15+ Year Old Account
    My thought is that for past avatars the opposite element may have been most difficult to learn, but with Korra I believe her emotions are the driving factor when it comes to her difficulty to learn air bending. It seems to need a very cool and calm state of mind which Korra just doesn't have right now. Where as because her personality is so fierce she excelled at her natural opposite of fire. You can even see it in her waterbending style that she doesn't hold to traditional water styles that are fluid and smooth. Instead we see a strong and fierce water style being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    If the avatar cycle didn't demand the next avatar to be a waterbender Korra would undoubtably be a firebender, it's just how she fights
    I readily agree with this. She has a definite "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude. She is just completely unlike most water and air benders actually. If anyone recalls, water bender culture has a deep spiritual side to it, but Korra really does just ignore anything that isn't aggressive and physical. The fact that she hasn't even been able to induce an Avatar state, willingly or otherwise, is very troubling as it just shows how out of touch she is with her position as Avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just put her in a near-death situation or kill her mother/father or something, if the avatar state still doesn't trigger then she's beyond help :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Just put her in a near-death situation or kill her mother/father or something, if the avatar state still doesn't trigger then she's beyond help :P
    I was really expecting it last episode. She was getting so pissed off during that fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    As much as I want to see her in avatar state, I'm glad they aren't going that route yet because I don't think it should be used as a crutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    As much as I want to see her in avatar state, I'm glad they aren't going that route yet because I don't think it should be used as a crutch.
    I dont think it would be used as a Crutch.
    She wouldnt be able to control it, or call upon it whenever she wanted. Shes not got the spiritual side down. It would sort of make her realise that she needs to actually try harder to become a better Avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    He had issues with earth because earth at it's very core (no pun intended) is very opposed to air. As in earth is a very sturdy element that relies on strong stances. Fire and water come much easier to Aang because they're not necessarily entrenched to the ground like earth is. Fire and water can both be handled like airbending IE quick clever solutions and evasive manuevering

Korra is having issues with air because air is an almost completely defensive element and if you notice Korra does nothing but attack in the series. Her defending is generally bad, she usually opts to dodge rather than defend.

If the avatar cycle didn't demand the next avatar to be a waterbender Korra would undoubtably be a firebender, it's just how she fights
    This is what I was saying earlier. I think in TLAB, them explaining the process of learning all the elements and the ones that grant more difficulty due to being the opposite element was just a crutch. The way it's explained in Korra as what ever elements nature is more opposite to your personality makes a lot more sense.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well seeing as she will attempt to figure things out spiritually this episode (it's a guess), I think she might tap into her previous reincarnations such as Aang or if lucky enough... BROKU!!!
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to see some longer streams of Aang's memories that she has been having flashes of.

BTW I would like to go on record and say...

Air wheel> air scooter

Air wheel> air scooter
    I've got to agree, once I saw it, I was stunned how amazing it looked.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I don't know if I was more amazed by the air wheel or the fact that Tenzin was actually doing something.
    I imagine he is a helluva fighter when it really comes down to it. Can't wait to see Tenzin and Lin fighting alongside each other similar to their past. Well fighting alongside the other and not getting beat down by giant robots.

I imagine he is a helluva fighter when it really comes down to it. Can't wait to see Tenzin and Lin fighting alongside each other similar to their past. Well fighting alongside the other and not getting beat down by giant robots.
    His moves were astonishing. how he made an "Air Pillow" to catch Korra, Air Wheel... Again as an air bender he mostly dodges, but he used Airbending more offensive than Aang ever did.

He's not Spider-Lin, but he sure showed some amazing moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    This is what I was saying earlier. I think in TLAB, them explaining the process of learning all the elements and the ones that grant more difficulty due to being the opposite element was just a crutch. The way it's explained in Korra as what ever elements nature is more opposite to your personality makes a lot more sense.
    I'm not sure whether they intended for it to be as simple as that originally or that it just seemed that way because Aang was very much an airbender whereas Korra doesn't really represent the water tribe.

I can't wait to see some longer streams of Aang's memories that she has been having flashes of.

BTW I would like to go on record and say...

Air wheel> air scooter
    Toph is still the most aethestically pleasing bender i've ever seen. The mass rape of the Earth King's guards, she pins like 12 guards to the ceiling with individual pillars. And the way she travelled back to Ba Sing Se, essentially using earth as skates

10+ Year Old Account
    Toph is still the most aethestically pleasing bender i've ever seen. The mass rape of the Earth King's guards, she pins like 12 guards to the ceiling with individual pillars. And the way she travelled back to Ba Sing Se, essentially using earth as skates
    She didn't use the earth as skates, she simply ran on the spot and made the earth rotate under her :P

But yeah when it comes down to it, I feel Earth and Water I suppose are far more suited to fighting than the other two elements. Ironically it should've been Fire since the style is all about aggression and fierce moves, but thanks to the show being aired on a kids channel the most that I've seen Fire do in combat is knock people down (which makes no sense because fire itself can't actually move anything). If you hit something with a flamethrower it's not going to go flying off, it's going to simply sit there and burn.
    There was that time when Aang burned Katara's hands, that's about as violent as I've seen Fire get on screen. All the times firebenders have "burned people's faces" or "ruthlessly killed people" it always happens offscreen.

Logic aside, one thing that is really pissing me off (and I mean fucking badly) is the sickening amount of advertising stamped onto the show. I have been noticing that over the years the watermarks have been getting larger and larger, the adverts bigger and more frequent, etc. Just when I feel myself getting immersed into the story, fucking SPONGEBOB or some other child retards block 20% of the screen while dancing and I lose all immersion. What the fuck? Hub does this too, the watermark is already massive and just when I start enjoying a show yet again the advertisement retards start blocking the screen. Why would you advertise your channel to people who are already watching it and BLOCK out huge chunks of the screen? It's fucking unacceptable.
    I think I should just wait for the DVD release of the entire show. /endrant
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-08 at 10:23 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    She didn't use the earth as skates, she simply ran on the spot and made the earth rotate under her :P

But yeah when it comes down to it, I feel Earth and Water I suppose are far more suited to fighting than the other two elements. Ironically it should've been Fire since the style is all about aggression and fierce moves, but thanks to the show being aired on a kids channel the most that I've seen Fire do in combat is knock people down (which makes no sense because fire itself can't actually move anything). If you hit something with a flamethrower it's not going to go flying off, it's going to simply sit there and burn.
    There was that time when Aang burned Katara's hands, that's about as violent as I've seen Fire get on screen. All the times firebenders have "burned people's faces" or "ruthlessly killed people" it always happens offscreen.

Logic aside, one thing that is really pissing me off (and I mean fucking badly) is the sickening amount of advertising stamped onto the show. I have been noticing that over the years the watermarks have been getting larger and larger, the adverts bigger and more frequent, etc. Just when I feel myself getting immersed into the story, fucking SPONGEBOB or some other child retards block 20% of the screen while dancing and I lose all immersion. What the fuck? Hub does this too, the watermark is already massive and just when I start enjoying a show yet again the advertisement retards start blocking the screen. Why would you advertise your channel to people who are already watching it ad BLOCK out huge chunks of the screen? It's fucking unacceptable.
    I think I should just wait for the DVD release of the entire show. /endrant
    Arrrrrr.... if you know what I mean xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Arrrrrr.... if you know what I mean xD
    hahaha that's what I do if I oversleep and miss the episode at 11, but luckily I've only missed 1. I prefer to give them the view, helps the show grow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    hahaha that's what I do if I oversleep and miss the episode at 11, but luckily I've only missed 1. I prefer to give them the view, helps the show grow.
    Same here, only missed one but I have them recorded.

As for the advertising, it just pisses me off too. I understand businesses want money but is there really a reason to advertise your star cartoon comedy show so much. I have seen this a lot in mainstream sports more often too, I can't even watch most TV shows on actual TV anymore just because advertisements are to abundant and are starting to piss me off. I'm sure a few advertisements wouldn't be bad and from what I've actually seen Korra doesn't have to many in between breaks which is great or that may just be me.

I wish companies would just tone it down a bit.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Aye but I live in holland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Aye but I live in holland
    Ah but there is a livestream at 11AM EST for the new episode of on http://www.avatarchapters.tv

Doesn't matter what country you're in.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Ah but there is a livestream at 11AM EST for the new episode of on http://www.avatarchapters.tv

Doesn't matter what country you're in.
    I tried that livestream once, it was terrible. Crappy quality + interruptions every minute(forcing you to refresh the page and missing ~3 seconds each time) unless you paid.

So yeah, better use the same site but wait 2 hours until it's uploaded.