Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onC9PLa2Vac

Deadmines from the same guy as above. I know the numbers are all broken and such, but hot dang! The spiders haha. Reminds me of the time in ICC I demo tanked/pulled the whelps in front of sindragosa, but that took 3 panicked healers!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Exactly. Demo is clunky because of that slow Shadowbolt. What was good about MC is that it would make your filler faster. The spec is too reliant on its filler in its current state. Back in WotLK I remember us being more reliant on our execute.
    Being too reliant on your fillers (which is true) doesn't mean we need more fillers :P (as I already mentioned above regarding Immolate, Shadow bolt, and Incinerate). Affliction is more execute-reliant, and a reason it sims comparatively poorly.

I like this video. It's a different guy soloing Morchok. At level 85.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9UFM2RDNUo

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question for those who are in beta.

Does the shadow bolt glyph turn your demon slash in to a cleave?

Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    Being too reliant on your fillers (which is true) doesn't mean we need more fillers :P (as I already mentioned above regarding Immolate, Shadow bolt, and Incinerate). Affliction is more execute-reliant, and a reason it sims comparatively poorly.
    Good point. I hope that they put some dynamic into the spec though, something that would make you change your rotation for a brief period of time if you get what I mean. That's why I liked MC (and the fact that it was fire).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    Quick question for those who are in beta.

Does the shadow bolt glyph turn your demon slash in to a cleave?
    Im not in beta but I really doubt it unless a tooltip reflects the change. As the glyphed shadowbolt is still singletarget, just looks a lot nicer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Good point. I hope that they put some dynamic into the spec though, something that would make you change your rotation for a brief period of time if you get what I mean. That's why I liked MC (and the fact that it was fire).
    I guess it looks like
    out of meta:

corr (and then refresh it through fel flame)
    BoD (once a minute)
    SF (once a 30 sec before execution area or twice if you can cast second before SF cast time changes to 4 sec)
    HoG (roughly every 15 sec)
    SB (filler)

and managing meta

and AoE, shadowflame, fel ipmps, cooldowns, situational / utility spells, etc ..

I don't expect it to be "boring"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    I like this video. It's a different guy soloing Morchok. At level 85.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9UFM2RDNUo
    I have no words for this. Morchok seems to do just NO damage at all, neither does the black blood, ticking for 400-500. I can confidently state that this will never go live this way, we are waaaaaaay overpowered. Fun to see though, and the video is ours forever to look back and say: A Warlock did that once!

Before the survivability gets nerfed, let's get some vids of Warlocks soloing shit that no other class can. I'm talking shit like Lich King 25 heroic, Rangaros 10 heroic, etc, etc etc .... Just tanking in the middle of Defile ... letting the Sons of Flame all just hit Sulfuras ... ghghghrrrrhghrhghg....
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Before the survivability gets nerfed, let's get some vids of Warlocks soloing shit that no other class can. I'm talking shit like Lich King 25 heroic, Rangaros 10 heroic, etc, etc etc .... Just tanking in the middle of Defile ... letting the Sons of Flame all just hit Sulfuras ... ghghghrrrrhghrhghg....
    Add a full lock v lock AV with massive abuse of the pet bug!

Deleted
    I shelved my Lock for the whole of Cataclysm, but these changes are making me want to reroll in MoP.

Deleted
    I nerdgasmed all over this thread... :/ soz

Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    Add a full lock v lock AV with massive abuse of the pet bug!
    omfg even without the pet bug, can you imagine 40 demo tanks vs 40 demo tanks, that'd be, what ... 1600 beams of that aoe drain life ? or 1560 rather. Geezus ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    omfg even without the pet bug, can you imagine 40 demo tanks vs 40 demo tanks, that'd be, what ... 1600 beams of that aoe drain life ? or 1560 rather. Geezus ...
    Hahaha, yeah those lazorbeamz from Felflame everywhere and then all at once all 80 of them using Carrion Swarm and causing the largets wave of purple fire ever displayed xD

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I have no words for this. Morchok seems to do just NO damage at all, neither does the black blood, ticking for 400-500. I can confidently state that this will never go live this way, we are waaaaaaay overpowered. Fun to see though, and the video is ours forever to look back and say: A Warlock did that once!
    A blood DK can already solo Morchok if it weren't for the enrage timer (well, if you were super-clever with stomps). And yes, you don't need healing to stand in his "black blood."

Meaning the only thing "wrong" with us is the bugged damage that allows us to kill him before he berserks (7:00). And our super damage-mitigation; perhaps nerf damage reduction but increase healing taken or add some avoidance.
    Last edited by Inactivity; 2012-03-25 at 08:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    A blood DK can already solo Morchok if it weren't for the enrage timer (well, if you were super-clever with stomps). And yes, you don't need healing to stand in his "black blood."

Meaning the only thing "wrong" with us is the bugged damage that allows us to kill him before he berserks (7:00). And our super damage-mitigation; perhaps nerf damage reduction but increase healing taken or add some avoidance.
    For variaties sake I hope they don't go with avoidance but with increased healing then. I like the fact we are at the moment looking like a different sort of tank compared to all the others.

The issue with making us pure mitigation tanks with minimal (sub 5% avoidance total) is that our damage taken is going to be extremely consistent, making us the envy of every other tank everywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azithrom View Post
    The issue with making us pure mitigation tanks with minimal (sub 5% avoidance total) is that our damage taken is going to be extremely consistent, making us the envy of every other tank everywhere
    As I said elsewhere, the mitigation tank model was used for Frost DKs. It didn't work out because the consistency of the incoming damage actually meant they were nigh impossible to keep topped off, and so would find themselves dying to random things when damage just stacked up, and this is with Wrath style spam healing without a care for mana. If the mitigation was to be remotely balanced, it's pretty likely you would just end up as much a mana sink as any tank today would be who just stacks stamina.

Wrath style bosses also weren't exactly well tuned for taking constant hits, we're much closer to a model where taking a large number of hits isn't so terrible. Yes it will be more mana costly than a DK/Warrior/Pally that gets a nice RNG string

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no healer, but what would the average healer prefer: a tank that takes slightly less heals over the course of a fight, but takes spikier damage, or a tank that takes slightly more heals over the course of a fight but is more consistent in damage taken? From what I've heard the latter seems to be preferred and I don't see why the variety shouldn't be added.

Also I don't quite understand your example Jessicka, seems to me that if Frost DK's were taking such a beating that they died to random stuff that maybe they just weren't very well balanced compared to other tanks?