Thread: Music

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Music

Before I went into the trial this last weekend I never knew about this, but the in-game music is truly amazing... what do you think?

I agree with the music being good. I have the soundtrack from getting the collectors edition and I've listened to it many times. I wish however that the music would play a bit more, there are so many times when there is no music at all. I do like how when some fights get intense or are meant to be intense the battle music kicks in.

10+ Year Old Account
    TOR has the same problem WAR had. Some great music but it doesn't play anywhere near often enough. Way too much of the game is spent just listening to yourself running or riding.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    i love the music that plays in the spaceship mission where you have to attack a damaged republic ship that wants to escape on a planet.

all the other music is really nice too ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I wish however that the music would play a bit more, there are so many times when there is no music at all.
    True that, being in a trial I tried to get most of my experience as I could, and I admit since I was so focused on the story I almost missed it. At a certain point I had to go around the house and left it at the character screen, and it kept playing and I was in the other room wondering what's that great music... then I actually started listening to the music more, and I found it great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like it, but for the most part it's always formed a background for me. There are only a few games and locations where music has seriously affected me, and it's not in SWTOR.

Some of Star Wars' classics tracks are present in SWTOR. I didn't play the game for very long, but I was impressed with the game's audio offering. The music is fantastic, as are the blaster and lightsaber sounds. Pew pew, fwooomp.

Deleted
    It is the first MMO that i play mostly with the sound on. That says A LOT. Music is just amazing, and on contrary to what some people said in this topic, to me the fact that it doesn't always play / there are moment of silence is a plus: It helps me not getting tired of it.

if only the music toggle worked shift-m. Cba to turn music on and off, it was good for leveling but I hate music when raiding, I have my mp3s on background.

Agree with the OP. Absolutely love the SWTOR soundtrack in all honesty..particularly the battle music,which is really epic during those heavy story moments. There are other,more subtle tracks like on Alderaan or Voss that i really love aswell.

However,as somebody else mentioned already..the big downside is that all of the music doesnt play nearly enough. Its unfortunate they have yet to add a loop-music option in my opinion. Alot of times the world can sound quite dead and barren because of the lack of such a feature.

But ah,it doesnt take away from the overall quality of the music in general and who knows? maybe they'll add a loop music option in the future^^

The music was one of the highlights for me when I first started playing. Hearing Battle of the Heroes start playing during the Malgus fight in False Emperor and Duel of the Fates during the council fight in EV was a fantastic experience the first time.

Also we need a music loop option for while running around and stuff.

Any music made by skywalker sound is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preferences -> Sound -> Music OFF. ^_^

Yes, the soundtrack is quite nice. But I don't want to hear it all day when PVPing.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    The music was one of the highlights for me when I first started playing. Hearing Battle of the Heroes start playing during the Malgus fight in False Emperor and Duel of the Fates during the council fight in EV was a fantastic experience the first time.

Also we need a music loop option for while running around and stuff.
    Just makes me want to do EV even more! Love that song! Also, Into the Trap from RotJ, but that's likely for another topic and forum.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by robotsdontcry View Post
    It is the first MMO that i play mostly with the sound on. That says A LOT. Music is just amazing, and on contrary to what some people said in this topic, to me the fact that it doesn't always play / there are moment of silence is a plus: It helps me not getting tired of it.
    this sums it up for me i almost never play with sound on but in swtor i love it the sounds are just so amazing and the music when you activate heroic moment man it gets your blood pumping

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the first MMO I've actually left the music on while playing.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    This is the first MMO I've actually left the music on while playing.
    Same here. Can't beat John Williams' epic score!
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Yea my guild mates pick on me because I only ever get in vent if I have to.. otherwise I prefer to be able to hear the music and sounds of the game. It is far more immersive for me like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    TOR has the same problem WAR had. Some great music but it doesn't play anywhere near often enough. Way too much of the game is spent just listening to yourself running or riding.
    agreed. they need a "loop music" option. seems simple enough.
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea my guild mates pick on me because I only ever get in vent if I have to.. otherwise I prefer to be able to hear the music and sounds of the game. It is far more immersive for me like that.
    I'm the same way Arlee...but it's mainly because I hate having to adjust my volume everytime I want to hear the in game characters.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”