Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wink Warlocks nearly Invincible in MOP (but NOT Overpowered)

Please read this before proceeding:

Quote Originally Posted by Dassen View Post
    Am I the only one who read this and assumed the intention of the OP was to entertain, and thus, smirked all the way through?
    My goodness, people are way too mad nowadays.
    Thank you, Dassen.

-----------------------------

Here is a hypothetical scenario to illustrate the near indestructible state of our beloved warlock class in MOP (though they are NOT overpowered since all classes will be getting their buffs as well):

Note: All this is assuming the worst possible scenario of being damaged to the bone without much chance of retaliation.

A Shadow Priest or Death Knight or Holy Paladin or Monk or Affliction Warlock meets a Warlock (with the following specs):

1) Warlock casts Twilight Ward to absorb Holy and Shadow damage. Shield gets destroyed by a powerful spell or two.

2) Warlock gets stunned/feared/horrified etc. but uses Voidwalker Sacrifice to create a shield to absorb more shadow damage while being CCed.

3) Shield breaks. Warlock summons 2nd Voidwalker using Grimoire of Service and casts a second Voidwalker Sacrifice shield.

4) 2nd Voidwalker shield breaks. Warlock uses Sacrificial Pact to summon ANOTHER even more powerful shield.

5) Shield breaks again. By then, Twilight Ward is ready and is cast to absorb more Shadow and Holy damage.

6) Shield breaks once more. Archimonde's Vengence is activated and enemy takes 30% of all damage dealt to Warlock.

7) Demonology Warlock uses Metamorphosis (Demonology only) to get a 600% armor buff and -6% critical chance for physical attacks, effectively reducing all physical damage by around 50%.

8) Warlock is down to 50% HP, but casts Dark Regeneration to regain 50% HP (55% with Fel Armor on).

9) Warlock's HP still goes down, but casts Mortal Coil to instantly regenerate 25% HP.

10) Not enough health? Warlock uses Blood Fear and then uses Soul Burn + Drain life (Affliction only) to drain 24% (26.4% with Fel Armor) over 3 seconds.

11) Still need HP? Pop a Healthstone (which is 3 charges now) with the Glyph of Healthstone on. Add a combat portion into the equation.

12) Have the Glyph of Felhunter on? Good job. All this while, your Devour Magic was healing you and your pet for X amount of HP every 8 seconds using the 4 buffs on the enemy.

13) Oh wait, I forgot about the 10 Burning Embers (Destruction only). Tap for instant 25% HP heal!*

14) Still need more HP? Fear target and bandage.

15) Uh oh, enemy is still damaging you? Using Unending Resolve and reduce all HP dealt to you by 50% for 12 seconds.

16) Twilight Armor, Voidwalker Sacrifice, Sacrificial Pact are all up again. Rinse and repeat.

17) Finally decided to give up? About time. Cast a glyphed Curse of Exhaustion (Affliction only), Demonic Circle out using the portal and run away.

18) What? A rogue suddenly ambushes you at the Demonic Circle? No fear, that's what the new Demonic Portal is for.

19) Now what? 10,000 orcs now surround you. Hearthstone time!

20) Unknown rogue stunlocks you after you hearthstone to inn and kills you. You wait a while ... Soulstone time!

Good times are ahead of our beloved warlock class
    Time for warlocks to rule again like the Soul Link Felhunter days at lvl 60.

Also, read this first before commenting:

My current main is a Warlock, not a Shadow Priest!

By Creamie123:

Disgruntled Shadow Priest? At the release of Cataclysm, yeah, I was.

That was why I re-rolled to a Warlock as my new main at Cataclysm.

Right now? I am still loyal to my new favorite Warlock class, and still am. Though I still play my Shadow Priest at times for variety. However, between the 2, I still view my current warlock as being the one with the greater potential in MoP.

The situation would be different if the poster currently has a Shadow Priest main, got constantly owned by Warlocks, and does not have a Warlock as another character. So I guess, you misunderstand my intentions.
    Edit: Added Burning Embers, Devour Magic and made a few amendments for Destruction, Affliction and Demonology Warlock scenarios.
    Last edited by creamie123; 2012-03-26 at 07:54 AM. Reason: My main is a warlock!

soulburn and curse of exhaustion are affliction only.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Yea there's too much QQ about how warlovwill be op. All the other classes will also begetting upgrades and obviously the beta is tp test numbers

Wow man, they better make nerf lock because they're nearly invincible in a 1v1 duel. That's just OUTRAGEOUS!

btw, your wotlk is showing, I think you meant to say the 23/38 sl/sl spec from TBC as warlocks were pretty weak in vanilla.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

they havn't started fixing classes yet so this is really pointless =_="
    aka balancing all the new numbers around and all that stuff

Hmm, so people are crying when we finally get in the 1v1 spotlight from the rogues after years of being the whipping boy in duels?

More seriously, that's with glyphs that will make us ineffective at dps/killing others 1v1. Think of trying to kill tanks 1v1.

Demo lock....the new blood dk

Pretty situational stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Demo lock....the new blood dk

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Warlock gets the metamorphosis stolen by a DK's Dark Simulacrum...
    Currently in beta metamorphosis is a stance, not a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuqup View Post
    Currently in beta metamorphosis is a stance, not a buff.
    meta has always been considered a stance, just like druid forms, shadowform, angel form, ghost wolf and stealths.

We have been in beta for what, 3-4 days? The purpose for beta is to test new ideas, then balance everything out. We have MONTHS until beta will end. No game is even the least bit similar to its beta once it is released. So for now, people should ignore all of the numbers and focus on the IDEA of the ability.

Things will be tweaked later on.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    meta has always been considered a stance, just like druid forms, shadowform, angel form, ghost wolf and stealths.
    No, it was a temporary buff at some point at least.

Ridiculously overpowered.

Expect Meta's armor buff to be reduced to 400%, the damage reduction halved and your damage in tank mode to go back down to normal.

I say in about one or two beta bug fixes there is going to be so much QQ on the lock fourms saying they got nerfed and are bad.

Edited: Added Burning Embers, Devour Magic and made a few amendments for Destruction, Affliction and Demonology Warlock scenarios.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Paladins get Bubble and Hearth back, gl beating that Warlocks

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ''Nearly invincible'' but not overpowered? I don't think that mixes very well, Honestly the outburst from this and backlash of this is going to get massive nerfs or even the glyph being removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are somehow all 3 specs?