop and the option is back again \o/

I allow browsers to auto-update because they (firefox) do it in the background and don't annoy me with "UPDATE ME NOW BITCH!" messages. I took the java update utility off auto run because it triggers the UAC warning.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same here pretty much, but I have a feeling you're a little more serious about it. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I allow browsers to auto-update because they (firefox) do it in the background and don't annoy me with "UPDATE ME NOW BITCH!" messages. I took the java update utility off auto run because it triggers the UAC warning.
    You use UAC? :P

I find that so completely annoying.

In other news, bought a gb windforce 7870 for mining litecoin(and/or whatever is next), and turns out that it was the last 7000 series card left in the shop, they're absolutely sold out everywhere.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I bought something from newegg Saturday, but they must have really been busy with blackfriday/byber monday because it's status is still "packaging", I did not know that it took 2/3 days to package an item:P.
    Due to local operation disruption, packages not unloaded from trailer, expect a one day business day delay
    What? Nooooooooooooo. It was supposed to be here Today but now it is getting pushed back Wednesday.

Maybe because of the Newegg delay and the UPS delay I can get something out of this, like free shipping or something.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Galaxy S4 arrived much to my great excitement. I'd probably say I have fairly sharp vision (well just the left eye, right eye is largely useless :P), and no matter how closely I look at the screen the PPI is so incredible that I can't see any pixels in even the smallest of fonts. It would take a microscope.

But the software. Oh my god the software. I thought buying a new laptop and having to deal with the bloatware was bad, but I had to literally start FIGHTING with the phone the moment I connected it to the internet. It started downloading and installing like 30 different apps + widgets (on TOP of all the shit the phone already comes with), none of which I could manually remove! It started eating-up the phone RAM and battery life like crazy.
    It's probably partially my fault because this is my first ever smartphone (yes, I'm very late to the game) so I didn't know what a lot of the Android "lingo" meant in terms of settings, or what are the common steps to take to minimize bloatware. It's like a miniature computer with it's own list of background tasks and services running, but I have no idea what is safe to force-disable and what isn't. It doesn't seem to give any hint as to whether the service/application is crucial to the phone's operation or not.

Then there was the constant Google+ and Google Play trying to push it's way in whenever it could. Going to have to do a lot of reading and research into how I'm supposed to get this phone running with absolutely minimal processes, apps and how to work with Android.

I eventually got it connected to my NAS over Wifi, so it could stream + play all my videos and music while not requiring anything to be on the phone's drive. Unfortunately streaming some of the 1080p stuff proved problematic because the Wifi signal is too weak from downstairs (understandable, too much stuff in the way). Thinking about getting a cheap access point / extender for upstairs.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-12-06 at 08:15 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Root it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Root it.
    Wat

See this is what I mean by not knowing phone lingo -_-

Gain root access on your phone meaning giving you "admin rights". Then you could install a custom ROM (another version of the operating system) instead of SamsungTouchWiz-default android

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, alright I'll dig into that...but it doesn't sound like something Samsung/Google would be very happy about. I'll only ask whether that would interfere with warranty - does it?