10+ Year Old Account
    The oddball in me says $6k for a monitor instead. >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I think im going to finally get a new computer case. Im thinking either the Fractal design define r5 or S. I would like a nice quiet pc. Anyone else got any other case suggestions? I might as well get a new heatsink for my cpu while im at it, any good ones you can recommend? I think my heatsink is the loudest out of all my fans.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I don't really have any specific recommendations, but I sincerely suggest making sure the fans are actually replaceable. Some of those clip designs only really work with specific fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I don't really have any specific recommendations, but I sincerely suggest making sure the fans are actually replaceable. Some of those clip designs only really work with specific fans.

And yeah, those rubber corners on Noctua fans are quite annoying when you have to use those clips.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post

And yeah, those rubber corners on Noctua fans are quite annoying when you have to use those clips.
    Speaking of which, for some reason I thought getting the super strong tape. So later I end up finding out why people don't use it. It is too strong. I use it on things then try to take it off, I end up tearing w/e I taped to it rather than the tape. >.<
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Speaking of which, for some reason I thought getting the super strong tape. So later I end up finding out why people don't use it. It is too strong. I use it on things then try to take it off, I end up tearing w/e I taped to it rather than the tape. >.<
    Used some duck tape on my old ikea table. When I ripped it off it took the paint with it. That shit is strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit too strong at points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The oddball in me says $6k for a monitor instead. >.>
    A little more and you can go with this

I would personally consider two monitors or even three for that sum rather than just the one.
    If I didn't need it for work, that is. Then 6k is arguably not much.
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Im buying the Fractal Design Define S with a Noctua NH-D14 heatsink. I will be replace the fans on the Noctua(for some reason they decided to put different sizes of fans on it...), but place them somewhere else in the case. I did get a nice price match saving me like $15.10 and should be getting a 20$ gift card. Sadly I'm going to have to let my cd drive to the pastor, as the S does not have any external bays, but who needs them now days? I might just hand it off to a friend that is trying to make his own pc(I convinced him).

1) Why not the D15?

2) Having the D14, I don't see the issue with having different sized fans - they'd have the bigger one on both, but they wanted RAM clearance

3) Why move the fans elsewhere?
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    As a completely unbiased thermalright silver arrow owner I say go with one of those instead. Better looking fans for sure!

Also yay, speakers arrived. :> Sounding pretty good so far, just need to clear some room on my table to get them a bit further apart.

Ps. Will this be enough for legion?
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2016-02-19 at 12:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    1) Why not the D15?

2) Having the D14, I don't see the issue with having different sized fans - they'd have the bigger one on both, but they wanted RAM clearance

3) Why move the fans elsewhere?
    Well, 15 much mor expensive on ncix than other websites. The different fans on 14 causes it to make just a little extra noise because they run slightly at different speeds. I want to achieve a quiet pc through what Im buying, ive just realized how loud my pc has been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Well, 15 much mor expensive on ncix than other websites. The different fans on 14 causes it to make just a little extra noise because they run slightly at different speeds. I want to achieve a quiet pc through what Im buying, ive just realized how loud my pc has been.
    I know this feeling, my graphic's card sounds like a turbine if it puts the fan higher than 40% speed....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    I know this feeling, my graphic's card sounds like a turbine if it puts the fan higher than 40% speed....
    Yeah, my graphics card is reasonably quite, atleast quite enough to not be heard over my loud cpu heatsink.

It seems like Ncix is not giving me that pricenmatch, so I will probably just buy it else where. I might end up not getting that Noctua heatsink, there was a nice huge one I was going to get which was a bit cheaper(Sycthe Kotetsu). Though I already bought those extra two fans, oh well more the merrier eh?

Edit: Yeah, I canceled the order, when I get home ill buy something else.
    Last edited by apepi; 2016-02-19 at 09:28 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    As a completely unbiased thermalright silver arrow owner I say go with one of those instead. Better looking fans for sure!

Also yay, speakers arrived. :> Sounding pretty good so far, just need to clear some room on my table to get them a bit further apart.

Ps. Will this be enough for legion?
    idk which speakers did you get?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Too big for me.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Already asked elsewhere, but remembered not all of you are around on that platform.

First world problem time. I'm building a computer for a friend. One of the things I'm thinking of doing is passing on my current Samsung SSD to the build, and get myself a bigger one for myself. But I'm at a loss which to pick...
    - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB (regular m.2)
    - Samsung 850 Evo 1TB (SATA)
    - Samsung 950 Pro 512GB (nvme m.2)

NVME
    NVME
    NVME
    NVME
    NVME

for ALL THE SPEEDS! (and less cable management needed)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Already asked elsewhere, but remembered not all of you are around on that platform.

First world problem time. I'm building a computer for a friend. One of the things I'm thinking of doing is passing on my current Samsung SSD to the build, and get myself a bigger one for myself. But I'm at a loss which to pick...
    - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB (regular m.2)
    - Samsung 850 Evo 1TB (SATA)
    - Samsung 950 Pro 512GB (nvme m.2)
    Okay lets be honest here, will you really notice the difference how much faster it will be? Will you actually be able to take advantage of it? My 830(if I remember correctly), is still performing like a champ. I am just not sure if there is even real world performance in super fast ssds anymore. I could be wrong, I have not checked up on them lately, but I suggest you to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    idk which speakers did you get?
    White ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley
    But I'm at a loss which to pick...
    The 1TB sata for storage and nvme m.2 for OS. Problem solved!