PC turns off! :(

I have a computer that I recently put together and it was randomly turning off on it's own, so I did all the settings inside the control panel and all that jazz and then even went as far as to purchase a brand new power supply that is twice the size of the old one but it keeps shutting down on it's own. What can I do to fix this? Or what could the problem be that is causing this to happen?

Turn it back on!

Is it turning off instantly? What was the new/old PSU model and what kind of parts do you have in it? Have you checked temps?
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-03-15 at 05:50 AM.

Is your cpu fan plugged in/blocked?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post
    Is your cpu fan plugged in/blocked?
    This. If your fan isn't plugged in or just straight up isn't working it could roast the CPU and could be your issue. How long does it last before it shuts off? If you have time I'd check your temps. Check both CPU and GPU fans.

check fan rpm
    Hi Sephurik

I had a similar issue a while back, where it would just randomly shut off. The problem was fixed because my CPU fan was not fully connected, therefore making my processor overheat and instantly shut down to avoid a meltdown.. Like others have said, make sure you fan isn't blocked and installed correctly on your MOBO

I believe it is installed correctly and yes it does work, as far as overheating goes that may be a possibility because of the small case that has alot of gaming parts in it and some wires are in front of the fan. Currently I am ordering a new tower and have taken the side off the comp and put a fan next to it hoping it is gonna help keep it cool. If there is any other thing (such as a mother board problem?) that it could be please let me know thanks guys!

Deleted
    Post your specs, helps narrowing down the problem.