Thread: I Am Blood DPS

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well... I can begin to see how it all works out. Considering that vengeance can give you up to 15k attack power (Roughly double), your diseases, death and decay, and death coil can hit REALLY hard, on par with unholy.

Those 70k death strike crits on any boss with >60 rp are absolutely sick. (With a 378 mind you)

I should try this for shits and giggles, I just need FUCKING GURTHALAK! (It has only dropped 3 times in 3 months, lost em all).
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    Could you describe your rotation in a bit more detailed way please?

seems that the set bonuses are useless to you? So maybe other non set plate gear would be better choice for you?

Deleted
    You wont ever benefit from dps set bonuses with Blood tho. Isn't that a concern?

Not very surprised about this, i've been doing LFR in full DPS gear and pulling off numbers like 43k on ultraxion/58k on zon'ozz/60k on madness/40k on spine etc.
    But why aren't you tanking stuff in this specc though (rune strike and always a full vengeance bar), i've found that i can even get away with half DPS gear on some 25HC fights in DS that i tank. I can imagine that normal10/25 DS will be alot easier to tank in DPS gear, although you might want to adjust you'r specc a little bit for that.
    That's also the reason why you're seeing so much blood DK's doing insane amounts of DPS in normal and hc DS, they are just pushing the limits of how much survivability they can swap out for DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinc Metals View Post
    However, there is bigotry you couldn't dream of that I get. Not only in raids too, but even Heroics where it should matter less. The hate is not even a rare occasion, but every other Heroic where someone goes nuts on me. I've been kicked out of a groups that I'm doing 2x - 3x anyone's DPS and we are more than half way thru... and suddenly someone realizes my spec. I don't even have to say a word to cause this to crop up. I've had stalkers, ignore jumpers, server switchers to whisper me hate, and even death threats. It gets out of hand at times and I have to report. Want to see how fast a GM will respond to me these days because it's real? It's pretty fast, and I'm not kidding. Try to trust me, this hate is beyond what I've even seen on worst forum days. That's why I've only now gotten a Normal crack on Madness.
    I'll be honest, I thought this was a joke and that you were a very good troll when I started reading your post and then I got to this. This paragraph pretty much sums up vanilla WoW for me, a Druid tank who didn't feel the need to follow the "herd" and heal. It was no easy task finding people willing to put their trust in a Druid tank back then, and though I often got compliments on my tanking, I was still considered in the wrong for going against the grain. Kudos to you for doing what you enjoy and not letting others bring you down. It is afterall, a game, and games should be fun.
    Last edited by Bearshield; 2012-03-10 at 04:30 PM.

Your armory shows that you dont really have much experience with any content except LFR
    you have no heroic kills even in firelands which was nerfed to the ground.
    How are you basing your competitive DPS with blood spec? Target dummy?

Yes jacking your stats up to do dps will of course increase your dps this isnt theorycrafting this is just common sense.
    The blood spec no matter how you gem.enchant.reforge. does not hold a candle to someone playing unholy/frost with the same ilvl of equal skill

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Could you describe your rotation in a bit more detailed way please?
    It's either Death Strike as top priority, and using Heart Strike only for the occasional Blood Rune
    Or it's Heart Strike as top priority, and Death Strike to turn F and U-runes to Death Runes.

Death Coil as RP-dump is a no-brainer, although you probably want to stay above 40% RP all the time.
    Last edited by Pope; 2012-03-10 at 04:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestux View Post
    "If you use blood as dps, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters,people who talk at the theater and frost mages that pve."

-Shepherd Derrial Book
    "if you'd prefer a lecture, I've a few very catchy ones prepped. Sin and hellfire. One has lepers"

i do disagree though, i tend to see blood tanks putting out almost as much damage as the dpsers, i'm sure that it'd be very effective when geared correctly

Deleted
    Maxa of US Ysera (If you want to Armoy)

This is not a troll. I have been Blood DPS since 4.2. I retired my Ret Paladin and switched to Death Knight. I switched because I was going to go Frost DK since they did more dps in FL and were in more demand. Prior to Paladin changes that made them better and smoother DPS curve. I had vast experience in Wrath as Blood DPS and level a new DK again as Blood. From 55 - 80 I found Blood to be doing more dmg. I told myself I would change over to Frost at 85. However, upon reaching 81-85 I was still great for dmg. Each time while leveling I incorperated changes on each move in how to make it work.

What brings me to the forum today?

After lurking on these forums for awhile and having comparing DPS outputs in threads for awhile, I am more confident than ever it competes. It is a strong competition in DPS for it's current ilvl of 390. I have always felt this, and my own theorycraft and pratice has shown it to myself time and again.

I have utilized several DPS tools such as Recount. A lot of web simulators cannot effectively account or allow me to for optimum gear or priroities/rotation. I have to do a lot of work by hand and in my head to consider gear, and reforging. I have had to roughly figure my own stat weights, and am still consider a lot of "pratice" to see what works in the field when I aquire new gear. An example would be that Max DPS won't let me even set Blood to DPS or edit DPS stats to consider gear. Simcraft just cannot sim it! Mr Robot used to be able to let me edit all the weights and caps to do so before it's revision. Now, if I leave it as blood and edit it to DPS it crashes the web page every time.

Now down to business.

What is my Output in DS? That greatly depends on the Boss. Most prominently is having +10% Haste is the biggest boon I can get in a raid setting. Ulx is 35k-40k depending on 10 or 25. I recently put out a Madness of 57K. However, it was the first time I was allowed there on Normal. I know I am compitent and very competitive DPS. When given a chance I show it and shine. I know I can do more on Madness, given more pratice (of which LFR is not good pratice IMO!).

However, there is bigotry you couldn't dream of that I get. Not only in raids too, but even Heroics where it should matter less. The hate is not even a rare occasion, but every other Heroic where someone goes nuts on me. I've been kicked out of a groups that I'm doing 2x - 3x anyone's DPS and we are more than half way thru... and suddenly someone realizes my spec. I don't even have to say a word to cause this to crop up. I've had stalkers, ignore jumpers, server switchers to whisper me hate, and even death threats. It gets out of hand at times and I have to report. Want to see how fast a GM will respond to me these days because it's real? It's pretty fast, and I'm not kidding. Try to trust me, this hate is beyond what I've even seen on worst forum days. That's why I've only now gotten a Normal crack on Madness.

If you have question how it does it's damage, pros and cons. I'll be happy to answer them. I'll list a few things to begin with.

One key to majority of the Avg DPS comes in the Burst. Getting it right or not can make a 10K difference. The burst is a frontload as high as I estimate from several diff bosses ~80K on single target. Pretty much reminds me of old Ret Burst in 4.2. Major components are DRW, Outbreak, DS, ERW, and helps to have Veng for more.

Fire = Good! Strangest part of the build is I note Veng counts dmg before AMS or IBF. I will take the Fire or other big bad with one or both up and recieve atk power buff. Perfect example is I will purposely eat Hour of Twilight for mere 27K (AMS and IBF both up) on Normal DS. Lets me stay out there longer than others, and I get max Veng in an instant. I learn on each boss what I can and cannot take or what to do to get the bonus. If it plops fire or breathes fire, I might be there.

Survivability. Death Strike. You know the drill. It heals. It really heals. Think what I said above. A healer has the least amount of worry, if any, about me. I can eat the big bad with a CD and recoup any loss. Splash Dmg? Bah, bonus dmg for me, keep it up boss. Hit me and "ME RAGE!". Couple with Bone Shield, IBF, AMS... and Blood Pres in a pinch (Edit: I only do that if solo or tank down and no BRes)

AoE. Turns out Blood DPS is an AoE Monster. I've only seen (not that other classes might do more) in groups I have run with a Rogue do more with those damn daggers. Think about this fellow DKs... DRW + Outbreak + HS with Atk Power of a Frost DK. If ERW is up... If I have Veng... it gets sick in a hurry. From math to pratice, IMO it's #1 or #2 AoE dmg.

So, let's discuss this civily please. I'll explain what I can, when I can. Thank you.
    anything really i would to see logged. If you can get that bloodspec to work hard you might even break some records.

Pretty interesting. Might try
    HS > DS you say?

I remember someone had a similar thread to this on the DK forums last patch.. never knew what happened to it.
    OP has my full support in this endeavor though, I may try it myself at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbsy999 View Post
    Pretty interesting. Might try
    HS > DS you say?
    HS does more DPR (damage per rune).
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd be interested to see some numbers, and hear a little more about your rotation. Maybe I'll break down and play around with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    HS does more DPR (damage per rune).
    Even with 100 RP and GoDS?

This feels like the ultimate troll post, to see how many people OP can get to "spec blood dps" and then trolololol.

Do you do any PvP?

And, if so, are you modifying your spec talents and glyphs to accomodate?

Three things: 1) I have a hard time believing that any group would kick you if you had competitive/superior rankings on the damage meters to back yourself up. 2) I was with you up to where you started taking about staying in fire for a damage buff. That's irresponsible. It places more strain on the healers (aka, makes someone else's life more difficult). You'd earn a vote kick for that. Heck, maybe that's the real reason you are getting kicked. 3) Another reason you might be getting kicked is the fear that you'd be rolling on tank gear.

I use Unholy Presence. I do not currently use Rune Strike at all. I have considered it, if I could get away with it. Seems too much risk to use Rune Strike for now.I have not considered it yet. I only know of FRAPS at the moment. I believe I need money to record something long enough for people to see an entire fight. Currently on a very tight budget.
    Try using Bandicam, it's what I use. You can pay for it like fraps, however the free version is what I use. It allows you to record up to 10 min per vid, and just displays the website name at the top of the vid which is barely noticeable.

Maxa of US Ysera (If you want to Armoy)

This is not a troll. I have been Blood DPS since 4.2. I retired my Ret Paladin and switched to Death Knight. I switched because I was going to go Frost DK since they did more dps in FL and were in more demand. Prior to Paladin changes that made them better and smoother DPS curve. I had vast experience in Wrath as Blood DPS and level a new DK again as Blood. From 55 - 80 I found Blood to be doing more dmg. I told myself I would change over to Frost at 85. However, upon reaching 81-85 I was still great for dmg. Each time while leveling I incorperated changes on each move in how to make it work.

What brings me to the forum today?

After lurking on these forums for awhile and having comparing DPS outputs in threads for awhile, I am more confident than ever it competes. It is a strong competition in DPS for it's current ilvl of 390. I have always felt this, and my own theorycraft and pratice has shown it to myself time and again.

I have utilized several DPS tools such as Recount. A lot of web simulators cannot effectively account or allow me to for optimum gear or priroities/rotation. I have to do a lot of work by hand and in my head to consider gear, and reforging. I have had to roughly figure my own stat weights, and am still consider a lot of "pratice" to see what works in the field when I aquire new gear. An example would be that Max DPS won't let me even set Blood to DPS or edit DPS stats to consider gear. Simcraft just cannot sim it! Mr Robot used to be able to let me edit all the weights and caps to do so before it's revision. Now, if I leave it as blood and edit it to DPS it crashes the web page every time.

Now down to business.

What is my Output in DS? That greatly depends on the Boss. Most prominently is having +10% Haste is the biggest boon I can get in a raid setting. Ulx is 35k-40k depending on 10 or 25. I recently put out a Madness of 57K. However, it was the first time I was allowed there on Normal. I know I am compitent and very competitive DPS. When given a chance I show it and shine. I know I can do more on Madness, given more pratice (of which LFR is not good pratice IMO!).

If you have question how it does it's damage, pros and cons. I'll be happy to answer them. I'll list a few things to begin with.

One key to majority of the Avg DPS comes in the Burst. Getting it right or not can make a 10K difference. The burst is a frontload as high as I estimate from several diff bosses ~80K on single target. Pretty much reminds me of old Ret Burst in 4.2. Major components are DRW, Outbreak, DS, ERW, and helps to have Veng for more.

Fire = Good! Strangest part of the build is I note Veng counts dmg before AMS or IBF. I will take the Fire or other big bad with one or both up and recieve atk power buff. Perfect example is I will purposely eat Hour of Twilight for mere 27K (AMS and IBF both up) on Normal DS. Lets me stay out there longer than others, and I get max Veng in an instant. I learn on each boss what I can and cannot take or what to do to get the bonus. If it plops fire or breathes fire, I might be there.

Survivability. Death Strike. You know the drill. It heals. It really heals. Think what I said above. A healer has the least amount of worry, if any, about me. I can eat the big bad with a CD and recoup any loss. Splash Dmg? Bah, bonus dmg for me, keep it up boss. Hit me and "ME RAGE!". Couple with Bone Shield, IBF, AMS... and Blood Pres in a pinch (Edit: I only do that if solo or tank down and no BRes)

AoE. Turns out Blood DPS is an AoE Monster. I've only seen (not that other classes might do more) in groups I have run with a Rogue do more with those damn daggers. Think about this fellow DKs... DRW + Outbreak + HS with Atk Power of a Frost DK. If ERW is up... If I have Veng... it gets sick in a hurry. From math to pratice, IMO it's #1 or #2 AoE dmg.

So, let's discuss this civily please. I'll explain what I can, when I can. Thank you.
    well, thats very interesting that youve decided to go blood dps. i couldnt help but think that its an incredibly selfish thing to do. "i like blood, im playing blood. i try and take extra damage (to stack vengeance) and put added pressure on the healers because i like playing blood, rather than just learning to play a viable dps spec (that does MORE dps and takes LESS dmg)"