Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    Tarrlok is Amon!

I had an eureka moment during the introduction of episode 5 or 6.
    lol no way they are the same. Tarrlok is a waterbender and I do see him becoming an antagonist at some point, maybe working for Amon or trying to grab power, but I feel like Amon either way is gonna take his bending away in cool "Bad Guy owns other Bad Guy" way xD

Tarrlok is Amon!

Don't think so. He might be with Amon, but he sure isn't him.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tarrlok is Amon!

It's too obvious, plus he's a waterbender AND he has the darker skin tone that water tribe people do. Amon is quite pale if you look at his hands.

I think Amon is the son of Sokka

Edit: Anybody know when we can expect it online? Only got a promo from my usual site
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-06-02 at 11:39 AM.

I think we'll see Korra mastering airbending & learning how to use the Avatar State and enter the Spirit world when she will talk to Aang.

---------- Post added 2012-06-02 at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    It's too obvious, plus he's a waterbender AND he has the darker skin tone that water tribe people do. Amon is quite pale if you look at his hands.

Edit: Anybody know when we can expect it online? Only got a promo from my usual site
    What's your usual site may I ask?
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    I think we'll see Korra mastering airbending & learning how to use the Avatar State and enter the Spirit world when she will talk to Aang.

---------- Post added 2012-06-02 at 11:49 AM ----------

What's your usual site may I ask?
    I personally look for Kora here:
    http://dubhappy.com/anime/the-legend-of-korra/

But, to answer Azalu's question, I think it airs at 10EST, which is in about two hours from now. I'm not too sure when it'll be available online afterwards. I checked DubHappy once like 5hours later and it was up (not to say it wasn't up earlier than that, of course).

darker skin tone that water tribe people do. Amon is quite pale if you look at his hands.

thats contradicting xD

I think he's fire nation colonist or Earth nation(their skin tone varies from what I've seen). Some people say he might be the Tenzin's brother, but the pic I saw of Tenzin's other siblings are also dark skinned.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about Tarrlok turns out to be the bad guy then korra has to work with Amon to defeat Tarrlok?!?!?! - m night shyamalan

Pale skin is usually Air nomads and Earth Kingdom.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    thats contradicting xD

I think he's fire nation colonist or Earth nation(their skin tone varies from what I've seen). Some people say he might be the Tenzin's brother, but the pic I saw of Tenzin's other siblings are also dark skinned.
    Well Tenzin is my reference because he's pale skinned like his father so it's perfectly plausible that one of Sokka's children is light skinned. I'm going off:

- The flashback, it's clear that that guy is Amon but what is Sokka's connection to that scene, it's clear that some sort of event/trial is going on. Aang is the avatar, Toph is the chief of police, Katara isn't there but Sokka is but why?
    - Amon uses Chi-blocking, a technique used by Ty-Lee who would have then passed it on to the Kyoshi warriors > Suki > Sokka
    - Sokka was always a bit opposed to benders. At the start he seemed to think they were nothing but trouble and later on in book 3 he felt like that made him feel worthless. Since Suki is also a non-bender these slight musings might have been passed onto their child

I think Amon is lying about his past, I think it's completely fabricated and his face is fine. The only reason he wears a mask is to hide being recognised by somebody, he probably isn't even called Amon
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-06-02 at 02:29 PM.

Well I just watched the promo. Korra is finally going to talk to Aang about her spiritual issues
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    as some people have said i think the reason why it might feel rushed is because each season or 2 is supposed to have a different baddie also she still doesnt know airbending. i think that this season we will defeat amon then afterwards korra will either go to the fire nation or the earth nation after finding out theres some kind of conflict there and i think mako and bolin will go with her. it would let people see how the world has changed, and each season would still be centered in one place so it would keep with the "not wanting to repeat aangs journey" that they have said they dont want to do
    Yeah in an interview the creators said nickalodeon purposefully asked for shorter arcs. I think this may just be for sales or alternatively, for audiences who are just tuning in not having to rewatch a few million episodes to catch up. Either way, if there's no filler like korra is currently and it's 12-14 episodes in length, I feel thats long enough to get a decent ammount of story out. In reality most japanese anime are 11-13 episodes a season now as well (although most of them have tons of pointless filler shoved in).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Tenzin is my reference because he's pale skinned like his father so it's perfectly plausible that one of Sokka's children is light skinned. I'm going off:

- The flashback, it's clear that that guy is Amon but what is Sokka's connection to that scene, it's clear that some sort of event/trial is going on. Aang is the avatar, Toph is the chief of police, Katara isn't there but Sokka is but why?
    - Amon uses Chi-blocking, a technique used by Ty-Lee who would have then passed it on to the Kyoshi warriors > Suki > Sokka
    - Sokka was always a bit opposed to benders. At the start he seemed to think they were nothing but trouble and later on in book 3 he felt like that made him feel worthless. Since Suki is also a non-bender these slight musings might have been passed onto their child

I think Amon is lying about his past, I think it's completely fabricated and his face is fine. The only reason he wears a mask is to hide being recognised by somebody, he probably isn't even called Amon

http://www.avatarchapters.tv/air.php

I used that link at first but it only goes up to 6. The new one I found has episode 7
    Clear that it's Amon? How about the fact that the first flashback was shown the same episode that Tenzin and Tarlok had the discussion about Aang dealing with a similar situation with a so called Yakone.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    Clear that it's Amon? How about the fact that the first flashback was shown the same episode that Tenzin and Tarlok had the discussion about Aang dealing with a similar situation with a so called Yakone.
    I said in my post that his name probably isn't even Amon.

His story seems too ideal for the scenario. Just sounded like Jet all over again hence why I think he's lying
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-06-02 at 02:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Yeah in an interview the creators said nickalodeon purposefully asked for shorter arcs. I think this may just be for sales or alternatively, for audiences who are just tuning in not having to rewatch a few million episodes to catch up. Either way, if there's no filler like korra is currently and it's 12-14 episodes in length, I feel thats long enough to get a decent ammount of story out. In reality most japanese anime are 11-13 episodes a season now as well (although most of them have tons of pointless filler shoved in).
    I'm really ok with this length. It's not like in the Last Air Bender where Aang and the gang were traveling around the world and stuff. All the action here happens inside Republic City.
    Black Lives Matter

I was realy surprised that Korra mastered her opposite force (water><fire) so "easily/fast" whilst Aang really struggled with his (air><earth).
    Still earthbinding is pretty damn awesome especially Toph's was hella fun to watch.
    I practice martial arts myself and I reckon my fighting style is similar to fire.

I agree that Amon's fighting/dodging style looks a lot like waterbending but his defense/attack style is more like earthbending (quite static)
    Sokka's + Kyoshi warrior's(completely forgot her name) son might be Amon (I can't for the life of me visualise the fighting style of her).
    Also if there would be a game (which I don't really want) I reckon non-bending/chi-blocking should be a viable option to pick from aswell.
    (for the Pro-bending thing, your idea sounds a lot like the matches they had in FFX, I forgot what it was called though)
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-06-02 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I was realy surprised that Korra mastered here opposite force (water><fire) so "easily/fast" whilst Aang really struggled with his (air><earth).
    Still earthbinding is pretty damn awesome especially Toph's was hella fun to watch.
    I practice martial arts myself and I reckon my fighting style is similar to fire.

I agree that Amon's fighting/dodging style looks a lot like waterbending but his defense/attack style is more like earthbending (quite static)
    Sokka's + Kyoshi warrior's(completely forgot her name) son might be Amon (I can't for the life of me visualise the fighting style of her).
    Also if there would be a game (which I don't really want) I reckon non-bending/chi-blocking should be a viable option to pick from aswell.
    (for the Pro-bending thing, your idea sounds a lot like the matches they had in FFX, I forgot what it was called though)
    Suki and blitzball are the answers you're looking for.

Suki says that their fighting style is all about using their opponents strength against them and later on Suki's fighting uses a lot of grabs and throws, similar to Amon

It doesn't surprise me that Korra struggles with airbending, I like the fact that she struggles with her actual opposite rather than her element opposite. I think Korra is a firebender born into a waterbending body. Whenever she fights chi-blockers she seems to use a lot of firebending

About today's episode
    Tarlok is just waaaaaaaaaaaay to douchy not to be 'evil'.

Heh posted ^ before the episode was over, the ending really nailed home the point I was getting at.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2012-06-02 at 03:32 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

Yea, I like that aswell, I didn't expect it but I liked it. Most shows are just way to predictable now. When you watch CSI/castle/... you know who the killer is after 3min and it's gotten stale.
    I like the twist that it's a temperament synergy as opposed to bending one.
    (btw is it me or does that mean firebending has a really low learning curve since ? /trollmode )

For instance I myself am a short guy so normally people with my build are trained to fight with their arms and get up close and personal to avoid taller people using their legs and keep my at bay. However I don't do that, I get close and use my legs so I can use my hands/arms to block taller people's arms more easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked this episode and Tarlok was pretty kick ass but still a douche.

I would love to see Amon and Tarlok fight.
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I was realy surprised that Korra mastered her opposite force (water><fire) so "easily/fast" whilst Aang really struggled with his (air><earth).

Honestly the opposing element being the most difficult to master always seemed like a shallow notion and didn't make much sense (like Roku saying that water was challenging but he eventually overcame it, never explained why it was challenging). The way it's been explained in this series with it being opposite to personality (and aang's personality really was opposite to what was require to master earth) makes much more sense and can still be incorporated to the elements.

But anyhow, HOW BOUT TODAY'S EPISODE?!?!
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"