10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I stand by my belief that Nick wants this show to fail. You give one week notice on the season premiere?

Where's the advertising campaign? So many people won't even know this is happening.
    I think they probably just lost hope. They made a mistake by demanding more of a show that the writers intended to be very brief. So what happens? They get a really poor season that gets destroyed by fans and is terrible in the ratings (this happens when people are forced to come up with extra story). But they already ordered the episodes so it's not like they can not air them. They had an amazing hit for TLA, lightning doesn't always strike twice.

Man y'all are sure going for the top shelf with your criticisms of the show right out of the gate. Sure Season 2 might not have been as good as any of the TLA seasons, but it wasn't terrible like you're suggesting.

Come drive to canada and watch the cartoon with me. it will be fun.

Afterwards, we can watch some Anime.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2014-06-24 at 06:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Come drive to canada and watch the cartoon with me. it will be fun.

Afterwards, we can watch some Anime.
    Are you on Prince Edward Island?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I stand by my belief that Nick wants this show to fail. You give one week notice on the season premiere?

Where's the advertising campaign? So many people won't even know this is happening.
    Not sure, to be honest I've been seeing people who've watched the show for awhile still know about this new season. Word travels fast, I often believe companies throw insane amounts of money that they don't need to throw for marketing.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Kvatch View Post
    Are you on Prince Edward Island?

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure, to be honest I've been seeing people who've watched the show for awhile still know about this new season. Word travels fast, I often believe companies throw insane amounts of money that they don't need to throw for marketing.
    Wan was about the only good thing to come out of season 2 IMO. I do not have high hopes for season 3, but they have been airing the hell out of ATLA on Nicktoons to not give even a tiny 'oh by the way, season 3 is coming at the end of the month' promo. Horrible ad guys there, if they aren't going to throw together even a 30 second spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Wan was about the only good thing to come out of season 2 IMO. I do not have high hopes for season 3, but they have been airing the hell out of ATLA on Nicktoons to not give even a tiny 'oh by the way, season 3 is coming at the end of the month' promo. Horrible ad guys there, if they aren't going to throw together even a 30 second spot.
    Everyone and their mother knows about it that watches the series. I never understood the need to put huge marketing towards a second+ season or sequel to a movie if it did well the first time.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitenx View Post
    I think they probably just lost hope. They made a mistake by demanding more of a show that the writers intended to be very brief. So what happens? They get a really poor season that gets destroyed by fans and is terrible in the ratings (this happens when people are forced to come up with extra story). But they already ordered the episodes so it's not like they can not air them. They had an amazing hit for TLA, lightning doesn't always strike twice.
    Except Bryke wrote Book 1 with some degree of confidence that they'd get the go-ahead to continue it, and wrote Book 2 with the intent of pushing for continuation if necessary.

They did, however, shoot themselves in the foot by putting more effort (so far) into keeping each book's arc self-contained than into resolving said arcs effectively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katara View Post
    Except Bryke wrote Book 1 with some degree of confidence that they'd get the go-ahead to continue it, and wrote Book 2 with the intent of pushing for continuation if necessary.

They did, however, shoot themselves in the foot by putting more effort (so far) into keeping each book's arc self-contained than into resolving said arcs effectively.
    Who's Bryke? Anyway Brian and Michael had original planned for Korra to be a mini series of 12 - 14 episodes. They have been quoted as saying so. However Nick decided they wanted to order a further 12-14 episodes and then ordered even more. They were forced to come up with new story and hire extra writers to meet the demand. They didn't have the majority of this story thought out before they began as it was never their intention to do so. I am trying to find the link that has them talking about what their original plan was and then what Nick decided to do.

The problem with Korra is that each book is rushed because they have an individual stories that are resolved within 12 episodes and there is no time for development which is the opposite of the last air bender where everything was spread out and things took time to develop and mature.

Book 1 korra and book 2 never crossed with each other. Besides air bending you could say book 1 never really happened. Hopefully book 3 integrates book 2 more and makes it feel like a connection rather then another rush story.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The problem with Korra is that each book is rushed because they have an individual stories that are resolved within 12 episodes and there is no time for development which is the opposite of the last air bender where everything was spread out and things took time to develop and mature.

Book 1 korra and book 2 never crossed with each other. Besides air bending you could say book 1 never really happened. Hopefully book 3 integrates book 2 more and makes it feel like a connection rather then another rush story.
    Judging by the clip of the first episode on IGN, there's that whole spirits out in the world and Korra having to clean up Republic city link to season 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

Well the 3rd book is titled 'Change' and deals with the effect leaving the spirit portals open is having on the physical world, so I think that alone will make the 2nd and 3rd books connected, even if Vaatu being temporarily destroyed has no real effect on the 3rd books story.

- - - Updated - - -

Another official short trailer is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1eW...ature=youtu.be

It definitely looks interesting, I like the idea of (just information from the trailer I linked inside the spoiler tags) multiple antagonists, constantly swapping to new targets could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Kvatch View Post
    Everyone and their mother knows about it that watches the series. I never understood the need to put huge marketing towards a second+ season or sequel to a movie if it did well the first time.
    except korra ISNT doing well. its doing awful, its ratings are horrible the only reason were even getting season 3 and 4 is because season 1 did well and they renewed it back then.

now there burning off 3 episodes at once. avatar is dead now, unless the ratings for it are insane we will likely never see anything avatar related again on tv unless it is a direct continuation of the original series

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitenx View Post
    Who's Bryke? Anyway Brian and Michael had original planned for Korra to be a mini series of 12 - 14 episodes. They have been quoted as saying so. However Nick decided they wanted to order a further 12-14 episodes and then ordered even more. They were forced to come up with new story and hire extra writers to meet the demand. They didn't have the majority of this story thought out before they began as it was never their intention to do so. I am trying to find the link that has them talking about what their original plan was and then what Nick decided to do.
    they intended season 1 to feel like a miniseries because it was a spin off that didnt involve any of the original characters and wanted it to feel complete if it got cancelled.

but now it pretty much is cancelled. it will take a miracle to get lok season 5
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    except korra ISNT doing well. its doing awful, its ratings are horrible the only reason were even getting season 3 and 4 is because season 1 did well and they renewed it back then.

now there burning off 3 episodes at once. avatar is dead now, unless the ratings for it are insane we will likely never see anything avatar related again on tv unless it is a direct continuation of the original series

- - - Updated - - -

they intended season 1 to feel like a miniseries because it was a spin off that didnt involve any of the original characters and wanted it to feel complete if it got cancelled.

but now it pretty much is cancelled. it will take a miracle to get lok season 5
    The problem is there is no over arching story to tie the seasons together and keep the audience emotionally, more or less, involved. Hopefully they will try to fix this problem with this season or improvise in a good way.

It could still be good. After all, you can't compare the entirety of A:TLA to the first two seasons of A:LoK. That said, I think season 1 was good, aside from a few annoying peeves like the love triangle teenage angst bullshit, and some character that shouldn't be being totally incompetent. I don't know about you all, but I'm ready to give Legend of Korra another chance.

(I didn't like season 2 for several reasons. A few of those reasons were the bullshit that was Korra losing the link to the past avatars and the deus ex machina Jinora stuff, but I loved Wan. More of him sometime, please.)

As for trailer #2. Looks nice, but a few things irked me. Korra still seems kinda like a brat, trying to cash in on her special status "I should be able to do it, I'm the Avatar!". That kinda stuff just bothers me for some reason. Secondly, at points, the trailer sounded and looked a bit like a Michael Bay movie trailer. Specifically when Korra catches the falling, broken top of that pillar with airbending, and when we see barechested Tenzin. Could just be me, but it really seemed that way.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2014-06-24 at 02:08 PM.

The first five minutes of Book three! http://at.nick.com/1mfOPze
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post

Q_Q not available from my location.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Damn, it cut off when it was getting really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    random thought.. but since the first season had two brothers, and the second season had two brothers im wondering wether the third or fourth will too.. or sisters to mix it up
    "it's being bound to work or study that allows us to live like people." Illya

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I watch Legend of Korra in spire of Korra, not because of her. She annoys me to no end. Aang did as well, but at least he had a clear philosophy and he stood up to it. Korra is just a bratty teenager.
    Same here. Though she did get a bit better after the whole learning the true history of the Avatars... she did seem to regress some as well though. Really annoyed to learn that she had remembered about her and Mako breaking up. Hopefully she matures a lot this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Aang comes back and the entire season is about what happened after Book 3 in the first couple years or so of A:TLA and that all these trailers are not actually what happened but just to trick us into thinking that we're seeing more Korra.

That's hopeful, that's the kind of hope you guys need, if you don't have it then Serpents Pass is waiting for you.
    Hey everyone