Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    I don't need a poll to tell me how to think about a company. A story, an article, or just personal experience buying their game all have much more weight.

And BTW... this poll shows just how retarded the general public is. I can understand people hating EA for holding back content, or trying to make money on DLC's... but to hate them more than a bank that had a major hand in the collapse of our economy, taking huge bailouts that everyone in America has to pay for? How can that not be the worse company in America?
    Why don't you read about...oh, three paragraphs in?

"To those who might sneer at something as "non-essential" as a video game company winning the Worst Company In America vote: It's that exact kind of attitude that allows people to ignore the complaints as companies like EA to nickel and dime consumers to death."

Besides, BofA won THREE years in a row already. Everyone is more than aware of how terrible that company is. Very few comparatively know of EA's bad business practices.

Not to mention that all the companies in the poll are terrible, terrible things. No matter who wins, they're all losers.

Deleted
    Well, nah. There are probably alot worse in the US, like all those weapon manufacturers who help kill civilians and stuff.

And for the record I personally have no problem with EA. BF3 is awesome, ME3 is awesome (barring the end) the newest FIFA title is one of the best yet and the bad bussiness practices I simply avoid by not buying DLC.

And "nickel and dime consumers to death" - seriously? If someone buys games instead of food/pays rents they have way worse problems than evil publishers.
    Last edited by mmoc64e39b9c60; 2012-04-04 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although i hate EA with a seething hatred, i think they should've had this in a separate category like Worst Video Game company instead of Worst company in America i mean you have to be a REALLY bad company to earn that reward and when i say that i mean like messing up people's lives and not messing up video games. But in all, im glad EA got this reward.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Awesome. I'm glad this might be the first blow that actually hurts them and the award actually went to a company that it might have a large impact on, because lets be honest here, it would have 0 effect on BofA. Hate them all you want, but BofA wouldn't even care if this happened to them. EA's secret viral marketing and "paid for" journalism is absolutely disgusting. Kotaku and IGN are practically owned by EA at this point. They are a cancer inside of the gaming community that buys up small companies and destroys the games many people loved for the sake of profit.

I dont even trust Consumer Reports. For example, they voted Subway the worst place to get a sub. Even though I hate the place and think its nasty, tons of people still eat there.

I'm sorry but this result is just whack. EA are annoy, and clearly jerks, but that site must have been flooded by out-of-touch nerds if EA could beat Bank of America. EA may have made your game a bit crapper or more expensive than it should've otherwise been, but they've never purposefully and maliciously set out to ruin people's lives.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    "EA has been voted the "worst company in America" by readers of customer watchdog site The Consumerist."

"EA and Bank America had beaten a number of other contenders - including Ticketmaster, Apple, GameStop, WalMart, Sony and PayPal - to reach the final round, which the games publisher won with 64.03 per cent of the public vote. Over 250,000 votes were counted throughout the contest."

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congr...-for-2012.html

"There have even been numerous accusations that EA and its ilk deliberately hold back game content with the sole intent of charging a fee for it at a later date. It's one thing to support a game with new content that is worth the price. It's another to put out an inferior — and occasionally broken — product with the mindset of 'ah, we'll fix it later and make some money for doing so.'"

"New, independent game companies do pop up all the time, but the cost of entering the market has historically been too expensive, making these indie innovators prime targets for acquisition by mega-publishers like EA. Our hope is that the growth of app-based gaming and downloadable games will continue to make it easier for developers to get their products out without the backing of companies that don't care a lick about the people who fork over their cash."

"Oh well, Worst Company In America 2012 is officially in the books. All that's left to do is send off the Golden Poo to EA. Traditionally, the Poo has been delivered on its little red pillow. But this year, we'll give EA three different color options for its pillow, though in the end it's still the same old Poo."
    -The Consumerist
    Best price ever! And such a fitting "winner" too!

EA representative's answer of some sort:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...merica/c48iecx

Actually I'm siding with EA on this matter...

Deleted
    You all complain and moan about EA.

But i bet a good number of people in this thread still throw their money at this company...

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    EA representative's answer of some sort:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...merica/c48iecx

Actually I'm siding with EA on this matter...
    Somehow I doubt there is an EA representative out there calling us all dipshits when they could get tracked down.

On topic I was so happy when I saw this"
    "To those who might sneer at something as "non-essential" as a video game company winning the Worst Company In America vote: It's that exact kind of attitude that allows people to ignore the complaints as companies like EA to nickel and dime consumers to death."

I am so sick and tired of morons claiming these issues aren't worthy of attention because there is more pressing matters. I don't know about you but I can personally focus on a variety of issues with my time, I don't have to ignore things and let them get continually worse.

"Worse company in America"? Worse than what?
    Keep The Beats!

Apple should have won.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe they won, BofA gets an article a day on The Consumerist.

If anything, it speaks about what kind of people read The Consumerist, they seem to have a lot of gamers. For me EA is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblbaconator View Post
    Why don't you read about...oh, three paragraphs in?

Besides, BofA won THREE years in a row already. Everyone is more than aware of how terrible that company is. Very few comparatively know of EA's bad business practices.

Not to mention that all the companies in the poll are terrible, terrible things. No matter who wins, they're all losers.
    QFT. A simple yet encompassing concept. Being held accountable is still being held accountable, whether it's a kid who shits in his pants in pre-school or a politician who shits on your rights dressed up for television or whether it's a company who shits on their consumer base, someone, somewhere, somehow has to stand up and go, "Ya? Hey dude. Ya. Fuck off. Fuck you, and fuck off. 'Kay. Bye."

It doesn't matter that it's not a widely known company that feeds on your greenback-pumping jugular, it's that it IS a company that feeds on your greenback-pumping jugular. It's a disgrace ANY of these companies are on this list, no matter how "unaccredited" this poll is. Consumers have rights too, and ire is a great way to reflect some motives that consumers have.

---------- Post added 2012-04-05 at 01:33 AM ----------

It doesn't matter that it's not a widely known company that feeds on your greenback-pumping jugular, it's that it IS a company that feeds on your greenback-pumping jugular. It's a disgrace ANY of these companies are on this list, no matter how "unaccredited" this poll is. Consumers have rights too, and ire is a great way to reflect some motives that consumers have.
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

Videogames are one of the last true free things on this planet that are really any part free from the sodomization of greedy bastards who want to charge you for the air you breathe if they could. They are young, innocent and have become a massive part of modern culture in a rapid space of time and the truly epic and breathtaking games are referred to as 'prime examples' or art for future developers to sit up and take note.

It should be noted that most videogamers are quite passionate about what they play and enjoy, much like any music, book or film fan, and corporate green and shameless monopolies in any way, shape or form is bad for whatever genre they try to exploit.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Deleted
    Well deserved EA... well deserved.

I'd really like to rub this into Mr. Riccitiello Face... in Person.
    Last edited by mmoc204baefcb8; 2012-04-05 at 02:03 AM.

BofA may have the lowest lows, but EA definitely deserves to be known for something like this. They're a company of very poor reputation, and seem uninterested in the least in their practices ruining the reputations of the companies associated with it.

Deleted

and EA wonders why piracy is to rampant.