View Poll Results: Do you get into a fight?

Voters
155. This poll is closed
  • Yes, its on bitch!!!

70 45.16%
  • No, I would rather walk away, its not worth it.

75 48.39%
  • I would rather lip wrestle with the Handsome Stranger!!! (Females only please!!!)

10 6.45%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I would try walking away, as Im not a big fan of violence. However If the guy kept coming at me I'll gladly whoop his ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that depends on how big the guy is. I have fairly good size myself, but if he's a jacked up 400lb maniac, then yeah... I'd probably do my best to walk away and not get killed. If I were to fight back though, I wouldn't first push back like you suggest. I'd just go at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catharlex View Post
    I let the idiot hit me three times. After that point, it's legally self defense and I beat him to a pulp. Then I call the cops.

If he refuses to hit me three times, I walk away. It's not worth my time or effort at that point.
    You'll let him hit you three times? Sounds like the idiot here is you. You could easily be knocked out in a single hit, let alone 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    You'll let him hit you three times? Sounds like the idiot here is you. You could easily be knocked out in a single hit, let alone 3.
    Before three hits, it isn't legally self defense. I've known multiple friends who have gotten charged after they went back at a guy after one hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Catharlex View Post
    Before three hits, it isn't legally self defense. I've known multiple friends who have gotten charged after they went back at a guy after one hit.
    So? walk away never occurred to you? And I think fighting it out in court over whether you were defending yourself or not is a much better option than your family fighting it out in court because you died from brain injuries when your knocked out body hit the concrete and killed you.

option 4. call the cops bro. nothing is better than watching someone get hauled off by police, except watching them get tazed while it happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

How bad can it be? Death is all that awaits...

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose I'd flash my glock 19 that I conceal carry and blow him a kiss?

But really, I would go to great lengths to avoid physical conflict. If I felt that I was in imminent danger of great harm or death, I would absolutely pummel them into the ground and I would not stop until the threat was neutralized.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    So? walk away never occurred to you? And I think fighting it out in court over whether you were defending yourself or not is a much better option than your family fighting it out in court because you died from brain injuries when your knocked out body hit the concrete and killed you.
    The other half of my first post you quoted -

"If he refuses to hit me three times, I walk away. It's not worth my time or effort at that point."

Deleted
    I'd fight back...

I have no real respect for laws that stand in the way of defending yourself, and if they'd send me to jail for taking care of my own damn self and fighting back when attacked, so be it.

Seriously tho, why wouldnt you fight back? I mean... if the person is really hell bent on beating you up, you got nothing to lose...

No, I cant understand the whole, running away is smart, idea... It will just make you look like an easy target.

People like that are really simple, beat em up once, and they usally leave you alone, strenght is all that matters to them usally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not an aggressive person and I never go looking for trouble. That said, if somebody pushes me down on the street, I wouldn't stand up and push him back. I'd kick his knee backward and use every dirty move I know to leave him unconscious. And if nobody's looking, he's losing his wallet, watch, and shoes, too.

Who is this person and why did this person decide to do such a thing?

"I'd like you to meet my friend, Mr. 1911"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    But really, I would go to great lengths to avoid physical conflict. If I felt that I was in imminent danger of great harm or death, I would absolutely pummel them into the ground and I would not stop until the threat was neutralized.
    Would you then stand there and calmly say, "Threat neutralized." ? Because that, sir, would be EPIC. =D

If someone random pushed me to the ground I would get back up and clock them. Although I fight MMA so one punch and they might be in the morgue which would not look good for me, unless the guy pushing you down is not the average guy.

this happened to me in high school, actually. during lunch hour, some 300 lb meat head was out for a jog, and pushed me out of his way without stopping. i was with friends. friends who thrived on getting into fights. long story short, they went biblical on him, stones and all. he ran off.

had i been alone, nothing wouldve happened.
    Last edited by tantojutsu; 2012-03-13 at 03:23 AM.

You poll is homophobic and kind of stupid. Anyone that would just randomly get into a fight with strangers is plainly a complete jackass.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thebestkid View Post
    If someone random pushed me to the ground I would get back up and clock them. Although I fight MMA so one punch and they might be in the morgue which would not look good for me, unless the guy pushing you down is not the average guy.

And you would go to jail for that. Even if he started the fight. People need to think before they do things.

As a rather large guy I have found these answers rather amusing. I've worked juvenile corrections, bounced for bars and clubs in college, and been an amateur fighter. For the most part I have rarely seen anyone get in street fights except scrawny little punks whose egos are much larger than their brain, and the occasional larger bully. Perhaps my size has skewed my viewpoint, but I used to intimidate the bullies in school (and when it was my job, at work). I did have somewhere just under 300 physical interventions as a corrections officer, but those kids were so non-threatening it was downright funny (we made blooper reels sometimes, like when one kid threw a punch so telegraphed that the other moved, and the first kid knocked himself out slamming his head into the wall). In fact the one time I got hurt was when a co-worker wigged out and went overboard tackling a kid.

Most altercations I've witnessed have basically come down to what the Boondocks TV show called a (insert inappropriate racial slur) moment. Of course race really has nothing to do with it. It's just some people are ill-equipped to deal with perceived slights of inconsequential nature.

As to the OPs question, I generally laugh and brush them off, usually their bullcrap is boring anyway and of little interest to me. Of course nobody has been able to shove me to the ground outsisde a dojo or cage in..... god I don't know how long.

I walk away because I am not some retarded ass thug. Also, the person doing this is likely drunk, and drunks can be a real hassle in a fight...

if i start to walk away and the drunk guy comes after me, I will shove his ass on the pavement and continue on my way. If the person is sober and he decides he wants to come after me and I have no avenue to avoid contact, I will turn around and stab that fuck in the chest. I carry a fighting knife at all times (whenever legally possible at least) and if some gang banger decides he really wants to throw down and I am out of options, the he is either going to the hospital or the morgue. I don't dick around when I consider my own life endanger.
    Last edited by Defengar; 2012-03-13 at 03:25 AM.

i tell them i now have them on assault, will call 911 to press charges and have them arrested then sue them for all they are worth.