Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Then everyone who rages here is a kid with a shit mentality?

I guess we just differ opinions. Anyway, moving on since this could get out of hand.
    I mean if I had done ranked instantly I most likely wouldn't have:
    Raged.
    Blamed ELO hell.
    Gotten mad over not having all the runes.
    Probably even fed beyond what I already do in normal games.

Yet people just keep giving out "Don't rush ranked" advice like it applies to everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Yet people just keep giving out "Don't rush ranked" advice like it applies to everyone.
    Exactly. An advice, that I give to everyone if they are new to LoL and just dinged level 30. It's not up to me for them to follow said advice or not.

Deleted
    Ignominious, I'd suggest you keep off of ranked games for a while. Go play normal draft games to get used to it, the banning, pick order/call order, know how to play all roles to a decent extent. Also pick X champions, you are comfortable with, for each role and pick those only and train those only when you go play normal games, that's what I'm doing atleast and it's about 27 champions I've selected overall, still, some are missing though.

And now to rant about a game. I was thinking of going ranked today but thank god I didn't. Middle of the loading screen the game crashes, I enter the game again and I can't do anything because my net decided to take a crap on me.

Basically spent about 15 mins to try and play but I couldn't do anything. Then when I could do something , it was already lost...

Worst. Internet. Ever.
    Worthless advice.

You learn NOTHING from non ranked. The difference in playstyle and skill level is too vast.
    You think you knew how to farm? Guess again, try doing your same farmstyle in a ranked where people will constantly harass you or where ganks are actually a possibility.

You have to play ranked to learn how to play ranked.
    Playing normals to "get good enough for ranked" is only going to end up with you being dissapointed and left with a gaping anus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Worthless advice.

You learn NOTHING from non ranked. The difference in playstyle and skill level is too vast.
    You think you knew how to farm? Guess again, try doing your same farmstyle in a ranked where people will constantly harass you or where ganks are actually a possibility.

You have to play ranked to learn how to play ranked.
    Playing normals to "get good enough for ranked" is only going to end up with you being dissapointed and left with a gaping anus.
    Why are you putting ranked games on a pedestal? Normals have the same skill level, there is no magic gap between the two. If your normal elo is high enough you are likely to notice a downgrade from them when you start ranked, actually - that's what I experienced.

Players are advised to not jump into ranked immediately not because it's so much more difficult, it's so that I don't get a fresh 30 on his placement matches in my promo series and so that they don't cry about elo hell when they end up where they belong due to lack of experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    it's so that I don't get a fresh 30 on his placement matches in my promo series
    Doesn't this only happen if your MMR is in the shitter anyway?

Exactly. An advice, that I give to everyone if they are new to LoL and just dinged level 30. It's not up to me for them to follow said advice or not.
    And they're probably going to blindly take your advice because they look up to you as more experienced. Giving potentially wrong advice to people who are in a position of ignorance and then acting like you're not doing anything wrong is frankly worrying.

Deleted
    Doesn't this only happen if your MMR is in the shitter anyway?
    Maybe, I wouldn't know. My MMR is probably fine as I get about 50% more LP for win than I drop when I lose, though.

And they're probably going to blindly take your advice because they look up to you as more experienced. Giving potentially wrong advice to people who are in a position of ignorance and then acting like you're not doing anything wrong is frankly worrying.
    They lose nothing by following it even if they would not actually become one of the OMG ELO HELL crowd.

Deleted
    Why are you putting ranked games on a pedestal? Normals have the same skill level, there is no magic gap between the two. If your normal elo is high enough you are likely to notice a downgrade from them when you start ranked, actually - that's what I experienced.

Players are advised to not jump into ranked immediately not because it's so much more difficult, it's so that I don't get a fresh 30 on his placement matches in my promo series and so that they don't cry about elo hell when they end up where they belong due to lack of experience.
    Sure kiddo, sure. You keep believing that.
    The skill level of normals to ranked is like a baboon with a stick to humans. You might htink you are good based from your normals, but you're really not.

And you cant get placement players in your promo matches.

Last game I had, lost horribly because two kids wanted to fight each other over jungling. I can't even do anything about that, at that point. I went in wanting to play support, got to play support, was pretty happy to. But 10 minutes in and our 4 deaths Garen afkes out. GG.

Deleted
    Sure kiddo, sure. You keep believing that.
    The skill level of normals to ranked is like a baboon with a stick to humans. You might htink you are good based from your normals, but you're really not.

And you cant get placement players in your promo matches.
    Care to rise above ad hominem?
    Normals are sorted based on hidden elo just like ranked are. If in your experience in normals you are not harassed in the lane, no one ever ganks and the players are generally bad... Well, that's what elo range you are in.

Deleted
    Look at what is in bold. That's what non ranked games are for. I never said that doing non ranked games will prepare you 100%(!) for ranked games, and if you read what I said on that post you quoted, you would understand that going ranked games to get runes, learn how to make the right masteries against a certain champion, learning how to play X champion(this is the most stupid thing a player can do), etc, isn't exactly ideal.
    How is my advice wrong? How is telling people to back off, for a while, from ranked games when they just hit level 30, a bad advice?
    In case you didn't know, non ranked games have their own MMR, like ranked games do, so yes, non ranked games can, to a certain extent, have players with the same skill of players that are on, for example, from Plat 5 to Diamond 1.

Deleted
    How is my advice wrong? How is telling people to back off, for a while, from ranked games a bad advice?
    potentially
    pot
    entially
    If something serves no effect beyond worsening the play experience of someone (which it could indeed do, otherwise nobody would play ranked), it is bad.

Trafalgar, it's about experience. Even if normals and ranked are entirely different matters, it's still the same map, with the same items and the same champions. You do learn things and get valuable experience.

The only difference is that in ranked, your "place" is shown. You can't see if you have Bronze or Diamond MMR in normals, unless you use external sites, and even then it's not official.

---

As for Zefie, surely you should know by now that there are a lot of people out there without any form of logic whatsoever. I know you're not that oblivious.

Deleted
    Care to rise above ad hominem?
    Normals are sorted based on hidden elo just like ranked are. If in your experience in normals you are not harassed in the lane, no one ever ganks and the players are generally bad... Well, that's what elo range you are in.
    You were saying, ad hominem?

I can guarantee with certainty that I am ranked higher than you, unless you're plat, which I highly doubt if you consider the skill level in normals the same as ranked.

Players in normal are just worse than the ones in ranked. Fact.
    Fighting them teaches you nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at what is in bold. That's what non ranked games are for. I never said that doing non ranked games will prepare you 100%(!) for ranked games, and if you read what I said on that post you quoted, you would understand that going ranked games to get runes, learn how to make the right masteries against a certain champion, learning how to play X champion(this is the most stupid thing a player can do), etc, isn't exactly ideal.

How is my advice wrong? How is telling people to back off, for a while, from ranked games when they just hit level 30, a bad advice?

In case you didn't know, non ranked games have their own MMR, like ranked games do, so yes, non ranked games can, to a certain extent, have players with the same skill of players that are on, for example, from Plat 5 to Diamond 1.
    i'm aware that normals have their own MMR. Doesnt change the fact that the skill level in normals is far lower, making the meaning of said MMR useless.

You're comparing an amateur football team to [insert whatever football team is in the pro leagues of your choice]

Deleted
    So, when a diamond plays normal game they suddenly lose all their ability? Normal games are played on the same map, with the same items and champions, by the same players as ranked. That's all there is to it, really. And honestly, if despite being plat or whatever everyone plays at bronze level when you do a normal game then something is very, very wrong with either your league or your normal elo.

Deleted
    So, when a diamond plays normal game they suddenly lose all their ability? Normal games are played on the same map, with the same items and champions, by the same players as ranked. That's all there is to it, really. And honestly, if despite being plat or whatever everyone plays at bronze level when you do a normal game then something is very, very wrong with either your league or your normal elo.
    Difference being that said diamond will never fight the new 30's on normals.
    You know, because of the MMR you like to wave around.

Again, making doing normals to gain experience, pointless.
    Learning how to beat monkeys isnt going to help you fight tigers.

Only thing you can learn from normals is a build, and you dont even need to play to learn a build when you can look it up instead.

Deleted
    If something serves no effect beyond worsening the play experience of someone (which it could indeed do, otherwise nobody would play ranked), it is bad.
    So you actually think that people that level up to 30 and go straight to ranked games, and keep on going(doesn't matter if they are winning or losing), that would be a good thing?

Like I said above, regardless of how you do well or bad, you shouldn't still do it because you are a new player to LoL, you just dinged 30!

If you don't understand this parallel I'm just going to stop trying to reason with you: imagine in WoW that you just leveled up to 90, let's pretend that raid X is a raid that is considered difficult for the average player and players that are considered good.

Do you think, that in this situation, the newly fresh level 90, REGARDLESS of past experiences, should go and do raid X? He has absutely shit gear, shit gems, if he has crap experience with raids, would you think that telling to stop raiding and go do normal/heroics dungeons a bad thing?

That is the parallel I'm using for people that just dinged 30 and go do ranked(although, if you have past experience, it's less forgiving in LoL than WoW but I hope you can understand what I'm trying to do here).
    I can guarantee with certainty that I am ranked higher than you, unless you're plat, which I highly doubt if you consider the skill level in normals the same as ranked.
    Unfortunately for you, being placed on X divison doesn't mean you're outright right about X thing. If you think like that, then logic would dictate that everyone bellow X division is complete and utter shit, doesn't know shit about the game.

Let's pretend that TheOddOne(first pro that came up to my mind now) got put on gold 5 on his promo matches, does that mean he's suddenyl all of the crap I said above? No, of course not. So don't use the "I'm Plat/diamond X so I'm better than you and I know better".
    i'm aware that normals have their own MMR. Doesnt change the fact that the skill level in normals is far lower, making the meaning of said MMR useless.

You're comparing an amateur football team to [insert whatever football team is in the pro leagues of your choice]
    You still don't understand that non ranked games are the only place to train for ranked games. Whether you do good or bad afterwards in ranked games is irrelevant here.

Non ranked games DO help you get experience for the game. And if you honestly care about ranked games, you're not going to start doing them right off the bat as soon as you ding level 30(unless you're quite the experience player, as in, a smurf).

- - - Updated - - -

So what do you recommend? People should just go play ranked right away or should just play ranked instead of playing non ranked games?

I just had a bad case of game.. I heard it's called League of Legends.. Can someone explain to me how you get hooked? I've been playing Mobas and mods like them since SC / Wc3 was "the thing". And League of Legends is the worst I've ever encountered.

"You haven't given it a fair chance".. Yea, I did. I'm a very open minded guy. I played a few games over two nights and it was the worst gaming experience I've had. It's so simple and dumbified compared to Dota / HoN.

There we go.. I both had a bad team and needed to went. Bad game indeed.

And instead of flaming me about people having different opinions etc, no shit sherlock? Ofc we have. There's a reason 50 games sell well every year instead of one. I just don't understand, and I want to. What's so good with League of Legends? It's a dumbed down, cartoon version of Dota with such less depth it's creepy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    I just had a bad case of game.. I heard it's called League of Legends.. Can someone explain to me how you get hooked? I've been playing Mobas and mods like them since SC / Wc3 was "the thing". And League of Legends is the worst I've ever encountered.

"You haven't given it a fair chance".. Yea, I did. I'm a very open minded guy. I played a few games over two nights and it was the worst gaming experience I've had. It's so simple and dumbified compared to Dota / HoN.

There we go.. I both had a bad team and needed to went. Bad game indeed.

And instead of flaming me about people having different opinions etc, no shit sherlock? Ofc we have. There's a reason 50 games sell well every year instead of one. I just don't understand, and I want to. What's so good with League of Legends? It's a dumbed down, cartoon version of Dota with such less depth it's creepy.
    Moba games are always like this, they all have a community whose many players are needlessly aggressive and you auto branding the game as a "cartoon version of Dota with such less depth it's creepy" is quite hilarious.

Deleted
    So you actually think that people that level up to 30 and go straight to ranked games, and keep on going(doesn't matter if they are winning or losing), that would be a good thing?
    If they feel like it, yeah.
    If you don't understand this parallel I'm just going to stop trying to reason with you: imagine in WoW that you just leveled up to 90, let's pretend that raid X is a raid that is considered difficult for the average player and players that are considered good.
    Except raids have an absolute difficulty, LoL has variable difficulty. Unless you are so bad that it can't find 9 people in the world who are worse than you, you will be accommodated for.

Deleted
    Difference being that said diamond will never fight the new 30's on normals.
    You know, because of the MMR you like to wave around.

Learning how to beat monkeys isnt going to help you fight tigers.

Only thing you can learn from normals is a build, and you dont even need to play to learn a build when you can look it up instead.
    And what, the said fresh 30 would meet a diamond if they went to ranked? Nope.

I do not understand your arguments: in what way are normals easier than ranked? Why are they useless? Do explain. I will list a couple facts(not opinions, facts.):
    1. The same players play normal and ranked
    2. There is no difference in map
    3. There is no difference in items
    4. There is no difference in champions
    5. There is no difference in summoners
    6. There is no difference in runes
    7. There is no difference in masteries
    8. Hidden elo places you with players on your level
    From those please derive your reasoning, explain to my how exactly ranked is leagues harder than normals.