10+ Year Old Account
    Ganxingba's amazing with the Amon jokes.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

I still don't know what the fascination with this anime is. The voice acting is brutal for so many of the characters. Beyond bad. Too hard to get into it because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    you had to bring that up didn't you. because now i am going to bombard this thread with lame amon jokes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TeR_...1&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84lw4...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdMMK...feature=relmfu
    Good lord, that producers refrence made me laugh so hard.

---------- Post added 2012-07-04 at 12:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I still don't know what the fascination with this anime is. The voice acting is brutal for so many of the characters. Beyond bad. Too hard to get into it because of that.
    come into a korra thread.

say you dont like it/its bad.

I dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Ganxingba's amazing with the Amon jokes.
    Wait, ganxingba is still around? Whatever happened to his abridged series?
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    So I am not sure if any one ever brought this up but I've got back and watched the last airbender. In season 1 ep 14 the fortune teller is wrong! She tells Katara she will pass away after her third grandchild birth.
    Are you sure about that? I watched the series like 3 weeks ago, and I don't remember that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Are you sure about that? I watched the series like 3 weeks ago, and I don't remember that.
    give me like an hour and i'll let you know, currently rewatching A:TLA right now

So I am not sure if any one ever brought this up but I've got back and watched the last airbender. In season 1 ep 14 the fortune teller is wrong! She tells Katara she will pass away after her third grandchild birth.
    It was said out of sarcasm, katara kept asking for more information.
    Last edited by Ridesdel; 2012-07-04 at 02:10 PM.

*Also she said after her third great-grand child*

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post

There you go, that's what she said.
    Third GREAT-grandchild, Rohan is a grandchild

Maybe Bumi or Kya have grandkids already?

Honestly, its a bit weird that we never really hear of any family connections. I guess its expected with the short running time, but I don't think we've even heard the names for Korra's or Mako and Bolin's parents. Nor have we heard of Lin's dad for that matter.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

It's possible that Bumi/Kya have grandkids--Tenzin is the youngest and he waited until he was older to start a family.

Here's an updated version of the Avatar family trees. says korra's parents are named Senna and Tonraq. http://i.imgur.com/3SOyh.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    It's possible that Bumi/Kya have grandkids--Tenzin is the youngest and he waited until he was older to start a family.

Here's an updated version of the Avatar family trees. says korra's parents are named Senna and Tonraq. http://i.imgur.com/3SOyh.jpg
    Just wondering was there an Episode showing Kya? Cause I have never seen her before

Just wondering was there an Episode showing Kya? Cause I have never seen her before
    Nope, but she's a confirmed member of the Aang/Katara family. The images there of Tenzin, Bumi, and Kya were from the official family tree made by the show's creators.

Thats a really interesting theory behind Katara, Only time will tell if its true.

What im really curious about is if they'll confirm how Aang died. All the previous avatars look so old because they lived a full life but Aang is so young compared to the others.

I don't want to hate or anything guys but this sequel killed it all for me.

I absolutely loved TLA but this one seemed so.. shaky in comparison. I hated how it turned out that in the end Amon was only a pathetic liar, nothing more. Also it made me believe they spoiled the original storyline. To make the villain comparable to the ones in TLA they made the bloodbending usable without a full moon, in the middle of the day,with their mind?I mean what? Just like that wasn't enough everyone turned out to be a metal bender..okay.. everyone turned out to be able to control lightning..okay.. so what's next everyone is able to use blue fire??

Also I didn't like how the main villains had no soul nor badassery in them, let alone a true purpose. Amon was there to do what? I didn't get his point, he was taking people's bending because he wanted to get rid of benders, but he was one too.. talk about a bad story. What amused me was that after making him so OP in the finale, they didn't even know how to end it so they decided to have him get one shot by a wind blast into the river. Also besides Korra, Lin, Mako and maaaybe Asami, no other character had any soul at all, I couldn't even attach myself to anyone.

The plot was new and refreshing, I'll give them that but the overall logic and entertainment it provided was lacking. I just feel sorry for the epic characters like Toph, Zuko, Iroh and Azula which were left in dust. A series based on the following events after the 100 year war(and not some comics) would have been so much more interesting than "The legend of Korra" which almost felt to me like a GTA game. I find it hard to compare LoK with TLA.. I liked Korra more than Aang but the rest was completely crap.

I still believe the series should have continued in Aang's time, or at worst shoudn't have been continued at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WingsofLiberty View Post
    I don't want to hate or anything guys but this sequel killed it all for me.

I absolutely loved TLA but this one seemed so.. shaky in comparison. I hated how it turned out that in the end Amon was only a pathetic liar, nothing more. Also it made me believe they spoiled the original storyline. To make the villain comparable to the ones in TLA they made the bloodbending usable without a full moon, in the middle of the day,with their mind?I mean what? Just like that wasn't enough everyone turned out to be a metal bender..okay.. everyone turned out to be able to control lightning..okay.. so what's next everyone is able to use blue fire??

Also I didn't like how the main villains had no soul nor badassery in them, let alone a true purpose. Amon was there to do what? I didn't get his point, he was taking people's bending because he wanted to get rid of benders, but he was one too.. talk about a bad story. What amused me was that after making him so OP in the finale, they didn't even know how to end it so they decided to have him get one shot by a wind blast into the river. Also besides Korra, Lin, Mako and maaaybe Asami, no other character had any soul at all, I couldn't even attach myself to anyone.

The plot was new and refreshing, I'll give them that but the overall logic and entertainment it provided was lacking. I just feel sorry for the epic characters like Toph, Zuko, Iroh and Azula which were left in dust. A series based on the following events after the 100 year war(and not some comics) would have been so much more interesting than "The legend of Korra" which almost felt to me like a GTA game. I find it hard to compare LoK with TLA.. I liked Korra more than Aang but the rest was completely crap.

I still believe the series should have continued in Aang's time, or at worst shoudn't have been continued at all.
    Tarlok and Noatok were very special benders. Very few water benders can blood bend and those that can, can only do so during a full moon with the exception of those 2. I really didn't think it was a big deal. As for metal bending well Toph discovered it. It wasn't a secret special bending like blood bending, so once Toph learned it, she taught it to others. Her daughter is the head of the police for, so of course she taught her daughter, which in turn taught the police. The lightning thing was stupid though..

As for Amon not being badass.... well he was way more badass than Ozai, or Zuko, or Azula. Hell, he was so badass that Korra was scared to hell of him for the first half of the season. The story wasn't bad at all. A man manipulates non-benders to help his quest to take the bending away from all other benders, so he will be the only one, so he can take over the world.... sounds pretty good to me. He didn't get 1 shot by a wind blast, either. He was right next to a window, Korra airblasts him out of the window, and his face paint comes off, which destroys his hopes of manipulating the non-benders. It barely even phased him, but at that point he had no choice, but to retreat. I agree about the characters, but you honestly can't expect to be as attached as you were in TLA. TLA had 61 episodes and 3 seasons to get you to love the characters. LoK had 1 season with 12 episodes. I just wish they would've done a full fledged series instead of making a mini series and deciding later to add onto it.

If you don't like Legend of Korra that's fine, but many people loved it and it was critically acclaimed as well. I'm glad it happened.... also.. what do you mean it felt like a GTA game? An immigrant from eastern Europe comes to America and starts killing people (not hating on GTA, I love the games). A magical world where people can bend elements and the avatar kicks an evil blood bender's butt... yep, seems very similar

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Tarlok and Noatok were very special benders. Very few water benders can blood bend and those that can, can only do so during a full moon with the exception of those 2. I really didn't think it was a big deal. As for metal bending well Toph discovered it. It wasn't a secret special bending like blood bending, so once Toph learned it, she taught it to others. Her daughter is the head of the police for, so of course she taught her daughter, which in turn taught the police. The lightning thing was stupid though..

As for Amon not being badass.... well he was way more badass than Ozai, or Zuko, or Azula. Hell, he was so badass that Korra was scared to hell of him for the first half of the season. The story wasn't bad at all. A man manipulates non-benders to help his quest to take the bending away from all other benders, so he will be the only one, so he can take over the world.... sounds pretty good to me. He didn't get 1 shot by a wind blast, either. He was right next to a window, Korra airblasts him out of the window, and his face paint comes off, which destroys his hopes of manipulating the non-benders. It barely even phased him, but at that point he had no choice, but to retreat. I agree about the characters, but you honestly can't expect to be as attached as you were in TLA. TLA had 61 episodes and 3 seasons to get you to love the characters. LoK had 1 season with 12 episodes. I just wish they would've done a full fledged series instead of making a mini series and deciding later to add onto it.

If you don't like Legend of Korra that's fine, but many people loved it and it was critically acclaimed as well. I'm glad it happened.... also.. what do you mean it felt like a GTA game? An immigrant from eastern Europe comes to America and starts killing people (not hating on GTA, I love the games). A magical world where people can bend elements and the avatar kicks an evil blood bender's butt... yep, seems very similar
    Amon wanted to equalize everyone not so he could rule but because he truly thought bending was bad.
    Playing since 2007.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    What im really curious about is if they'll confirm how Aang died. All the previous avatars look so old because they lived a full life but Aang is so young compared to the others.
    As far as i can find he just died peacefully but the reason he died so young compared too most avatars (the images of him being older in the show are from when he was 40 so we have yet too see a older image of him) is because hes actualy 166 years old (thats + the 100 years hes been frozen in ice) the one hundred years he spent frozen in an iceberg while in the avatar state eventually weighed heavily on his body and drained much of his life energy during that time.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Oh, a fortune teller who is not correct. Wooo, what are the odds?

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    As far as i can find he just died peacefully but the reason he died so young compared too most avatars (the images of him being older in the show are from when he was 40 so we have yet too see a older image of him) is because hes actualy 166 years old (thats + the 100 years hes been frozen in ice) the one hundred years he spent frozen in an iceberg while in the avatar state eventually weighed heavily on his body and drained much of his life energy during that time.
    Yep, this is the most widely accepted theory, and to me it's also the one that makes the most sense. He spent 100 years in the Avatar State... Even a short time span in the Avatar State showed to be draining to Aang. I can't imagine what 100 years of the Avatar State would do to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Well, technically she wasn't wrong since she said GREAT grandchild, noes? Though even if she had been wrong, it wouldn't have been much of an inconsistency.
    Honestly if what she said was "you will die after your third grand child is born" she still wouldn't have been wrong because anytime she dies at this point would be after her 3rd grand child's birth. So it's all sort of moot