Worse yet, why wasn't an AC adapter included to begin with?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Wow that's dumb. Why the hell did they make a keyboard that needs more power than standard USB...
    ALL DUH LEDs
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Hang on a second...

You're telling me that your game will only run at 30 FPS in some fucked up 2.35:1 resolution, so I get black bars letterboxing the game on my 16:9 screen if I don't fuck around in configuration files (like I don't do enough of that at work), and that to run it at 1080p I'm going to need 4 fucking gigabytes of RAM on my graphics card? Did they get a 15 year old on their school work placement to optimize the textures for them?

Anybody want to take up a bet that the "don't change it from 30 FPS, for realsies" warning is for the same reason that you shouldn't change the framerate on NFS-Rivals?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDA37BmvNwM

Fuck Ubisoft, fuck Bethesda, fuck EA. Rockstar can go fuck themselves as well. Microsoft and Sony can go bugger a food processor too; they're the ones responsible for the "next-gen" consoles having slower hardware than laptops did 4 bloody years ago.
    Not the first NFS-game connecting some of their physics (or in this case, all of the physics!) to the frame rate. Some lazy guys doing those games. In my experience, any game capped to 30fps usually starts behaving odd if you go around it. Lazy solution but yeah

By impression I'd say games published by EA and Ubisoft have no care for the PC ports they're doing and should probably simply not be bought.

Regarding the Bethesda-game. Them insisting on both the cinematic aspect ratio and close to cinematic frame-rate (24 just wouldn't hold on a 60Hz computer monitor) leads me to give them the benefit of the doubt and seeing it as an artistic choice. If they're truly designing a game with 30 fps, and a lower pace, in mind, it could be an ok move.

Games like Need For Speed make me question the requirements for getting into game development. I mean, if your physics go full chipmunk if you have double the framerate... it means each frame is "a fixed unit of time". In other words, the more fps the faster the game goes.

That's really old-school programming. We've been treating each frame as 'a varying amount of time' since, what, Half Life? How did game programming become so degenerate? Most physics engines are locked to 60 max fps, but until you're there it's using delta time (the measure of time between frames).

It just boggles my mind that games like NFS: Rivals even exist, because it's a glaring piece of incompetence when not only does someone not know about delta-time, nobody tries to correct it. Instead they rig the game to not exceed "reasonable limits". That's just ridiculous. It's wrong. If this was a creature you would kill it out of mercy. Yet somehow this got the approval to be put on the market.

Remember when games tied things to the motherboard time (kinda) that was linked to FSB, so overclocking lead to some hilarious results? Ah, the 90s.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Worse yet, why wasn't an AC adapter included to begin with?
    Money? Shoddy engineering?

Wow that's dumb. Why the hell did they make a keyboard that needs more power than standard USB...
    It was supposed to only need an ac adapter if you used the usb pass through, but after a while it kept dieing on me because of the led lights.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Remember when games tied things to the motherboard time (kinda) that was linked to FSB, so overclocking lead to some hilarious results? Ah, the 90s.
    Was a kid back then so I never got to over clock then. I do laugh my ass off when game devs tie the game speed with the fps, I think need for speed did that with the new one I believe.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Was a kid back then so I never got to over clock then. I do laugh my ass off when game devs tie the game speed with the fps, I think need for speed did that with the new one I believe.
    We were talking about that very game just now.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    You want fast gaming? Install SimCity 2000 on an overclocked Sandy Bridge or higher Core i5/i7 and set the game speed to African Swallow. I guarantee results.

Here's a post from a GameFAQ about this setting:

African Swallow (available only in the Windows version)
    ===================
    Windows Hotkey: Ctrl+4
    DOS Shortcut: N/A

This is the fastest setting available in the Windows version of SC2K. Unlike
    the previously mentioned speed settings, this one is limited only by your
    computer's processing power. Consequently the rate will vary considerably on
    different computers. On my Dell Dimension 2100 with a P3 and 256mb RAM, the
    fastest speed I've seen is about 6 months/second. When the window is minimized,
    however, that skyrockets to 1 century every 13 seconds. With the Windows
    version it is not at all unrealistic to hit 5 or 6-digit years (how I tested
    radiation decay, actually).
    red panda red panda red panda!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remind me tetrisGOAT... exactly how old are you? >_>
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

So I've finally decided on this for my next buy.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Ok after reading all his posts, I calculated that he's approximately 140 years old give or take 120 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Gigabyte went completely nuts with the ports on that thing :O
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Gigabyte went completely nuts with the ports on that thing :O
    Yep, its made for inux isnt it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Ok after reading all his posts, I calculated that he's approximately 140 years old give or take 120 years.
    260 years is correct, how did you know? :O But my age is listed in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Speaking of Gigabyte 970s, they have launched a mITX one
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2014-10-21 at 01:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Incoming tech rant!

Okay guys I want to point out one of the stupidest things like ever. The cost for the Nexus 9 will be 399$, okay that is reasonable. But for Nexus 6(unlocked)? 650(unlocked). What the fuck? How can the price of the phone(while it is a phablet) be more expensive then the bigger version 9?

Even when you look at the specs, Tegra 1k is better than Snapdragon, While Nexus 6 has a little better resolution(at these sizes it does not matter), Nexus 6 does have more memory(not worth the insane cost price), Nexus 9 has a better battery life(while it might take more), Nexus 6 has a better camera, and Nexus 6 has 1 more gb of ram, but this is no fucking reason for it to cost more than the bigger one. My best guess? Because they sell them so low to phone companies for contracts, they make the price for those off contract(and punishes people who don't). This is totally idiotic.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Tablets are always less than phones though? :P
    It's also harder to build in same/same in smaller.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tablets are always less than phones though? :P
    It's also harder to build in same/same in smaller.
    I mean they are, it does not mean I can't bitch about it.

I mean it is a smaller enclosure, but I really doubt 3 inches would not make that much difference. How much would you pay to have 3 less inches?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad NZ prices are finally getting reasonable...

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/comp...p?partid=23097

(not)

Apparently $1 USD = $1.27 NZD. I call bullshit -_-
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/comp...p?partid=23097

(not)

Apparently $1 USD = $1.27 NZD. I call bullshit -_-
    Exchange rates are only the tip of the iceberg. You also have import regulations, tariffs, tax, fees, levies, cost adjustment for cost of living, etc etc etc. It's all part of "free" trade.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Hahaha, no. Just no.
    I bet they will sell anyway. Have they gotten more than 512 colours yet?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha, no. Just no.
    I bet they will sell anyway. Have they gotten more than 512 colours yet?
    In led Lighting? I doubt it.

Quick question, is there any way possible on an android to listen to two things at a time? Say like a podcast and music?