This is not anime...
    Keep The Beats!

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    Doesn't Lighting immobilize the enemy? Would be pretty unfair.
    Unless you know how to redirect it, it kills you. We know of only 3 people who know how to redirect it, Aang, Iroh, Zuko. 2 of which are dead and the other is doing his thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    Unless you know how to redirect it, it kills you. We know of only 3 people who know how to redirect it, Aang, Iroh, Zuko. 2 of which are dead and the other is doing his thing.
    I don't think it would be practical anyway, you're not exactly mobile whilst using it which goes against pro-bending regardless

Metal bending, Lightning Bending and Chi Blocking all seems fairly common now, which kinda disappoints me. But with Lightning, I was under the impression that it was could be quite fatal and took a lot of training to master. Zapping people with it seems like it would be insta-death xD

But the Blood Bending was a huge surprise to me, Korra knowing of it, makes me feel like its become more common and that flash back of Aang and that guy in the court room, where it looks like everyone is in agony makes me think Tarrlok has something to do with that guy 40yrs ago :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Write I forgot that episode when Azula used it on Aang while he was on Avatar State. Since the Equalists used electricity in their weapons I though it immobilized them.
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Metal bending, Lightning Bending and Chi Blocking all seems fairly common now, which kinda disappoints me. But with Lightning, I was under the impression that it was could be quite fatal and took a lot of training to master. Zapping people with it seems like it would be insta-death xD

But the Blood Bending was a huge surprise to me, Korra knowing of it, makes me feel like its become more common and that flash back of Aang and that guy in the court room, where it looks like everyone is in agony makes me think Tarrlok has something to do with that guy 40yrs ago :3
    I'm interested to know how he's doing it even though it's not a full moon. Korra was aware of what it was so Katara has probably mentioned it. I doubt she's taught her it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I'm interested to know how he's doing it even though it's not a full moon. Korra was aware of what it was so Katara has probably mentioned it. I doubt she's taught her it
    According to the wiki Katara was against blood bending. It's really powerful and dangerous since it can crush organs and such.

BTW Love your sig.

Black Lives Matter

Blood bending seems like something that would come in handy for a healer. Clear up clots, push blood through the clogged arteries of fatty fatsos, pump blood into the heart muscles on someone whose had a heart attack, etc etc.

EDIT: since it seems like next episode Korra will inevitable contact Aang's spirit I hope we get to see older-but-not-granny Katara in the flashbacks since she's the only member of the gaang we haven't seen yet. There's also a decent chance we'll see some Avatar State action when Korra breaks out of wherever she's being taken.
    Last edited by Tore; 2012-06-03 at 02:06 AM.

I don't think she would teach anyone it. So Tarrlok learned it from someone else and that guy in the flash backs doesnt even seem to be moving his hands and it is daylight, so he's gotta be really powerful at(if it is blood bending that hes doing in the flashbacks)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    According to the wiki Katara was against blood bending. It's really powerful and dangerous since it can crush organs and such.

BTW Love your sig.

I died when he said that. The joke must go on!

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Blood bending seems like something that would come in handy for a healer. Clear up clots, push blood through the clogged arteries of fatty fatsos, pump blood into the heart muscles on someone whose had a heart attack, etc etc.

EDIT: since it seems like next episode Korra will inevitable contact Aang's spirit I hope we get to see older-but-not-granny Katara in the flashbacks since she's the only member of the gaang we haven't seen yet. There's also a decent chance we'll see some Avatar State action when Korra breaks out of wherever she's being taken.
    Still haven't seen adult Suki, Zuko, Mai and Ty Lee either =(
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-06-03 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post

I am also interested in this what happened.

I seen Aang, Toph, and Sokka. Though Katara and Zuko have been missing, and coincidentally they are the only 2 who don't/didn't live there. Seems like there may be stuff about the city that Katara knows that Tenzin might not. Korra will eventually here the real story from Aang.
    I just find it weird Zuko left and he is one of the 2 founders of the city and Katara never stayed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am also interested in this what happened.

I seen Aang, Toph, and Sokka. Though Katara and Zuko have been missing, and coincidentally they are the only 2 who don't/didn't live there. Seems like there may be stuff about the city that Katara knows that Tenzin might not. Korra will eventually here the real story from Aang.
    I just find it weird Zuko left and he is one of the 2 founders of the city and Katara never stayed.
    I still think that Sokka's presence there means he's somehow connected to the enemy (whatever his name is). Since I would have thought he returned back to Kyoshi Island or the Southern Water Tribe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    The legend is that Kyoshi lived to that age, there's nothing saying that she did. The bible says Moses lived to like 700-something years old. Assuming he even existed I can just about promise he didn't live to 700-something.

It looks like the creators are trying to find more parallels between the Avatar-verse and the real world so I doubt they'll have anyone living to even 120.
    From what I'm reading it says she actually died at 230 years old.. hmm.
    Hey everyone

Who here thought when Tarlok and Korra were fighting "damn she's kicking his ass" only to be disappointed when he cheated with Bloodbending.

I like that there's not a one-sided conflict anymore. As long as they keep Amon/Tarlok seperate, the series will have a lot of dynamics.

One of my greatest disappointments, though, is that Tenzin is pretty much useless. He's more of a source of wisdom, than an actual fighter. Every time we've seen him enter the fray, he's lost, and that doesn't do him any justice.
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SvetlanaSvetlana View Post
    Who here thought when Tarlok and Korra were fighting "damn she's kicking his ass" only to be disappointed when he cheated with Bloodbending.

I like that there's not a one-sided conflict anymore. As long as they keep Amon/Tarlok seperate, the series will have a lot of dynamics.

One of my greatest disappointments, though, is that Tenzin is pretty much useless. He's more of a source of wisdom, than an actual fighter. Every time we've seen him enter the fray, he's lost, and that doesn't do him any justice.
    He may have lost... but damnit he lost with style. Although I agree. I think he is supposed to be more of a wise mentor than an actual part of team avatar.

BTW what's with you guys saying that Sokka was evil? Did something happen that I'm not aware of? I mean he was part of the original team avatar.

Tarrlok is canonically 37. Yakone was done away with 42 years ago. Unless he wasn't actually [I]killed[/I], he's not Tarrlok's father.

What we've see of Amon's appearance suggests Fire Nation ancestry. Tarrlok is Water Tribe. They're different ethnicities, and visibly so even with the mask.

Also, my husband didn't expect to like this episode after I told him that there was a "boss fight." I think he was pleasantly surprised.

Something weird in the fighting patterns is, that somehow nobody wants to bend the material your opponment is bending anymore. Like never infight.
    Like those ice-missiles of Torlakk. Korra just tried to wall/evade/tank the damage.
    Katara and Aang proved that it's possible to "counterbend" even fast projectiles and use them against their opponents.
    I think that might be why I'm a little bit disappointed in Korras fighting style.
    I can't accept her as a "master of water" if she can not even use the basics.
    I really hope she'll at least use some more interesting combo-moves later in the series, and not just every element after each other like she use now. What a waste of talent imho.

While most benders we've seen so far are quite decent in offensive tactics, we rarely see any good defensive techniques anymore imho.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-06-03 at 08:39 AM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else think Bloodbending is OP! NERF IT NOW NICKELODEON OR I WILL UNSUB- Oh wait this isn't Blizzard.
    Hey everyone

There is just no counter yet.
    Lightning seemed "OP" as it was introduced in LoA too, but at the end of the series it was almost more a mistake for an enemy to use it, as Aang/Zuko/Iroh almost always used it against its user.
    Just as Ozai used Lightning one time and almost lost in this very second.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Still haven't seen adult Suki, Zuko, Mai and Ty Lee either =(
    Cant wait to see an adult Ty Lee...