10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    It's the exact same voice as Zuko. How is that evil? All Zuko did was chase a twelve year old around the world, burn down several villages, infiltrate the north pole and betray Ba Sing Sei.
    Man his betrayal at Ba Sing Se made me want to reach into the cartoon and slap him on the head :S

I'm trying to imagine what would've happened if he had betrayed Azula that day instead. Would Ba Sing Se have been saved? Meh but that wouldn't have done much to avoid the final confrontation between Aang and Ozai.

And it only took 4 old guys to take back the city anyway
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Man his betrayal at Ba Sing Se made me want to reach into the cartoon and slap him on the head :S

I'm trying to imagine what would've happened if he had betrayed Azula that day instead. Would Ba Sing Se have been saved? Meh but that wouldn't have done much to avoid the final confrontation between Aang and Ozai.

And it only took 4 old guys to take back the city anyway
    Granted, they were arguably 4 of the strongest benders of their time :P Back when the White Lotus was more of a badass association and less of a "cannon fodder" guard group.

10+ Year Old Account
    A question for those who read the comics, did Sokka ever find his space sword again? I was really sad when he had to throw it that thing could cut through normal metals like butter, one could almost call it a legendary weapon!

Not yet. I don't think we've seen boomerang in the post-show comics either.

Deleted
    A question for those who read the comics, did Sokka ever find his space sword again? I was really sad when he had to throw it that thing could cut through normal metals like butter, one could almost call it a legendary weapon!
    Read the first two Comics yesterday. The sword got mentioned, but he doesnt have it. He just said he misses his sword.

I wanted to make his face more symmetrical. That old mark may have reminded him of his lost honour, but the new one would have reminded him of his lost brains.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Not yet. I don't think we've seen boomerang in the post-show comics either.
    i just rewatched TLA a few days ago, and I'm pretty sure his boomerang was still with him at the end. I think he threw hit onto one of the airships and happened to sumpbled upon it while still fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    i just rewatched TLA a few days ago, and I'm pretty sure his boomerang was still with him at the end. I think he threw hit onto one of the airships and happened to sumpbled upon it while still fighting.
    *Sokka voice* "Boomerang! You do always come back!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    No, that was a different episode. In the finale it was

*loud scraping sound*
    Toph: What happened? Did Boomerang come back?
    Sokka: No... Suki did!
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    yeah, exactly! *boom* and the scene was right back but spacey went haywire and fell down completely. i doubt he ever found it again, too bad though.

*loud scraping sound*
    oh damn, you're right. grabbed the last episode and fast-forwarded to the scene. no boomerang and no space-sword.
    Last edited by mmocc89c511dbb; 2012-06-19 at 02:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Nope that "you do always come back" part was when they defeated the Rough Rhino squad in that town full of idiots, they had left Sokka's boomerang behind at the start of the episode. Avatar Day I think it was called.
    Sadly at the end of ATLA we don't see Sokka carrying his boomerang, he's only holding a crutch due to his broken leg.

Y U LOSE ALL UR GOOD WEAPONZ SOKKA ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-19 at 02:26 AM.

Nope that "you do always come back" part was when they defeated the Rough Rhino squad in that town full of idiots, they had left Sokka's boomerang behind at the start of the episode. Avatar Day I think it was called.
    Wait, people actually remember that episode? I was so sure I was the only one.

Deleted
    Sadly at the end of ATLA we don't see Sokka carrying his boomerang, he's only holding a crutch due to his broken leg.
    yup, see my edit. mixed the two episodes up, 'cause I've watched all three seasons within like 4 days.

Y U LOSE ALL UR GOOD WEAPONZ SOKKA ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    its not that he loses his weapons, its more like space sword and boomerang went on adventures together. Without Sokka
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    its not that he loses his weapons, its more like space sword and boomerang went on adventures together. Without Sokka
    They were thrown in opposite directions.

I miss the space sword. It was cool. I would actually really have liked it if one of the equalists had retrieved it and used it as a weapon.

i think i have a theory on how Amon takes away the bending.. it has to be some advanced form of chi-blocking because it CANNOT be energy bending only the avatar can do that.. if chi-blockers can stop you temporarily then a well placed shot like Amon does to the head can permanently shut it off.. (reminds me of the gentle fist from Naruto)

There's nothing that says only the Avatar can energy bend, he's just the only one to have done it recently.

Remember the lion turtle told Aang that before there was elemental bending, "we bent the energy within ourselves." Energy bending used to be as common as elemental bending but it became a lost art somehow. Aang was just the first person to rediscover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    There's nothing that says only the Avatar can energy bend, he's just the only one to have done it recently.

Remember the lion turtle told Aang that before there was elemental bending, "we bent the energy within ourselves." Energy bending used to be as common as elemental bending but it became a lost art somehow. Aang was just the first person to rediscover it.
    However, it could be that, since all four elemental arts were based of one form of bending, you'd need to know all four arts to learn that type of bending. It would certainly explain Tenzin's reaction of 'only the avatar can energybend.'

Just a little theory but What if Amon is just another mutation of bending where he can absorb others bending making people believe he can take away their bending

10+ Year Old Account

*loud scraping sound*
    Yeah I know it was just me throwing in a funny Sokka quote :P